2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Ok I don't mean to nitpick but this can't be right can it?
King'snewlife.jpg
If it is then its a minimalist apartment at best and to be brutally honest i'm not sure well kept let alone lived in is a word I'd use.
Infact I'd be tempted to go as far as to say it looks awfully like the place they tortured him in not that much earlier.

Last edited:

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
it is the same after the Shrink askes if you forgave John and you choose no.
after the revail after that kidnapping of the MC and he gets the beating of the "She-Hulk" and the revail that the sisters are his aunts he says that he forgave John but in truth in my playthrou i choose to not forgive him.

so choices are there to make a difference,and if you choose to give the player a choice then it should matter,if not remove them and make your game a kinetic novel.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ajghz and BTLD

Gman4672

Aug 6, 2018
I think that my renders are above average, not top-tier, but not bad. You can see a lot of games with grainy renders or something critically wrong with them. I'm proud of the post-rendering work I do (denoising, Photoshop, Lumion...). I simply can't step over my on work, and that's why this comment might sound little unpleasant, but here we are.
From the changelog
• Started working with .webp which makes the game a lot smaller. Also makes the images look like crap compared to v0.4. They are more washed out and look out of focus in v0.5
screenshot from v0.5.png screenshot from v0.4.png screenshot from v0.5.png screenshot from v0.4.png

QaliberDK

Dec 19, 2020
Reactions: KingoftheJungle009

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
I am itching for the mod to be updated to play it............. I only wish that Walkthroughs would be optioned by the dev's so we wouldn't have to depend on third party modifications all the time.

Obviously, optional and turned off by default. Yeah, I know, I'm a dreamer... ah well, back to waiting... :rolleyes:

Peace :sick:
I'll create some kind of a WT mod if you guys want it, but the walkthrough will be what I would choose.

Reactions: D Dog

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
KingoftheJungle009 No offence but I'm not that far into the newer content you added since the last time I played and already this one jumped out at me.
In one of my playthrough's The MC wakes up next to his little sister and puts on a white hoody to go for a morning run (no Issue sofar) when he reaches a small park square.
He mentions that he is aware that a woman has been watching him all night and is now following him to the park (again no Issue).
I in my game I decided to picked NO to calling her out.
Which aparently means You still call out but its not to let her know you know she's there and you want to talk.
But just to warn her that you know she's there so she is forced to retreat without you meeting her (no Issue either).
The Issue comes Later my MC go's to meet Angela, Rachel and Mia And he tells Mia "This morning I went for a run, and there was this girl following me". (all good sofar however) "After I confronted her" (Issue is here MC warned her off not the same thing as confronting)"she was all mysterious." (Issue here also How is she all mysterious my MC warned her off they never actually met?.)
Now had I said YES and my MC had called her out.
My MC would of actually met her and then "After I confronted her she was all mysterious." would of actually made sense.

You need to watch out when giving Branching choices that the later scene totally match's the choice.
Or just don't give the choice to start with.

This is not a complaint just an observation and comletely meant as friendly advice.
You are more than welcome to take it or leave it.

Hope this helps.
You're absolutely right, and I'll fix that and one other branching problem I had in the past. I'll change the choice to something like Call her out of the shadows or just warn her.

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
Ok I don't mean to nitpick but this can't be right can it?
View attachment 2114046
If it is then its a minimalist apartment at best and to be brutally honest i'm not sure well kept let alone lived in is a word I'd use.
Infact I'd be tempted to go as far as to say it looks awfully like the place they tortured him in not that much earlier.
This is an error because the image that needs to show with that text is from Britney's place.

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
From the changelog
• Started working with .webp which makes the game a lot smaller. Also makes the images look like crap compared to v0.4. They are more washed out and look out of focus in v0.5
View attachment 2114214 View attachment 2114212 View attachment 2114214 View attachment 2114212
Definitely a noticeable loss in quality. Went from looking fairly smooth to sorta low-res.
If anyone knows how to keep the quality of the renders and not get their quality lower, I'm willing to listen. The only renders I worked with are the ones from v0.5. Previous ones are taken from a compressed version done by somebody else, because of the fiasco that happened in v0.4.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I'll create some kind of a WT mod if you guys want it, but the walkthrough will be what I would choose.
Hmmm... since you are probably the person that knows the choices and their consequences better than anyone else, why would that be a problem, unless that means you would force this or that type of content that would be otherwise optional...

I have no problems with a type of "Director's cut" kind of WT. I would follow it at least to learn what are your intentions while writing.

Remember, this isn't a demand on my part, just a pipe dream, that all VN's should have, if not a WT, at least a variables description, so we can judge better what the choice means not only on that moment, but on the future. Since it could be turned off/on at will, it could be a tool for when the choice is too cryptic or confusing, even if the confusion is caused by the player's assumptions.

Being integrated in the Preferences/Options, could make this a very useful tool to increase the replayability of the VN, therefore it's longevity.

So, if you feel that that is something you can do, without causing undue stress or problems, I for one, am totally for it.

Thanks.

Peace :)

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Is it ok to use what is now an outdated walktrhough mod on the new version?
I don't think it's a good option if you intend to go beyond the content covered by the WT mod, depending on how they are made, either don't allow for the new content, or, it causes errors that make the game unplayable. If you only want to go as far as the WT covers, I think you'll be alright. But, it all depends on how the mod is coded... Can't help you there tho...

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Game is coming along nicely. (y)
It has been mentioned before but just a heads up for the Dev.
If you own the game thread and the game overview mentions family fun times or incest, Patreon will come after you eventually, (usually after someone reports you).
Best solutions to this are to change wording on overview and make it seem like Ipatch was made by third party, or change ownership of thread, so you can claim it's 3rd party responsible. Just FYI, best of luck. ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: KingoftheJungle009

CRAZY X WIZARD

Grand Wizard
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Jun 13, 2022
King's New Life [v0.5] [KingoftheJungle] Compressed

Original Size: 541 GB

[80% Quality] Compressed Size 360 MB

Download*
Win/Linux: - -

[70% Quality] Compressed Size 329 MB
Download*
Win/Linux: - -

*The Compression is "Not-Tested" so it may have problems or break the game, be aware of that.

Like my posts, if you like my Compressions ;)

Jun 1, 2020
King's New Life [v0.5] [KingoftheJungle] Compressed

Original Size: 541 GB

[80% Quality] Compressed Size 360 MB

Download*
Win/Linux: - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN

[70% Quality] Compressed Size 329 MB
Download*
Win/Linux: - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN

*The Compression is "Not-Tested" so it may have problems or break the game, be aware of that.

Like my posts, if you like my Compressions ;)
I have never seen such a big file before :unsure:

1666370705856.png

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes