Anorak

Feb 28, 2017
A while back I heard that the group split up (not sure who it was or what job they had, but seeing as it is still getting updates I'm betting it wasn't the artist).
Can someone clear this up for me? It was a while ago, but could someone tell me who left, and for what reason? Or am I getting this entirely wrong?

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
A while back I heard that the group split up (not sure who it was or what job they had, but seeing as it is still getting updates I'm betting it wasn't the artist).
Can someone clear this up for me? It was a while ago, but could someone tell me who left, and for what reason? Or am I getting this entirely wrong?
Original team was Nomo and Sierra Lee. Nomo does art, character design, and story concept. Sierra did writing, game design, and some coding. Sierra left for unknown reasons, we don't know anything except that it was in amicable terms (so it could be anything from creative differences to her just wanting more time to work on her own projects). Since then, Nomo hired 2 people to replace Sierra Lee, a writer and a coder, not sure who's doing game design.

This has all happened over a year ago, so honestly it shouldn't be much of a factor when discussing KoD's current development. At most it just serves as confirmation that the bottleneck of the game's development is Nomo's work, so either he needs to delegate more tasks or find a way to speed-up his art, hopefully without losing too much of the quality he is known for.

Reactions: Back

microskills

Apr 30, 2018
Original team was Nomo and Sierra Lee. Nomo does art, character design, and story concept. Sierra did writing, game design, and some coding. Sierra left for unknown reasons, we don't know anything except that it was in amicable terms (so it could be anything from creative differences to her just wanting more time to work on her own projects). Since then, Nomo hired 2 people to replace Sierra Lee, a writer and a coder, not sure who's doing game design.

This has all happened over a year ago, so honestly it shouldn't be much of a factor when discussing KoD's current development. At most it just serves as confirmation that the bottleneck of the game's development is Nomo's work, so either he needs to delegate more tasks or find a way to speed-up his art, hopefully without losing too much of the quality he is known for.
I sure wish that AI could develop to the point of copying the art style and create new art so the patreon artist isn't the bottleneck, but in fact the MOST productive person.

I feel overall the biggest Achilles heel to patreon/indie studios 100% has to be the fact that almost none of them know of proper company/project management and thus they either put everything in one basket or spread things out so far and wide it becomes impossible to finish.

I agree with you about downgrading the quality of the art work but to explicitly tell the fans that the current version will be revisited in chronological order on an interval of 3-6 months (so Nomo doesn't burn himself to death).

Last resort would ofc be to do use 3D models like Trap Quest does.

• Red Heart
Reactions: rockon123

Kerilos

Jul 24, 2019
How/when do you unlock the scenes with Kia and Sabia? I have done the raids and lake, and done everything I can think of with Kia but whenever I visit her she is apperently to restless.

YanChen

Apr 12, 2018
I downloaded the game for the first time and it's unplayable. Is there any fix to remove the errors?

ralchemilla

Jul 21, 2020
would pregnancy be a thing, seeing how orcs population is at an all-time low, most orc factions are devoid of female orcs due to plot reasons, or are they all sterile due to plot reasons like how it was afflicted to the iconic sliver-haired monster hunter by the name of Geralt >:3

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I downloaded the game for the first time and it's unplayable. Is there any fix to remove the errors?
Little to go on... Try redownloading the game into a different spot. You might have ended up with a corrupted download.
would pregnancy be a thing, seeing how orcs population is at an all-time low, most orc factions are devoid of female orcs due to plot reasons, or are they all sterile due to plot reasons.
I haven't done a deep dive of this game in quite a while. However, versions from two years ago had pregnancy (in bad ends). The answers to your other questions will be answered as you play. (I don't want to spoil things.) Have fun!

Deefrost

Jun 21, 2017
Update Post Jul 30, 2020

veli.png

Hey guys.

Just a quick update to let you guys know where we are at and what we have been doing, we will try to do more update posts as we complete more work on each patch. This will contain some spoilers of what quests we are working on, so keep that in mind!

For writing, Monsinne has been working on a large quest that is closed to being finished - it involves Vehlis, Lynn and a new character. It gives a bit more insight into Vehlis and Alioch, as well as showing more of what Tyra and Lynn are working on behind the scenes. We were glad to hear that people enjoyed the investigation quest in .10. With that in mind, this Vehlis quest will involve an investigative component. We hope to have it a bit clearer and easier to follow, and have it a bit more involved.

In terms of art, Nomo has been working on the CG that goes with the aforementioned quest, as well as new mini-CGs for some repeatable scenes.

For programming, Nds has been working on implementing a simple quest log. We have heard a lot of feedback about this, and we agree it would help make things more clear and enjoyable to play. It will help keep track of what quests you are working on, as well as pointing you in the direction to go for the next part of the quest. At the moment this quest log will not be retroactive. It may be in the future.

Thanks for everyone's support. Stay safe.

D

Deleted member 2414673

Probably a really dumb question, but how do you harvest Venomnettle?

Every time I try to harvest it, it just says "They're to low to the ground to use a sword on, I need something smaller..."

I bought the shovel thinking that would work, but no luck, any help?

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Yup. Dagger needed to cut through the Venomnettle. :]
We will try to do more update posts as we complete more work on each patch.
[We] have been working on implementing a quest log.
Gawd, I hope that's true moving forward. One of the most severe issues with the team was poor communication.

ralchemilla

Jul 21, 2020
was it really bad? i'm new to Kingdom of Deception? soo.. my first playthrough was at 0.10.8, i do know that Sierra Lee left causing Nomo having to find other people to fill in her shoes? (posts above):eek:

Back

Aug 3, 2017
was it really bad? i'm new to Kingdom of Deception? soo.. my first playthrough was at 0.10.8, i do know that Sierra Lee left causing Nomo having to find other people to fill in her shoes? (posts above):eek:
Simply put, yes. The KoD team would often go radio silent for months at a time which shakes the confidence of their patrons and other fans from continued support. Don't get me wrong, I want them to succeed, and hopefully this will be a turning point with them actually communicating with their supporters in meaningful ways.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edit: Part of a quote wasn't loading.

Last edited:

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
oh look another new character imagine keeping it up with the current ones :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Who? The blonde in the update picture is Vehlis the merchant. And yeah, they expanded the cast way too fast, but I don't see another new character mentioned in this update post.

Now they MIGHT have posted something else that I haven't seen about a new character, but I find that extremely unlikely based on their history of posting news updates.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes