VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 88 Votes

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
It's not so much that I dislike their interactions but that it feels that there's no room for normal interactions that doesn't revolve around jerking, blowing and shooting the load somewhere. The floodgates are open now.

I don't know what it's like to be in his position when there's no other drama I'm able to connect with. Maybe it feels that way because there was such a huge pause in between updates and I can't remember if the MC was ever any different so don't take my words too seriously. There are still very good scenes in it, even the one with the ranch dressing. The pacing could be different though, I guess. Or maybe I am just tired.
I agree with you regarding the pacing in this chapter. It's a continuous leap from one sexual encounter to another. This is deliberate as I wanted to show the mental rut that had the MC's has, quite happily, been stuck in (chasing the next orgasm). But this chapter is slightly shorter than I'd like, so I hope the balance will be restored, very quickly, in Chapter 6.

And, yep, I think the production length is taking a toll on how the characters and story is unfolding. We're supposed to reach this stage obviously much quicker, so thanks to all who are hanging in there.

Cab-boe

Dec 7, 2018
Just wanted to dip my toe in to suggest not using flashbacks to achieve what a small moment between two characters reminiscing can do. It can be a better experience but it can also be not as effective as some subtle dialogue, depends on the circumstance, and also it takes time away from developing the current story which should probably be the main focus.

The only issue is, if the purpose of bringing up the past is for characterization, without any specific 'wow' moments that recontextualize current story stuff, then ideally we would have gotten them in the first couple of chapters.

Personally I'd be happy with inferring a zombie apocalypse can make people do weird stuff, but if you want to be explicit about it i just hope you don't bend over backwards for it.

Maybe you already agree with me and aren't planning to dig any deeper into the context of the story anyway.

Reactions: inkalicious

Demnor

Apr 12, 2020
Just found this game and I am impressed, very well made story, character arches and graphics.

Looking forward to more in the future though would like an option to contribute and support.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Hmm.... I don't recognize the woman in that render. It's not mom or sis, nor the girl they just rescued. Can't wait to see the next release.

liege_n

Mar 17, 2018
I am so glad that Chapter 5 has finally come out. Months of waiting and anticipation built up to a very solid entry to the series so far. I'm not sure if I've done something wrong with Marie, but beyond that, definitely glad to see all the characters again. Loved replaying through it.

Reactions: inkalicious
4.60 star(s) 88 Votes