2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I'll replace that scene. But as I said on Discord, this isn't the only game where LI or even a girl who isn't LI implicates lesbian sex with another girl, and there was no backlash, that's why I thought it won't cause problems, but it seems like I was wrong. The scene will be replaced and that's that. I just don't understand why I'm the only one getting backlash.
Lesbian usually doesnt generate so much backlash, but i do think the aunt coming out of having fun with Britney with a strapon was a big too much for my taste

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
I'll replace that scene. But as I said on Discord, this isn't the only game where LI or even a girl who isn't LI implicates lesbian sex with another girl, and there was no backlash, that's why I thought it won't cause problems, but it seems like I was wrong. The scene will be replaced and that's that. I just don't understand why I'm the only one getting backlash.
Mate, you aren't the first and probably won't be the last to get backlash over this kind of thing. I'm not totally against lesbian scenes but it has to be done the right way. At the very least, the MC should know about it beforehand. If a LI fucks someone else without the MC's knowledge/permission then that's 100% NTR in my book, i don't care if it's a man or woman she fucked.

Jan 7, 2019
I believe the reason is because the plot has been done so much people are sick of it and the fact if its a female it's hot bs as for others not getting the backlash is because they don't use it as plot mover to add other females to a harem that the Mc is already getting.

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Hi Dev,

While playing v0.5 received this missing bar5 image error, but I fixed it for myself for my OCD'ing scene completion personality. :)

error.jpg

1. Fixed it by copying your King'snewlife-0.5-win\game\images\v0.5\WEBP\imgs\Bar\4.webp

2. Renamed the copy of your 4.webp to King'snewlife-0.5-win\game\images\v0.5\WEBP\imgs\Bar\bar5.webp

3. Then I restarted from a game save, and the scene continued correctly without the missing bar5 grey image error.

-

UPDATED PLAY:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good luck with your game.

Last edited:

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
I said I'll fix that. It is a mistake on my part, and I'm going to own it. But I also need some time for that. Okay?
Just use notepad's Replace feature, swap show for scene. You'll likely have to find places where you had show in the dialogue and change them back afterward, but it'll be way less time-consuming to fix.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
His and Rachel's relationship is such that if he needs to know something, she will tell him. The deletion of files was a sign of respect and love. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.
The data was so important to Rachel that she had to marry MC's father. I say those data were very important. He should have kept those data and keep it safe with him. That's what a King would do.
Let's see it this way.

You dropped a girl to her home. She kissed you and said that she felt a connection with you. Minutes after that she got DPed by her brothers. How would you feel after that?

Just because in your story there are 'pussies' instead of 'dicks' doesn't make it hot. On the top of that you added a strap on. What's worse is I can't even avoid her. She's forced on us.

Believe me, you don't need these bitches to plant seed of incest relationships in MC's family. Both mother and sister are already smitten by MC.

Lesbians are good during threesomes with MC involved.

Girls within Harem may have sex with each other but i don't want to see them going at it and unless necessary for the story I don't want to know about it.

I don't like the idea of a potential LI passed around before doing things with MC.

Most men don't get turned on by strap on lesbian sex. It's actually a turn off for me.

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
Thanks for the explanation. I usually don't hear my pc's vid card fans while playing Renpy stories, but with this one it's really noticeable.
I plan to do this and I'll have someone else besides me check if the memory is getting leaked or not.
yes it is from KNL only.
so except from the little high GPU usage there everything is normal and i have a lot of stuff running in the background.
Even though I'm happy with your results, I'll still fix the issue. Thank you.

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
Okay, so I don't answer all the comments about the scene regarding THE scene. I don't want to overwhelm my own page with responses to each and every one of them.
I won't take 7-10 days off after this update, as I plan to do after every update but will spend as much of this time needed to fix all of the things, except proofreading ( I feel like this will take more time, and it will be done slowly so there are no more mistakes.), but that will also be done in time, don't cry.
After the scene is replaced, and NTR is removed, I request that reviews that are giving me a low rating because of the NTR are removed or changed, because if I can take all of my free time and postpone my fucking graduation even more because all of the other stuff in my life, that heavily include this game, and sacrifice all of that, so you can enjoy the game, you, at least, don't have any right to stomp on my bread and butter.
The grade of my game dropped from 3.6 to 2.9 stars and I believe that now nobody will want to play it. Okay, that's your right, but I think I have the right to ask myself "Is all of this worth it? Was creating 20+ animations, doing your best, and not sleeping a lot of nights for this update worth it?" And the most ironic thing is that it wasn't this update that killed my game, it was the previous one.
I heard a lot of times, "Don't overwork yourself... If you continue like this you will burn out..." and all of this came from people who care about the game and are even paying me money to create it (Yes, I'm making the difference between people from Patreon and people here, all the devs are.). And now I have to say to them, "Sorry guys, I have to do a lot more, and spend God knows how many sleepless nights because I don't want my game and all the work I put into this to die.
You don't know how much it hurts to see the game that you put so much work and yourself into having such a bad rating, and all of the bad comments saying the same thing. Trust me, I understood from the first two, I am not stupid.
All in all, I'll immediately start fixing the issues in the game, and will update the game as soon as it's done.
But I would like to make myself clear, I lived my life by the principle of " If someone throws a stone at you, throw a loaf of bread to him.", but if I'm sacrificing my health and doing everything I can to make this game enjoyable for everyone, and I don't get the same respect back, I'll just go and look for a bigger rock.

Yours truly King of the Jungle

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
OK the Dev notes say there will be no NTR, but the Genre notes list ntr which is correct????

J'Daremo

Jul 2, 2020
Keep up the great work, King. I'm really enjoying it.
all that flack over two women? Damn some of these guys are petty.
It's your story and fuck those guys who think they can dictate how you write it. It's not like one of the LIs get raped or stolen from the MC like true NTR.

as for bugs. I started from scratch and there was a scene early on where you had a choice to check out an ass or not and if you selected yes it showed the ass of your mom from much later in the story. It might have been that you named 2 image files the same by accident. Later on some scenes aren't shown correctly, eg. walking your dog to your apartment and it shows where your aunt held you captive until you get into the apartment and the dog notices Tiana when it shows the right scenes again.
There are about 8 or so scenes that don't display correctly

Reactions: sn3p

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Okay, so I don't answer all the comments about the scene regarding THE scene. I don't want to overwhelm my own page with responses to each and every one of them.
I won't take 7-10 days off after this update, as I plan to do after every update but will spend as much of this time needed to fix all of the things, except proofreading ( I feel like this will take more time, and it will be done slowly so there are no more mistakes.), but that will also be done in time, don't cry.
After the scene is replaced, and NTR is removed, I request that reviews that are giving me a low rating because of the NTR are removed or changed, because if I can take all of my free time and postpone my fucking graduation even more because all of the other stuff in my life, that heavily include this game, and sacrifice all of that, so you can enjoy the game, you, at least, don't have any right to stomp on my bread and butter.
The grade of my game dropped from 3.6 to 2.9 stars and I believe that now nobody will want to play it. Okay, that's your right, but I think I have the right to ask myself "Is all of this worth it? Was creating 20+ animations, doing your best, and not sleeping a lot of nights for this update worth it?" And the most ironic thing is that it wasn't this update that killed my game, it was the previous one.
I heard a lot of times, "Don't overwork yourself... If you continue like this you will burn out..." and all of this came from people who care about the game and are even paying me money to create it (Yes, I'm making the difference between people from Patreon and people here, all the devs are.). And now I have to say to them, "Sorry guys, I have to do a lot more, and spend God knows how many sleepless nights because I don't want my game and all the work I put into this to die.
You don't know how much it hurts to see the game that you put so much work and yourself into having such a bad rating, and all of the bad comments saying the same thing. Trust me, I understood from the first two, I am not stupid.
All in all, I'll immediately start fixing the issues in the game, and will update the game as soon as it's done.
But I would like to make myself clear, I lived my life by the principle of " If someone throws a stone at you, throw a loaf of bread to him.", but if I'm sacrificing my health and doing everything I can to make this game enjoyable for everyone, and I don't get the same respect back, I'll just go and look for a bigger rock.

Yours truly King of the Jungle
I am not one that gave you a bad review, because i like the game, a lot. Having said that...

You are correct that it was the last update then one that stained your game (it didnt kill it) and you have had that feedback for months.

You failed to identify how much impact the problem was going to have, which is fine, we all make mistakes.

In July, when this problem was raised, you said you were going to address it th next day. Honestly, i forgot about it. Now i went to your Patreon and i see you did a poll, and in the next public update you said you were going to address the Britanny issue in another post, but i dont see any public post where that is addressed. As i told you earlier, i think the biggest issue was the strapon, and that was completely unnecessary IMHO.

I am not a Patreon, and i like the game, even with the controversial scene, but those of us that were not Patreon never saw what decision was made months ago about it, and it ishouldnt be a surprise that it explodes now, once again.

I think that scene is an ufortunate mistake on your part and the fact that it wasnt tackled on time made the problem bigger than it should be.

Again, i still like your game, a lot, i dont support you because i live in a country where its hard to do so, but you need to understand that we, the guys that have contact with you only from this forum, were left kind of in the dark about this issue.

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 25 Votes