Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
This guy thinks white hot hate and derision leads to progress, and that devs with a proven track record arguably going through a rough patch can be equated to deliberate milkers and scammers. Imagine being this dumb.
What proven track record? Hreinn Games were Sierra and Nomo. They had proven track record, but that's not who Hreinn Games is at the moment due to Sierra leaving.

Now there is a whole new developer team (Nomo, Ndsferrari and Monsinne) that barely have a track record. They just released their second update in ten months... that's not much of a record. And it's certainly not "a proven track record". It may be early to call them milkers and scammers but we'll see about that soon enough. If it take another seven months to deliver next update then that label might be correct.

Just for comparison, in that same time frame, Sierra released seven updates to TLS, art pack for Desecration of Wings, Crimson Gray 1.5, Once Ever After beta version and three novels... so I'd say that any proven track record Hreinn had was due to Sierra.

neyzop

May 8, 2017
anyone help? every time that I try rest, say that I need do a show but nothing happens when I go to relief tents

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
Was there much story content added Update wise?

Other than a few slut-path variances that I can see, there doesn't seem to be that much new content. I'm not going to spend a few hours playing the game again if there is nothing new but a few sex scenes.

Aug 27, 2017
what i need to do after meetin w/ merchants? i try to rest, but Sabia said i can't sleep, i've promised etc. and if i go to bandits, there's bad end or w8 Neve and leads for nothing

ineedaname555

Jun 14, 2017
What proven track record? Hreinn Games were Sierra and Nomo. They had proven track record, but that's not who Hreinn Games is at the moment due to Sierra leaving.

Now there is a whole new developer team (Nomo, Ndsferrari and Monsinne) that barely have a track record. They just released their second update in ten months... that's not much of a record. And it's certainly not "a proven track record". It may be early to call them milkers and scammers but we'll see about that soon enough. If it take another seven months to deliver next update then that label might be correct.

Just for comparison, in that same time frame, Sierra released seven updates to TLS, art pack for Desecration of Wings, Crimson Gray 1.5, Once Ever After beta version and three novels... so I'd say that any proven track record Hreinn had was due to Sierra.
This is their last chance since they said the reason updates were so slow and small was because they were a new team and needed some time to make it work and we will see how this goes.

About sierra though, she abandoned this project to focus on her own stuff and while that was her decision and its fine people shouldn't act like kod had stable updates because of Seirra. Sierra was releasing a lot of her own stuff while she was still working on kod with Nomo which means kod was not one of her priorities long before she left the team. Sierra decided to focus solely on her own patreon and managed to put out a lot of content while Nomo had a new team to work with and that slowed the progression of the project, the lack of communication was a big mistake from their side and made things even worse but let's hope that they will fix all the shit and keep the track record they had with NN.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
This is their last chance since they said the reason updates were so slow and small was because they were a new team and needed some time to make it work and we will see how this goes.
I might buy that excuse if this was their first update... but it's not. According to what Nomo said, Sierra left around the time 0.6.x version was released. I don't know how much work Sierra did for 0.7.x version but I doubt it was much (if there was any) and yet it took only three months to release that version as opposed to seven months to release this one. Were there some adjustment period needed... sure, but I don't buy the excuse that it's been seven months because of that.

About sierra though, she abandoned this project to focus on her own stuff and while that was her decision and its fine people shouldn't act like kod had stable updates because of Seirra. Sierra was releasing a lot of her own stuff while she was still working on kod with Nomo which means kod was not one of her priorities long before she left the team. Sierra decided to focus solely on her own patreon and managed to put out a lot of content while Nomo had a new team to work with and that slowed the progression of the project, the lack of communication was a big mistake from their side and made things even worse but let's hope that they will fix all the shit and keep the track record they had with NN.
Oh, I agree that Sierra lost interest in this long before she left... I'd say she started loosing interest somewhere between 0.3.x and 0.4.x and that certainly played a part in why updates took so long.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Is there a consequent for siding with all three orc chief? I want to side with the civil guy but that slave armor from brutal guy look sick :v

Moreslaw

Sep 21, 2018
Sooo yeah, everyone gonna have their own opinion. Here's mine. This was rly poor update. Amount of content that is crucial to this kind of games was super disappointing. You get basically like 4 scenes with variants which are in other words "time savers" for author as he simply used the same template with some minor variations. If someone likes story over arts then maybe will like it, but as I am more of a art guy than text guy I am fairly disappointed. Not just because of number of scenes but because of the fact that even those included in 0.8 were made in such opportunistic way it couldn't take author more than 1 week straight. In over 3 months time of development... well, if I had that productivity I would simply lose my job ;)
So as long as their income per month stays over 5k$ I wouldn't count on any astonishing progress. In other words that never gonna change because there will always be new ppl visiting and bumping that milk meter each now and then ;) Btw. 0.8 ? Rly ? Like, on what version will game plot end if we are already 0.8 and we are nowhere near end ? xD
Please spare me that moralizing crap about how patreon ... free donations ... no obligations. Thank you in advance.
Cheers

Reactions: YuriiH
Feb 27, 2017
A decent coded RPGM game has no issues when using the cheat engine speedhack, used it for playing MGQP especially Labyrinth for example. It is kinda like the rollback feature Renpy has that often causes problems because devs are shitty.
I think speeding a RPGM game hasnt caused crashes for maybe one in every twenty games, to be fair I only play RPGM from here so small teams or solo devs but thats all that matters to me

As for renpys roll back it seems a lot more rare than one in twenty not to mention its a feature RPGM doesnt even have

You do realize that properly coded RPGM games offer choice to completely remove battle animations (so there is no need to speed them up), choice between instant text and scroll, whether to dash or walk, etc. making need to speed it up with cheat engine unnecessary.
It's still far too slow, aint no body got time for RPGMs slow ass, its why renpy games hardly need a gallery just save at the scene, RPGM on the other hand

Oh yes, it is an option... just not a very good one. Especially not when compared to RPGM. And same goes for character stats, leveling up, setting up shops, having multiple different enemies, etc.

If you want a game that involve combat then Ren'py is probably one of the worst option out there... only thing I can think of that would be worse is making it in HTML.
Renpy allows you to implement an identical turn based combat or box based inventory system (KoD shows this even), it's just much harder to do as where in RPGM its steamlined and simple, however in renpy you could do a point and click or other type of combat system RPGM simply cant

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I think speeding a RPGM game hasnt caused crashes for maybe one in every twenty games, to be fair I only play RPGM from here so small teams or solo devs but thats all that matters to me
The only RPGM game I had that crash was Living with Mia but that was due to poor optimization from devs... I can't remember any other that crashed.

It's still far too slow, aint no body got time for RPGMs slow ass, its why renpy games hardly need a gallery just save at the scene, RPGM on the other hand
I don't find them slow but to each their own... what I don't have time for is grind. And let us not forget "saves don't work" crap that I barely encountered before I started playing Ren'py games... but now it feels like nearly half the games I play have saves that don't work from one version to the next forcing me to replay everything from the start.

Renpy allows you to implement an identical turn based combat or box based inventory system (KoD shows this even), it's just much harder to do as where in RPGM its steamlined and simple, however in renpy you could do a point and click or other type of combat system RPGM simply cant
Yes, it allows it. It's just not very good at it. Especially if you want to have multi party group all with their own ability sets.

Also while I dislike RPGM MV, it does allow for point and click.

Sinvx

Aug 9, 2017
Sooo yeah, everyone gonna have their own opinion. Here's mine. This was rly poor update. Amount of content that is crucial to this kind of games was super disappointing. You get basically like 4 scenes with variants which are in other words "time savers" for author as he simply used the same template with some minor variations. If someone likes story over arts then maybe will like it, but as I am more of a art guy than text guy I am fairly disappointed. Not just because of number of scenes but because of the fact that even those included in 0.8 were made in such opportunistic way it couldn't take author more than 1 week straight. In over 3 months time of development... well, if I had that productivity I would simply lose my job ;)
So as long as their income per month stays over 5k$ I wouldn't count on any astonishing progress. In other words that never gonna change because there will always be new ppl visiting and bumping that milk meter each now and then ;) Btw. 0.8 ? Rly ? Like, on what version will game plot end if we are already 0.8 and we are nowhere near end ? xD
Please spare me that moralizing crap about how patreon ... free donations ... no obligations. Thank you in advance.
Cheers

I don't know, they lost a lot of support, when I first started following them, they were at like 8k a month.

plan C failed

Aug 3, 2017
Anyone know of a way to change the choice of 'Recruit/Enslave/Free/Work off their Debt' after you capture the catgirls , maybe through editing a variable using saveeditonline? Thanks in advance and my appreciation to the dev team for working on this game.

Nomo

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Hey people, Nomo here.

I see some people here being upset about the time the recent updates take and just wanted to give my side. I hope you can try to not be as harsh to the new team and how things are in comparison with Sierra, since with her we did have 3~4 months before even starting patreon, to work on Noxian Night in which we improved our teamwork and efficiency.

With KoD and the current new team, it is a lot harder than that. It is like jumping on a moving train and trying to keep your balance. We did spend a lot of time remaking and writing the plans, story lines and lore and rewriting it in a new format, since a lot of my plans with Sierra were scattered in chat conversations and emails. We did that while we also worked on new releases. It is no joke how much time and work that can take and be put into practice for people joining so far into the development of a project. On top of getting the new team familiar with multiple other things like character profiles, how they act, their backstories not yet revealed or other quirks and specifics for current and future events in writing and coding. Monsinne for one example had to learn some coding too, to be able to add in dialogue and expressions, plus dialogue options among other things.Also the last 2 updates had more than 150 000 words in writing.

I understand how some of those things can go completely unnoticed on the outside and only the CG fetishes and count to be looked at as what we only do, so hopefully I can bring up a new angle that might make you understand us and our work better. Overall tho, I am happy how they are doing things and we did iron out a lot of edges to smooth our team work.So while I saw some people here doomsaying, I have no plans to stop developing KoD and will do everything I can to finish and improve its quality and have a big story driven game filled with fetishes that everyone can find something they like depending on their choices.

For the current update, I am happy how it turned out. We did listen to feedback and have been improving a lot of things after Sierra left, and have been reintroducing some of the earlier content. In this update we did present both dom and sub scenes and a scene for each alliance, but also we tried to have more human scenes as opposed to orc ones people seemed to want to go away from. We did have a bad end, that was highly requested and on top of that we added a tentacle scene if you wanted something entirely different. We cant please everyone, but hopefully everyone got at least something they liked out of it.
Next we will be focusing on making cities and human character bases to fill them with, which I am currently drawing, in order for Sabia to venture out and progress the story that direction. I know people usually dont appreciate or care that much for the effort put in backgrounds or things like character designs,writing and base sprites, but it is something that the game needs to function.

So that aside, if you have constructive feedback after reading and playing through this update and the last one my new team worked on, I am happy to read and reflect on. If you have in-depth comments with examples and opinions on art, cgs, writing and story, or maybe game design in general do share them and I will read through. Also this update we also introduced and worked on 2 new characters, Bris and Kira, hopefully you liked the work put in their designs and characters because we do have a lot of fun ideas with them too. Also I do know some people consider variants as simple work, but CG's like the tekrok one in the current update had over 300 layers in order for Sabia to be able to do blowjobs, handjobs, have double penetration and all the groping action plus more. CG's like that one easily consume double and more the work than a normal one, so while some people simplify everything to just ''one cg'',they do miss the complexity and flexibility they provide. It is the easiest thing for me to make on static picture with cum off and cum on, and finish it in 2/3 days, but I hope the added motion and visual changes justify the time and work they take me.
Of course if people dislike the many changes and variants like we had in the tekrok and the tentacle/Ba ashi CGs for example, I can always tone that down and make more CGs, but with simple to no changes on them.

I know some people here seem to be pessimistic, so hopefully that perspective and insight plus what we have in plans in the future can ease your concerns. Since in the end of the day I do want to make people happy playing my games and I do enjoy what I do to the point where quality and improving is what I strive for.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes