HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
i meant it is strange to have several "love" routes with different characters at the same time, it is more evil choice than several corruption routes in my opinion
Ah that's what you mean. I actually have a lot of these girls meet each other and they basically allow it or take some convincing. Asuna and Maya meeting in Maya's Lovers Route this update is something that happens a lot through out the game.

Numerous girls also have entire storylines where they try to get over their jealousy. This later evolves into the girls dating other girl in the Hero's Harem (With his permission). It's all intertwined as to make your Choices seem more unique for the playthrough.

But yeah you won't be punished for dating multiple girls or starting multiple Lovers Routes. The only thing is that certain NPC's allow you to meet other NPC's.
Athena's Corruption Route also allows you to meet Betty in Ellinia. She's unique to that Route.

Periah250

Feb 6, 2022
oh so my game isnt bugged then. that's good to know.

Can i have some tips for the hero's loyal follower? really early quest line where i need to obtain 25 apples. I'm currently in lith and it still hasnt appeared.

i think pig drop rates are way too low. ive spent a solid hour doing nothing but killing pigs and stuck at 11/12 leather.

Last edited:
Reactions: HaseoOfDeath

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
oh so my game isnt bugged then. that's good to know.

Can i have some tips for the hero's loyal follower? really early quest line where i need to obtain 25 apples. I'm currently in lith and it still hasnt appeared.

i think pig drop rates are way too low. ive spent a solid hour doing nothing but killing pigs and stuck at 11/12 leather.
That one is for Ming. You find her in Heneys and is going to be the first NPC you meet in town through scrolling.

And for Pigs, the game is RNG. Some players will get all 12 in like 5 mintues, others way more lol. Best thing I would recommend is kill whatever Wanderers are around since they have the chance of dropping EXP, Meso, and Drop Rate Cheat Items. They show up randomly but the rewards are worth it especially the Drop Rate one.

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
I have to question the game balance in this game to be honest I mean, I died several times in the "tutorial" with the game mocking me they made it so easy that it's impossible to die.

I mean to make some examples in the first few areas you have to stay alive for at least 2 min in each area. There is no way to get healing items outside of being lucky and get them from a kill. Positioning is key since if you stay in some areas you'll get overwhelmed and killed in a few seconds, especially if you position your screen so you have maybe 3-4 spawn areas at the same time. If your lucky/unlucky elites will spawn and some of them will hit for about 100 dmg easily killing you within 2-3 seconds if you don't notice them. To leave an area you have to first stay alive and then you have to stop attacking for several seconds while the enemies are free to attack you, the upside is once you survive long enough you can then re-enter after death and move on. Once the enemies guards, only the stump does this early on, they become invincible. Your also stuck to only attacking by clicking on one enemy at a time while every enemy on the screen can start attacking you and move, which can mean a target you didn't attack comes in and body blocks the target your attacking making you aggro that one aswell meaning you killed no one but now at least two enemies are attacking you.

I could go on but the game so far seems to be a pretty hardcore click on the screen mash em up-

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I have to question the game balance in this game to be honest I mean, I died several times in the "tutorial" with the game mocking me they made it so easy that it's impossible to die.

I mean to make some examples in the first few areas you have to stay alive for at least 2 min in each area. There is no way to get healing items outside of being lucky and get them from a kill. Positioning is key since if you stay in some areas you'll get overwhelmed and killed in a few seconds, especially if you position your screen so you have maybe 3-4 spawn areas at the same time. If your lucky/unlucky elites will spawn and some of them will hit for about 100 dmg easily killing you within 2-3 seconds if you don't notice them. To leave an area you have to first stay alive and then you have to stop attacking for several seconds while the enemies are free to attack you, the upside is once you survive long enough you can then re-enter after death and move on. Once the enemies guards, only the stump does this early on, they become invincible. Your also stuck to only attacking by clicking on one enemy at a time while every enemy on the screen can start attacking you and move, which can mean a target you didn't attack comes in and body blocks the target your attacking making you aggro that one aswell meaning you killed no one but now at least two enemies are attacking you.

I could go on but the game so far seems to be a pretty hardcore click on the screen mash em up-
I think I have a way to ease players into the first few areas before anything happens. I'll add this for the following update and see if it helps. The good thing is once you arrive at Amherst and start doing Quests/Missions, you get way more chances to survive since you're getting a good amount of rewards, exp, Meso, etc.

But thank you, I'll work on it

Periah250

Feb 6, 2022
i got the leather guess the game truly hated. but now i have a different question. are sheep supposed to be this ridiculously overpowered? i have a quest for sheep and if i enter the sheep area even if i spam my potion quick slot i literally cant heal fast enough as the sheep melt my hp. the sheep need nerfed hella hard.

Last edited:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
ixcez
that is why u have frogs. they will help u levelup to 2-3, so u get a bit more HP and STR stats.
u can increase EXP gain in settings, that means, u only need to kill a few to levelup.
I have done the first area many times during the years and the only problem I noticed was if I where level 1 that could be a bit of a challenge. but once level 2, I never died. that is why I added frogs.
the "time" needed in each maps is changed, next update it will be lowered so u dont need to be that long.
also, I hope u equip your weapon and clothes to give u more attack and defense.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
those areas where never supposed to be used early on. the problem is that Haseo, at that time, didnt understand fully the game. to fix this we added potions that will pacify monsters so u could enter those area for the story. what u need to do is avoid those until u have those potions. never enter a map if you are not strong enough. we added "taxi" if u need to get past that area. use that.

Periah250

Feb 6, 2022
those areas where never supposed to be used early on. the problem is that Haseo, at that time, didnt understand fully the game. to fix this we added potions that will pacify monsters so u could enter those area for the story. what u need to do is avoid those until u have those potions. never enter a map if you are not strong enough. we added "taxi" if u need to get past that area. use that.
fixing that should probably be looked into, its frustrating, ill buy like 100 of those potions and use that. but i meant i cant become an archer without the sheep. but yea pacification seems like the way to go then, thank you.

im not just crapping on the game i love the story and mechanics and from glancing at the map the game looks down right massive. h scenes are delightful and the humor has made me laugh on several accounts. i also like the unique artstyle!

but the gameplay seems shakey in some areas, like areas where all the enemies instantly tag team you. greatly annoying! loving the the game all things considered.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah. theres nothing we can do about it.
the game should be played with an "open-world" mode, so that u can go anywhere, but Haseo decided to make it area by area, so u are stuck in henesys until u can enter the next area. I think Henesys is the worse area in that aspect, more area that open up better it get. sheep are terrifying until they are not. so its all about your character level and power.
but if u avoid those area and levelup from area u can own, eventually u can enter those area and kill everything. the same is the golem area and boss area. u are supposed to be level50+
so, do side-quests (u have that guy in henesys that gives u missions to do) he will help u levelup.

but, another thing is that in Henesys u learn (that hard way) that the player is not invincible, he can die and easy. it will give the player the feeling, damn, theres tough monsters and its scary. even if frustrating its also challenging. the problem is if we added "quests" that u need to do and require u to enter those areas. but at least u have the potion so u can do them and leave.

Periah250

Feb 6, 2022
ok i just brute forced it by downing white potions like a made man and pacification potions. died like 20 times but i got my sheep mission done. hopefully i never have to do something like that again. can we not petition haseo to change henesys up alittle to not be the worst part of the game?

also to the mission guy thats awesome until he gives you a mission you cant do like fight sheep XD

Periah250

Feb 6, 2022
also i was surprised mai wasnt a sugar baby, one of them at least she seems to be somewhat of the face of kings fall

botaniq_1

Mar 28, 2020
ok i just brute forced it by downing white potions like a made man and pacification potions. died like 20 times but i got my sheep mission done. hopefully i never have to do something like that again. can we not petition haseo to change henesys up alittle to not be the worst part of the game?

also to the mission guy thats awesome until he gives you a mission you cant do like fight sheep XD
do you talk about white sheep or the black ones?)

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
in kings fall u dont have jobs. this because Haseo decided to create a new job.
so what we have is instead a new-job, darkness route that is not really any of the 5 jobs.
to "fix this", later we offer job-books, so u can at least use any of the 5 jobs equipment, and later on the 2nd skill that grants u stats. in a sense its kind of a dual-job system darkness+any of the 5. in season 2, there will be skills where u can use the weapon of the job as well.
so, the darkness build is both good and bad. the good is that its unique, u dont find it in maplestory. the bad is that its not compatible with the 5 jobs.
so, yeah, in a sense its just STR+INT (darkness route) but in 3rd tier we will have job-attack-skills, it could change.
but we have ability-points reset so theres no problem if u want to change later on.
the stats build should be: STR=as high the weapon require INT=everything else.
but at the beginning of the game u can focus on STR only until u get your first darkness-attack-skill. do not put points in the first skill u get, its useless until u have use canes/cannons.

Last edited:

Periah250

Feb 6, 2022
wait so whats the protocol here? i got a great bow out of the gacha but i couldnt use it and sold it for tons of cash. but from what i hear dex and luk are useless and jobs dont work? so i cant be an archer or a thief?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
in season 1:
- u can choose a job-book, that will allow u to equip that job equipment/weapons
- tier 2 will give u another skill that is based on the first job u took, this will increase stats to work with that "job" equip/weapons

and thats it. so, if theres nothing more, the best job is mage, since it gives u +INT that u can benefit from. but warrior can also be good, since it gives u +STR (u can reset and remove all STR points, since u get it now from the skill) and +DEX that gives u melee-accuracy (that is good when u are not using magic attack-skills)

in season 2:
- tier 3, will now give u a job-attack-skill. that will be based on job-stats (+) bonus darkness.
that means, even if you play thief and your INT is "lower" compared to a mage (since they get +INT from skills) it will even out by the skill formula as it will take account to that. (in the end, LUK 180 + 20 INT should be as powerful as LUK 20 + 180 INT)
I will try to make it as balanced as possible. so it will not handicap u choosing a non-mage job.
but for season 1 its like that.

also, a job that is "harder" to play, will of course give u a reward later in the game.
so in tier 4 (last skills) should boost those job in favor as well. I mean, why struggle up to level 100+ with a job that is weaker if at tier 3/4 it will not give u any good skills?

Periah250

Feb 6, 2022
so are job books and tiers for later? im current returned from domain and i still only have the warrior thing that decreases my strength which seems like nothing but a negative. still have no job or whatever.

3.50 star(s) 30 Votes