2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
I will create a WT mod until v0.5, and post it. These are my choices, the ones that I would make, but if you want you can choose differently. I will explain how choices work so people don't get too confused about them because I do them a little bit differently.

Capt OA

Apr 29, 2018
If I'm not wrong, there should be some command in the console. Or you can change the line of code in screens.rpy where it says for the what window "size = 24" (it should be line 113 of the screens.rpy file)
I think it was version v0.2 when I got some backlash about letters being too big; I know that there was at least one version between the current one and the change I made by decreasing the size of the font, and nobody complained.
I know someone might suggest adding a slider for this type of stuff, but after adding a slider for transparency of the text box I got some comments about the game not working, and until I'm completely sure how to implement some stuff, I won't play with any of this.
this worked, thanks,
now, what about the menu items? they are still very small, any way to change them too?
thanks in advance

Reactions: KingoftheJungle009

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
I'd recommend going over the code that already exists in the game before moving onto a WT mod. It's a mess, between navigating the two galleries, clicking on a character doesn't guarantee the info will pop up or that any of the characters will even appear on screen to choose from. The next, previous, back options are broke more often than not. During the playthrough, random out of place, out of sequence images appear, sometimes no images at all appear. I mean, I got through it but it really is as if this was pushed out the door w/o a single test play-through.

Overall, I enjoy the game and the story but I feel like these issues will just pile up over time if not addressed. I personally believe it'd be worth your time to clean it up as it is a fun story and a good time.

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
I'd recommend going over the code that already exists in the game before moving onto a WT mod. It's a mess, between navigating the two galleries, clicking on a character doesn't guarantee the info will pop up or that any of the characters will even appear on screen to choose from. The next, previous, back options are broke more often than not. During the playthrough, random out of place, out of sequence images appear, sometimes no images at all appear. I mean, I got through it but it really is as if this was pushed out the door w/o a single test play-through.

Overall, I enjoy the game and the story but I feel like these issues will just pile up over time if not addressed. I personally believe it'd be worth your time to clean it up as it is a fun story and a good time.
You make a really good point, it reminds me of how some patrons message me with the stuff they think I should or shouldn't do. One of the plans for the near future is to build a place where people can leave issues they encountered and I'll do my best to fix them if possible. This will allow me to work on the issues that I as a developer of the game wouldn't even notice.
WT is so easy to do, so it's not a hassle. But I agree with you and I'll work on it.
P. S. Thank you for enjoying the game and the story of MC and the girls.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
OK, …Anyone else noticing higher memory and GPU numbers, while playing this Renpy project? Normally any of the other Renpy games run at such smaller numbers, compared to this one. I find it odd, that the better number games are using higher quality resolution frames, with much lower numbers...compared to this game. Odd.

King's............ Mem (17530) GPU (100%-97%)
Det Necro....... Mem (343.3) GPU ( 1.7%-1.8%)

Could anyone else please check your numbers while playing this renpy title, ( ctrl Alt Del keys ) to see the mem and GPU numbers (Task Manager)? I'm just wondering why this is happening.
Thanks in advance.

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
OK, …Anyone else noticing higher memory and GPU numbers, while playing this Renpy project? Normally any of the other Renpy games run at such smaller numbers, compared to this one. I find it odd, that the better number games are using higher quality resolution frames, with much lower numbers...compared to this game. Odd.

Could anyone else please check your numbers while playing this renpy title, ( ctrl Alt Del keys ) to see the mem and GPU numbers (Task Manager)? I'm just wondering why this is happening.
Thanks in advance.
I noticed the same thing. I think it is the animations.

Reactions: MrBenny

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021

Thanks in advance.
I noticed the same thing. I think it is the animations.
I think I agree with you, and I know the fix. As I wrote you in the message, I'll try this quick fix after taking a look at the whole game. I'll post fix with the walkthrough together.

Reactions: MrBenny and Ramagar

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
As far as I can gather, there is a certain memory leakage that needs to be solved, by the developer (me). I would like to leave that for tomorrow, because it's almost 1 AM right now, and I would like to go to bed "early". I have some theories about what the issue is and I don't think it will cause the issue anymore after I fix this.

QaliberDK

Dec 19, 2020
The writing isn't great and would really benefit from a proofreader. Might not be an option just yet, though, so that's fine for now. I do enjoy this VN so far, to be clear. One thing that kinda bothers (or atleast, confuses) me, is this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: VeniXYZ

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
The opacity slider made my life a living hell when I created the v0.4 version. I didn't want to delay the update even more so I left it for later.
Is this just for the android version because it isn't working in the Win version I am running? It's unfortunate that the renders in the newer updates, which are quite nice, are being badly obscured.

Reactions: KingoftheJungle009

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
As far as I can gather, there is a certain memory leakage that needs to be solved, by the developer (me). I would like to leave that for tomorrow, because it's almost 1 AM right now, and I would like to go to bed "early". I have some theories about what the issue is and I don't think it will cause the issue anymore after I fix this.
animations are gonna lag on any device that isn't powerful because you're not hiding the animations after you start the next one in the sequence.

The four statements that work with images/animations are:

• image - defines a new image.
  • show - shows an image on a layer.
  • scene - clears a layer, and optionally shows an image on that layer.
  • hide - removes an image from a layer.
Basically, you're effectively making your entire sex scene a single layer when you use 'show', so every new animation is just piling onto the previous one instead of replacing the currently playing animation, making both the previous animation(s) and current use system resources all at once.

This is how you do it so that you don't have a bunch of animations running in the background during sex scenes.
show animation 1 with dissolve
show animation 2 with dissolve
hide animation 1
etc.

Alternatively, the best solution is just to replace 'show' with 'scene' which ends the previous animation before starting the new one automatically.
Here's the way to fix it. I've looked through your code and confirmed that your issue is the above, but in your case, it's not just the animations. You're doing it for all the images too without any 'scene' in your script to clear the layer, so you're stacking every image in the game in the background on top of the animations as well. Even great PCs will lag due to that.

Last edited:

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
I think I can fix that too, with WT mod
how about you first listen to the users here giving you hints about the choices you give us in the game that leads to dialogues for choices that the player didn´t made before you make a walkthrou mod????

with how it is now it seems that you give the player meaningless choices and that your game is in reality a kinetic novel.
if so just remove the choices and make your game offical an kinetic novel.

there are at least 3 or 4 points in the game given to you now where your given choices leads to a different point where it should be.

Last edited:
Reactions: FatGiant

Tmacswizzy

Feb 6, 2022
Idk if you are the one who makes the android version as well or if someone else does it, but when you pull up outside your fathers company the game just crashes, I've tried reloading the save and the game then just crashes upon load. I've played thru from the beginning again and it still crashes at the same point

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
Here's the way to fix it. I've looked through your code and confirmed that your issue is the above, but in your case, it's not just the animations. You're doing it for all the images too without any 'scene' in your script to clear the layer, so you're stacking every image in the game in the background on top of the animations as well. Even great PCs will lag due to that.
I found an article that says the same thing, watched some youtube videos regarding what you wrote. I'll fix that and post the fix after it's done. Thank you so much.

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
Idk if you are the one who makes the android version as well or if someone else does it, but when you pull up outside your fathers company the game just crashes, I've tried reloading the save and the game then just crashes upon load. I've played thru from the beginning again and it still crashes at the same point
I'll create a separate version from android that won't have does sequences and that should fix the issue, and that will fix the issue.

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes