Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Wait Sierra is no longer on the project, when and why did that happen?
Sometime before the release of 0.6. The reason has been left vague so everyone is just guessing, but it mostly seems like sierra really wanted to go for the politics driven game play with a large cast of characters and factions as promised at the start of the project, while the feedback from the community wanted a focus on scenes and a few main actors.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
-- while the feedback from the community wanted a focus on scenes and a few main actors.
Or to put it more bluntly based on what the conversation here tended to be like, "I am upset Sabia isn't gobbling ALL the cock". >_>

Also a fair bit of "it's not Noxian Nights 2 reeeeeeee" if memory serves.

Reactions: FlyingSpaceRhino
Jan 18, 2018
Wait Sierra is no longer on the project, when and why did that happen?
As a few people mentioned, Sierra and Nomo only gave us all a pretty vague reason behind why they ended up splitting. That said, the writing was on the wall for a while. By that point releases had slowed down, when new updates came out they were lacking much content, and it just felt like the enthusiasm from the developers had died down. I think Sierra and Nomo just came to have differing ideas for where they wanted KoD to go.

This is all inference, but it seemed like Sierra wanted something with a heavier, more intricate plot with the sex scenes as flavor rather than focus. I think Nomo wanted more of a focus on the sex. So I wouldn't expect an amazing plotline going forward, but we'll probably see Sabia and the cast fucking more so there's that.

Eliza12

May 2, 2017
I see, thanks for the clarification.
I guess I will be putting my hopes on Seeds Of Chaos then as it seems to be more story driven.

hans851

Jul 12, 2019
Sometime before the release of 0.6. The reason has been left vague so everyone is just guessing, but it mostly seems like sierra really wanted to go for the politics driven game play with a large cast of characters and factions as promised at the start of the project, while the feedback from the community wanted a focus on scenes and a few main actors.
i have to admit i feel the same way. i had fun till after the trial then it got a little bit boring, too much reading too few scenes, especially with sabia.
and i wish they would focus a little bit more on the dom/sub part. dom side you just satisfy your needs by force and sub side the orcs likewise XD

HomerSFM

Jan 28, 2018
It's been a week of silence and they have yet to post the post with the announcement of the release date..Early September is almost over in my book as well.

Can't make this shit up.. :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
I really don't like how people are talking as if games with interesting settings and plots, deep and developing characters, and depth of story, and games that feature high levels of lewd and naughty content are mutually exclusive. They're not. At all.

FlipFish

Oct 23, 2017
I really don't like how people are talking as if games with interesting settings and plots, deep and developing characters, and depth of story, and games that feature high levels of lewd and naughty content are mutually exclusive. They're not. At all.
Adult games can be great stories and experiences that transcend the initial allure of adult content they offer, I don't think anybody is saying it's not possible. It certainly is and I've played plenty of games where this was the case, but I fail to see how this applies to KoD. I don't know what version of this game some people here played where it was apparently some narrative masterpiece but I've been following this game since pretty early on and I've never once played anything more than a game with an mediocre political intrigue/revenge plot and nice art.

FlipFish

Oct 23, 2017
Care to recommend some? I really like The Last Sovereign but aside from it I can't say I have found many adult games with "great stories".

There are some great slice-of-life ones like Good Girl Gone Bad but those usually lack the depth of story, and then you have a lot of japanese titles that have "epic" stories but the characters and the world-building are absolute crap.

I remember trying Roundscape Adorevia once but the beginning bored me out of my mind, maybe I just picked a bad start but I didn't go far with that game. Tried Seeds of Chaos as well, found it a bit more interesting but it seemed like a lot of the content was restricted to cuckholdry and submitting to your comically evil demon overlords, it seemed like the game did allow you to resist and undermine them but I was afraid there wouldn't be much content down that route, also got a bit overwhelmed with the whole conquest map since I didn't know if I was supposed to try to do well or do poorly on purpose to properly undermine the demons.
Depends what you're into. A lot of the games I play aren't even translated in English(but thankfully a few of them are getting translated). My personal favorite is the Rance series though I suppose that one isn't really fair because the world, stakes and characters develop over the course of several games. There's such massive library of H games that giving you recommendations off the top of my head is kind of tough, not to mention these are games that I consider good and of course that's going to be very subjective.

So I don't end up going off topic, let me say the I'm not shitting on KoD by means, It's still easily one of my favorite games in terms of western games, but I simply never understood the praise that the political aspect of the game or Sierra's writing in general gets.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Depends what you're into. A lot of the games I play aren't even translated in English(but thankfully a few of them are getting translated). My personal favorite is the Rance series though I suppose that one isn't really fair because the world, stakes and characters develop over the course of several games. There's such massive library of H games that giving you recommendations off the top of my head is kind of tough, not to mention these are games that I consider good and of course that's going to be very subjective.

So I don't end up going off topic, let me say the I'm not shitting on KoD by means, It's still easily one of my favorite games in terms of western games, but I simply never understood the praise that the political aspect of the game or Sierra's writing in general gets.
Alright, fair enough. I will keep the Rance series in mind, thank you.

I think people just praise the "political" aspect of KoD because that's what was advertised in the patreon description, as far as I'm concerned the main thing it was getting done to make a great story was the world-building, which I feel is one of Sierra's strong points. The characters were okay in design and had potential, and the idea of playing as a character that starts as an imperialist racist snob was interesting, but then the game kind of stagnated. It had the stage set for intrigue but it just never blossomed.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Yeah it felt like it was just starting to get good (terrible raid minigame aside) with 0.5 and then Sierra left, leaving 0.6 as a sidequest-only update and 0.7 and 0.8 with a completely different tone and new direction for the story. It just makes me sad thinking what could've been. Ah well.

Reactions: w00de

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
Pineapple on Pizza!

How dare you bring this subject up in here... Know you not that Pineapple Pizza is heresy of the highest order, that it is worse than even that depraved spectacle of hand-holding!

Reactions: Redgy
3.90 star(s) 76 Votes