What do you think about the development process of this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nirdaeel

Apr 30, 2017
i have raise taxes and Jessica already dance in the pub and already talk to her and say i have to buy her a new dress , so i have to wait another week ?
And for lockpiking , easy lvl , yes i can , but hard , no , i have to reload all saves because the lockpick dont move quickly
need to use shift to move faster when you start droping blocks, not before ,also noticed an increase on time to do it without breaking picklock and can try twice on time now.. (but saving in the middle may lose some precious seconds)

Reactions: Destriss

JapanFreak

Sep 15, 2019
error file "isballoonplaying" when trying to go to the west part at the market.

reedited: it appears after 2 minutes of gameplay, always. I cannot even open the saves or autosaves
ok clrearly a bug i have it too but is there a fix?

Destriss

Sep 3, 2017
need to use shift to move faster when you start droping blocks, not before ,also noticed an increase on time to do it without breaking picklock and can try twice on time now.. (but saving in the middle may lose some precious seconds)
shit work ??? aaaaa i try with that

homarkc

Nov 12, 2018
I've learned "iron will" but can't use it when fighting succubus. Is it a skill that MC can't use until the next update?

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
design issues aswell. an example being the lockpicking game, which will cause frustration.
although i don't share the sentiments of the reviewers. your movement speed is above that
of most RPGM games, and the maps on the small side. there also aren't many of them, so backtracking
through shouldn't be too tedius. you can also get a mount and some perks to drastrically increase speed
as for the H scenes. they are okay. most of them have no text or dialogue throughout.
they are all animated, and to an acceptable degree, but nothing outstanding. i think the standout one in my playthrough
was the sex scene with emma. the facial animations were fine, and the animation itself was fluid, with 3-5 different poses.
all of which were well done.
===============================================================

opening exposition scene and world backstory is a little poorly written, vague, and doesn't offer enough to really set the scene
for the world you are playing in.
from watching it, the only thing you learn is that there was a battle that wiped out most males of multiple fantasy races+humans(so i guess they exist)
and that there's an "evil queen" called the dragon queen, who likes to burn people, and is called "mad queen" for some reason.
not a whole lot to go off.

modern outfits and clothing for characters in a fantasy world is incredibly boring. understandable though, as
whatever program, or asset pack used for the models and scenes probably didn't contain a big variety

dialogue is good. for the most part, it doesn't feel awkward, robotic, irrational or poorly written.
characters respond and say things that you would expect them to say.

stolen assets from TES:IV oblivion(GUI element)s, 2b/androids from Nier franchise, probably others

game crashed during tutorial sequence due to balloons something when saving at elf village.

can speed up animations, as well as text during cutscenes by holding Enter/space. works in all of them.

first sidequest to find a necklace assumes you already know the map, and locations. asks you to find a necklace
near a waterfall, but fails to tell you even the direction of the waterfall, let alone what map it's on.
direction should always be given when it makes sense that you should know, or that an npc would want to tell you,
through dialogue, internal thoughts or whatever. either that, or quest markers to point the way.

character should be able to sprint for longer. both for gameplay, and logical reasons. stamina drains way too quickly.
edit: you can get a perk later to decrease stamina drain. but i'm still not a fan. i guess the maps are quite small though.

sprites don't represent what you're fighting. example is the "bat" sprite, being a dire bear in the waterfall cave, which
gives poor indication of the threat you are dealing with. again, another limitation due to available assets. this time, using vanilla
RPGM ones.

Unable to attempt to flee from any battles i feel this should always be an option when it's not essential to the plot that you finish that fight. even if chances of success are slim

hard locks require you to bug all tumblers to the top and hold sprint to succeed, which is too awkward for those with less coordination, patience, or lag.
if there's a skill that makes this easier to achieve, then that's fine. otherwise it's needlessly frustrating for anyone who isn't able to perform
the challenge. i personally only broke 1 lock, and had little issues. but thought it needed mentioning

exploration offers some rewards, such as finding key items necessary in quests for example.

quest "raid on the village" in quest log way before it happens

uses obtuse Adventuregame elements that should have been introduced in the tutorial before being expected in game.
like time of day and Quest completion based NPC, or event availability. The example i'll give is the first i encountered, being
the nymph who returns the ladies necklace "near the waterfall". without knowing that some NPCs may appear after a certain point, it'd be unreasonable to expect
a player to check the wilderness which seemingly has no purpose whatsoever, beyond a near impossible early game fight with a basilisk, for example.
most games don't have these mechanics, so when your game does, especially when it plays an integral part, it needs to be explained and shown.

H scenes could use some dialogue during to really add to the scenes. and the little dialogue there could
probably be a bit more interesting, and a bit more tailored for each encounter. the animations in alot of scenes are quite basic, but doesn't feel awkward or
take you out of the experience.

not a fan of vanilla RPGM linear class leveling. i don't mind the interesting adventure game style stats thing you got going though, where discovering different things, or
performing certain events nets you stats. and the Hack'n'slash style skill tree thing is something i also don't like, but i know others do. same could be said for the battle system, which as of present, offers no abilities to break up monotony. i'm also not a huge fan of
vanilla RPGM combat in general.

2b H scene runs perfectly smooth. all others cause fps to tank and PC to fry.

iron will seems both impossible to activate during combat, and doesn't offer a passive buff against the succubus's charms. my chars defence is high enough he can't even damage himself, and with the charm from the church, he can't die either
I held down enter and let the battle play out for about 2 minutes just to confirm. and i was charmed the whole time. bad luck? maybe. but i doubt it.

Adda repeats "hi henry, could you help me with neclace?". i'm not sure if this is supposed to be a quest or something else. but it's confusing
on that note. there's also NPC's whose dialogue doesn't update to properly reflect the current state of affairs(can't remember which), and also
the bounty board doesn't update either(your char still mentions that gorluk or w/e his name is should be killed, even post-gorluck dead).

Quest items aren't removed on quest completion. example being the healing potions you make at the church.

I like the fact that in some quests and events they offer you a dichotomy or sometimes more options which affect the outcome of that event, and also affect involved characters, and the availability of other content
only thing i'd really like to see is some flavour options aswell, so i feel more like i'm playing a character, rather than watching a cutscene, or prompting an npc/trigger.

fair amount of NPC's are non-interactible. don't know if that's objectively a negative. but it's something i personally don't really like

alrighty. finally going to stop my playthrough here.
gametime 4 hrs, 20 minutes
level 7
+++++++++
incomplete quests and content
+++++++++
haven't given sarah the wine for the future of our "relationship"
-------
haven't gotten either emily or jessica to "respect" me
quest takes Multiple weeks. If i decide to play this in the future, then i'll wait until theres more content to justify me spending
weeks in-game. I don't like to pointlessly skip large amounts of in-game time.
-------
saved valeria, but haven't interacted with her in "deep sleep", as the guide says. i'm assuming i need to find the valerian root or w/e, to make the sleeping potion.
or i need to visit her at night. but i couldn't really be bothered
-------
haven't done the Neutral, or help the orc chieftain roots during the attack. again, theres not enough here so far to motivate me to do so. i'll probably end up doing the orc
route as my main playthrough after this has way more content, and if i decide to continue playing.
-------
haven't killed succubus

noblone

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2021
Hi guys, thanks a lot for the feedback especially SunlessXre. I really appreciate it and I take it into account. The upcoming patch will focus on gameplay(e.g. increased max stamina), minor changes to dialogs, and fixing bugs. (Released in a few days).

Info about developing:
I know this game is hardcore, and it's painful with bugs, but I'm really excited about it I don't want to develop a boring game where you just skip over all the content. A lot of things in the game are sloppy, and I know it (everything of poor quality will be remade over time) but it's my first game, and I wanted to develop a playable game as soon as possible and see if it's worth it and people will play it. Most of the basics in the game are already developed, a lot of people support me, so the development of the game should accelerate. I would like to release updates as soon as possible, but at the same time I want them to be worth downloading and without bugs, so each patch update will be released irregularly.

Patch Info 0.6.0
A lot of new stuff is being worked on, and as I said I can't promise version 0.6.0 released in 30 days. It may be on time, but who knows. The only thing I'll tell you is that there will be a map available and some magic.
(Supporters will be able to vote for bonus content this week)

By the way, many thanks to Nirdaeel for advising and helping others here on the forum. (y)

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
All good. I've been watching this game for a while. and I won't lie, i actually thought it was dead since the last time i played, up until about a couple weeks ago.

I do like some of the things you are doing here. i like how doing certain events, exploring and talking to different NPCs or completing specific quests can put you in a situation where you are able to do other events, access different areas/content, or complete other quests. and I like the choices in some quests, which really enhances a game. nothing sucks more than doing a quest and thinking, Why'd my character do that? he should have done this instead! you suck MC!
another really commendable thing i love in RPGs, is when the gameplay and leveling is integrated with the content. examples being unlocking the alchemy and herblore skill/trait? which allows you to cure the elf in the fortress. or increasing your int which i'm assuming in the future will allow you to access that old mages tower. and it's stuff like this I love to see.

but as i said in the above. the player must be taught to expect something before he can understand, and enjoy it.
I remember my first playthrough earlier this year I didn't know the nymph even existed, and never found the necklace for example. I was playing the game wrong, and didn't think to check the swamp at night,because i didn't understand what it was asking of me, and no reason to go there. maybe adding examples within the tutorial section and put up a message explaining the mechanic, and allowing a player to get hands on with it so they fully understand what should be expected.

I also understand the games in really early development, and you are working on it alone as a first time developer. but yeah, i'll definitely be following this one.

as for the bugs. i didn't experience that many. quests all seemed to work as intended. it was mainly overlooked stuff, like things not updating when they should, and some things being there that hadn't been unlocked yet. only exception was the balloon bug while saving from memory.
and of course the infamous iron will, which i'm guessing just isn't implemented yet. which did surprise me lol. for a placeholder, you could just add a state via a common event if you have the iron will skill that gives you state resist to charm, or make it an active skill for now. i would do it myself, but i've basically finished the content lol.

• Red Heart
Reactions: noblone

Bazz

Sep 9, 2017
I got soft lock. First I got sis pants, then in the morning I went to training (quest end at night), I don't bring firewood and food for stepmom, I can't sleep anywhere, I can't meditate at night. Add some place to sleep on the street with heath damage.

Last edited:

Nirdaeel

Apr 30, 2017
I got soft lock. First I got sis pants, then in the morning I went to training (quest end at night), I don't bring firewood and food for stepmom, I can't sleep anywhere, I can't meditate at night. Add some place to sleep on the street with heath damage.
there are two places to sleep outside home, one at granary, where due lack of comodity get a penalty on stamina, yes less stamina lol, who wants that.. and another at city , you need at least a log to lit a fire on southwestern corner , after lit a sleep icon will appear.

about getting food and firewood, may steal them, earn them or buy at store and tavern

may get 2 free sausages daily at tavern if when ask about your answer was not very good
may cut trees for firewood at market if have an axe (either bought or taken from a box to picklock at the farm) 5 pieces for a time chunk at morning or afternoon only

Reactions: SunlessXre

Bazz

Sep 9, 2017
about getting food and firewood, may steal them, earn them or buy at store and tavern
I didn't give it to stepmom, In the morning I went to grandpa immediately, and end quest locked me on the night.
another at city - don't opened it yet.
one at granary -where we have first HJ with tavern keeper? didn't work =(

Nirdaeel

Apr 30, 2017
one at granary -where we have first HJ with tavern keeper? didn't work =(
yeah there is, on prior version place was not shown if girl was there but on current one it is even if she is there or not

if it already evening for you can still give stepmom what she ask for since still have those three eggs, and can steal 2 apples from boxes at market one from each, and 1 log there and another 2 at house aside yours, yes those logpiles.. wander if sometime can be caught stealing and put on pillory at town square

Nirdaeel

Apr 30, 2017
Hey does anyone know how to lock pick the house on the right thats all broken down?
thats one of the few hard lock picks, since there are 4 blocks to make drop, need to use shift to move faster on last moves, first need to move all blocks up to stay there (there are three positions up for the ball (tip of lockpick) dont move it to last one until you need blocks to start droping, all move at different speed so need to hit them in order to reach fourth before any of other reach bottom.

naming them from left to right A B C and D, correct order to drop is to start on B , then C , D and last one A block, start using shift when B block start droping.

good luck, i'm sure you will get it, maybe not on first try.. dont despair

beaglescout

Apr 4, 2020
can time be advanced now on day 2 after you catch the thief in the house so you can go to sleep and progress on to day 3? if not, i'll hold off on downloading this again.

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes