VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
I was always wondering if anyone was ever gonna use a missing arm/leg mod for Honey Select for story purposes.

• Haha
Reactions: thorin0815

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
I was always wondering if anyone was ever gonna use a missing arm/leg mod for Honey Select for story purposes.
You probably know how difficult it is to track down some HS mods, but for the life of me I couldn't find any. Except one, which was too extreme. So I just edited the arm bones within HSPE. Clunky*, but it'll do.

(*Not HSPE. That's a great tool, but this is a clunky workaround)

Reactions: Kinderfeld

Whatamidooing

Apr 22, 2019
I don't know if anyone else is haveing this issue but the family edition won't run on linux due to 'lack of permissions'

All I did was extract the archive at try to run it.

duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
I don't know if anyone else is haveing this issue but the family edition won't run on linux due to 'lack of permissions'

All I did was extract the archive at try to run it.
so fix the permissions. is the problem that the .sh file isn't executable? type ls -la /yourpathtogamehere/ and look at the flags underlined in red in this picture:
Untitled.png
if those x's aren't present then they need to be for the shell script to launch. type chmod +x /yourpathtogamehere/KindreadTheRedburns.sh to make the file executable. you may also have to chmod +x /yourpathtogamehere/lib/linux-x86_64/KindreadTheRedburns. you will have to sudo these commands, probably. i find this is often necessary with compressed versions of these renpy games.

Reactions: asanoturna

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
Choose your character and use their emoji on this post

Yet another character you'll meet in Chapter 6 and the final vote in this series. Good luck!​
Again the differences are very subtle, the only big difference I can notice is their noses shape, and I like the B variant more

Whatamidooing

Apr 22, 2019
so fix the permissions. is the problem that the .sh file isn't executable? type ls -la /yourpathtogamehere/ and look at the flags underlined in red in this picture:
View attachment 1164158
if those x's aren't present then they need to be for the shell script to launch. type chmod +x /yourpathtogamehere/KindreadTheRedburns.sh to make the file executable. you may also have to chmod +x /yourpathtogamehere/lib/linux-x86_64/KindreadTheRedburns. you will have to sudo these commands, probably. i find this is often necessary with compressed versions of these renpy games.
the x's are present and the permissions are correctly set but it still won't run for the same reason.

As an aside most of the renpy games only run when useing the ./ command and not as an executable directly for some reason but the same ends are achieved

Edit: fixed it. the second file wasn't there until I attempted to launch it, now executable and it works

Last edited:
Reactions: duningtwo

duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
the x's are present and the permissions are correctly set but it still won't run for the same reason.
as well for the file /gamepath/lib/linux-x86_64/KindreadTheRedburns (or /gamepath/lib/linux-i686/KindreadTheRedburns if you're on a 32 bit installation)?
and the user/group ownerships (just recursively chown the whole folder)?

Last edited:

duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
@Whatamidooing
i just downloaded the family edition (normal, not compressed) and had to chmod +x the two files i mentioned above (/gamefolder/KindreadTheReadburns.sh and /gamefolder/lib/linux-x86_64/KindreadTheRedburns) in order to execute the .sh file. assuming both of them are executable for you as well then the problem must be file ownership, which chown -R user:group /gamefolder/ will fix where user and group are specific to your user/group setup.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
it doesn't say but is there a harem route?
Yes?... Kinda.
It's listed in the 'Planned Content' on the OP (along with others) and I speak a bit about it in the FAQ.

Here's the bit about it...

Harem ending?
The aim of the game is to get the girls. However... Not all of the girls you meet/insert your penis into will be available for a harem.
For this reason I'm not saying it's a harem game. If I do that, and a random girl gets munched by the undead, it'll all be "YOU LIED TO US! I CAN'T HAVE A HAREM WITH JUST HER LITTLE TOE!"

Drainer002

Jul 23, 2020
Immunity

YAY that means its not COMPLETELY HOPELESS ala the walking dead.
If you can build a safe haven away from the Zed, you can possibly rebuild humanity if someone doesn't kill you first.
Walking dead and others where you just animate as soon as you die always truck me as BS because in that reality your just fucked and really there is no hope for the future because, as we've seen, all it takes to fuck your nice walled compound is little jimmy to slip on the soap and suddenly you've got infected behind the walls. >.<

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Heh, the funny thing about most of those movies is that, in the beginning they stay dead for hours before rising again, 1 chapter furter and its less then 5 min (aprox to timeline) and later on its almost instant, so you could say its an evolution of the virus but they never seem to get it right on the timeframe :FacePalm:

BlackFoxEv

Jun 4, 2020
I have read about the FAQ, but I would like to ask you something different:

I like that mother and sister offer some resistance, not because they don't want to or want to. I neither want nor expect there to be rape, no. I mean, "out of decency" avoid doing dirty things with your son / brother, even if you want to (Well, no person is made of stone)

So ... As the chapters progress, that resistance will be reduced or there will be the possibility that it will be maintained. Something like a "limit" line that should not be crossed and is constantly crossed. For example: You are my son, I should not drink your milk. He insists and she gives in, because she wanted him to. You are my brother, we can only have anal sex, not vaginal. He seduces her and they end up doing it.

And so with all the perversities that you can think of. What I mean, to make it clear, is that all sexual relationships will have some conflict or if in the long run it will just be putting her in and taking her out.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I have read about the FAQ, but I would like to ask you something different:
I'm honestly not a fan of your idea, for the simple reason I can't see how this should feel different. I think like 90% of the games in here are based on your idea...
If we consider only incest games, the percentage is even higher

BlackFoxEv

Jun 4, 2020
I'm honestly not a fan of your idea, for the simple reason I can't see how this should feel different. I think like 90% of the games in here are based on your idea...
If we consider only incest games, the percentage is even higher

I respect that you don't like my idea, but ... do you really think it's so '' usual ''? The stories where the woman resists at the beginning and once they have sex, you can do whatever you want to her seem much more repetitive and she will enjoy it.

Anyway, well, it's just a proposal. In the first place, the artist has to like it, and lastly, the majority like it.

A hug.

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes