VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes

rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
I've returned with an update and some thoughts/comments on the recent chats here.

Firstly, my patrons* have voted for an early release of Chapter 5 content.
This will mean a Chapter 5: Part 1 will be available in the distant (but not as distant as a full Chapter) future.

Parts will not be an equal length and the first part's length will be determined by when I reach a good pause point, to leave you hungry/angry for more.

Which brings me to...

Chapter lengths and choices

Chapters have a life of their own and while I can chat stats with you all the day long, it's all subjective as Hell (lines of dialogue vs images vs choices, etc.). And it's going to 'get worse'.
For instance, Chapter 5 has two possible beginnings. In anyone's terms that's 'double' the work when perhaps only a few will ever see one path. Also certain relationships are now very different, so in the same scene there are many different dialogue paths and often image alternatives. No complaints, but choices are a click for users, a time sink for developers.

On choices. I'll try not to punish you, but the story needs its ups and downs.
I think the game (that got everyone upset) did a brave thing in terms of drama and an 'either or' choice. However I'm not going to do that, in those terms, but I do like to make seemingly simple choices matter.
Whether Marie gets the knife or not, it isn't the salvation to a life in the apocalypse, but it does matter for one moment. A moment that will affect a character much later.
I've also said it before. The results of your very first choice will only become apparent near the end. Again, I'm not going to punish you, but there are consequences.

Just like some people don't think through the real consequences of pregnancy...

*For those who don't know, I have a Patreon account, but it's closed and I'm simply fulfilling rewards to original patrons for the moment.
I really like this game
I hope he continues :love:

Jamsalad

Mar 22, 2018
Did this dev pause for mental health issues too? Really sucks this game had great potential. Seems less than 50% of these "onhold" games ever get resumed again...

P3zz0

MP-40 Enjoyer
Donor
Compressor
Jul 8, 2017
Did this dev pause for mental health issues too? Really sucks this game had great potential. Seems less than 50% of these "onhold" games ever get resumed again...
if only you would have scrolled a few pages before this one, you could have seen that the Dev announced he restarted the development of the game but oh well :)

Last edited:

1215grilz

Aug 18, 2017
if only you would have scrolled a few pages before this one, you could have seen that the Dev announced he restarted the development of the game but oh well :)
In his defense, it does still read that the game is on hold in the main title.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
In his defense, it does still read that the game is on hold in the main title.
And will probably be until the next update gets published. Doesn't mean that he isn't working on the game ATM.

Last edited:

JinXXX

Jul 12, 2017
Finally tried this game and wow... This is one of those rare visual novels that makes you blow your load to the ceiling. A good example that perfect renders are not the most important thing. The story and build-up is absolutely amazing.

I'm going to support this masterpiece for sure if the dev comes back to life.

ran.jpg

Last edited:

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Honestly though, did this dev catch the 'rona?
Patreon is "do not sub this is a dead page" (paraphrase)
The account here has had ZERO activity since May 30th
I cannot find any other place to hear about him/her or this game......

Sad

Reactions: Jackmcbean

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Honestly though, did this dev catch the 'rona?
Patreon is "do not sub this is a dead page" (paraphrase)
The account here has had ZERO activity since May 30th
I cannot find any other place to hear about him/her or this game......

Sad
The Patreon page has been like that for a lot longer than the 'rona has been about, the reason was that the dev doesn't want the pressure of deadlines.

lyfsavor

Mar 31, 2020
Wow this is a great game so far, please keep the updates coming. I wasn't sure I was going to like the zombies angle but the characters and story make it really work. I'll be supporting this one!

Apr 24, 2018
I've returned with an update and some thoughts/comments on the recent chats here.

Firstly, my patrons* have voted for an early release of Chapter 5 content.
This will mean a Chapter 5: Part 1 will be available in the distant (but not as distant as a full Chapter) future.

Parts will not be an equal length and the first part's length will be determined by when I reach a good pause point, to leave you hungry/angry for more.

Which brings me to...

Chapter lengths and choices

Chapters have a life of their own and while I can chat stats with you all the day long, it's all subjective as Hell (lines of dialogue vs images vs choices, etc.). And it's going to 'get worse'.
For instance, Chapter 5 has two possible beginnings. In anyone's terms that's 'double' the work when perhaps only a few will ever see one path. Also certain relationships are now very different, so in the same scene there are many different dialogue paths and often image alternatives. No complaints, but choices are a click for users, a time sink for developers.

On choices. I'll try not to punish you, but the story needs its ups and downs.
I think the game (that got everyone upset) did a brave thing in terms of drama and an 'either or' choice. However I'm not going to do that, in those terms, but I do like to make seemingly simple choices matter.
Whether Marie gets the knife or not, it isn't the salvation to a life in the apocalypse, but it does matter for one moment. A moment that will affect a character much later.
I've also said it before. The results of your very first choice will only become apparent near the end. Again, I'm not going to punish you, but there are consequences.

Just like some people don't think through the real consequences of pregnancy...

*For those who don't know, I have a Patreon account, but it's closed and I'm simply fulfilling rewards to original patrons for the moment.
Thank you for making that clear! Man, "the game that got everyone upset" gave me trust issues for any new VN when I start getting attached to the characters. It was like getting kicked in the balls outta nowhere while I'm tryna choke the chicken (I'm not kinkshaming lol). I'm all for drama but that low-key broke me for a min. Looking forward to chapter 5! Hope everything's going well on your side and that you're staying safe "during these uncertain times".

camoway

May 15, 2017
i get the whole no pressue but its almost been a year with no update. can someone take this work and do something with it? lets get this ball rolling agian, thats what he would have wanted.

HeroicLegend

Jan 13, 2019
i get the whole no pressue but its almost been a year with no update. can someone take this work and do something with it? lets get this ball rolling agian, thats what he would have wanted.

The last update this game had was in December. It has not been a full year yet. Ever since the start of the pandemic (you know, a life threatening problem), some stuff happened in the dev's life that prevented them from working on the game. Ink updated the thread around May with news about Chapter 5 and has been slowly working on the game since April. These updates take time, if you want quality, you'll have to wait for it like the rest of us. I don't think anyone else should "pick up" the game since it will be guaranteed to be a lesser quality version (especially in terms of writing) of the game.

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes