2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Serious question without any vestige of criticism, I mean it, I only want to help:

How does one goes about fixing the immensity of grammatical errors and typos? I don't know what files to edit... can someone help?

Thanks.

Peace :)

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
Is this just for the android version because it isn't working in the Win version I am running? It's unfortunate that the renders in the newer updates, which are quite nice, are being badly obscured.
I'll most likely just remove the dialogue box until I find the way that it will work for everyone because every single fucking time something isn't to someone's liking, I get a new 1 ★ review, that hurts my game and repels new potential players.

Reactions: dbp5ca

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
Serious question without any vestige of criticism, I mean it, I only want to help:

How does one goes about fixing the immensity of grammatical errors and typos? I don't know what files to edit... can someone help?

Thanks.

Peace :)
I won't do it on my own. I'll utilize any help that I can get. The game has 108k words, and it will be done in parts so neither I nor whoever helps me won't get a heart attack from working on it. This is not a one-day job, and I hope people can understand that.

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
how about you first listen to the users here giving you hints about the choices you give us in the game that leads to dialogues for choices that the player didn´t made before you make a walkthrou mod????

with how it is now it seems that you give the player meaningless choices and that your game is in reality a kinetic novel.
if so just remove the choices and make your game offical an kinetic novel.

there are at least 3 or 4 points in the game given to you now where your given choices leads to a different point where it should be.
I'm not doing one thing and leaving another to the side. I created WT as you have in Luke's way, where you can choose at the beginning of each update do you want to play with WT or not. Memory issues will also be solved today, at least I think it will, and it all depends on if the solution I have in mind will work. Text and branching will be fixed, but not immediately because I don't want to do it as fast as possible and make some mistakes.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I won't do it on my own. I'll utilize any help that I can get. The game has 108k words, and it will be done in parts so neither I nor whoever helps me won't get a heart attack from working on it. This is not a one-day job, and I hope people can understand that.
Hit me... I am retired, need a hobby, I'll work on it a bit everyday...

::Cracks Knuckles::

piano-bruce-almighty.gif

• Red Heart
Reactions: KingoftheJungle009

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
I'm not doing one thing and leaving another to the side. I created WT as you have in Luke's way, where you can choose at the beginning of each update do you want to play with WT or not. Memory issues will also be solved today, at least I think it will, and it all depends on if the solution I have in mind will work. Text and branching will be fixed, but not immediately because I don't want to do it as fast as possible and make some mistakes.
well if your game is no kinetic novell than it is no use in playing it in this state when the choosen choices are not leading you to the outcome where the taken choices are supposted to lead you.

and it is fine to do an ingame walkthrough.but to make that work EVERY choice you give in the game MUST lead to the correct path if there are any.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
OK, …Anyone else noticing higher memory and GPU numbers, while playing this Renpy project? Normally any of the other Renpy games run at such smaller numbers, compared to this one. I find it odd, that the better number games are using higher quality resolution frames, with much lower numbers...compared to this game. Odd.

King's............ Mem (17530) GPU (100%-97%)
Det Necro....... Mem (343.3) GPU ( 1.7%-1.8%)

Could anyone else please check your numbers while playing this renpy title, ( ctrl Alt Del keys ) to see the mem and GPU numbers (Task Manager)? I'm just wondering why this is happening.
Thanks in advance.
Mem usage around 158,8 Mb from 32gb
gpu usage a little high for that little Application 25%

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
how about you first listen to the users here giving you hints about the choices you give us in the game that leads to dialogues for choices that the player didn´t made before you make a walkthrou mod????

with how it is now it seems that you give the player meaningless choices and that your game is in reality a kinetic novel.
if so just remove the choices and make your game offical an kinetic novel.

there are at least 3 or 4 points in the game given to you now where your given choices leads to a different point where it should be.
I'm not doing one thing and leaving another to the side. I created WT as you have in Luke's way, where you can choose at the beginning of each update do you want to play with WT or not. Memory issues will also be solved today, at least I think it will, and it all depends on if the solution I have in my mind.

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
well if your game is no kinetic novell than it is no use in playing it in this state when the choosen choices are not leading you to the outcome where the taken choices are supposted to lead you.

and it is fine to do an ingame walkthrough.but to make that work EVERY choice you give in the game MUST lead to the correct path if there are any.
I said I'll fix that. It is a mistake on my part, and I'm going to own it. But I also need some time for that. Okay?

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Here's the way to fix it. I've looked through your code and confirmed that your issue is the above, but in your case, it's not just the animations. You're doing it for all the images too without any 'scene' in your script to clear the layer, so you're stacking every image in the game in the background on top of the animations as well. Even great PCs will lag due to that.
Thanks for the explanation. I usually don't hear my pc's vid card fans while playing Renpy stories, but with this one it's really noticeable.

lxh123

Aug 14, 2019
No, he wasn't waiting for her. He was going to a hairstylist which is in Birtney's neighborhood, and her uber couldn't come. The game won't get NTR, I simply hate NTR with passion and won't put it in my game. I didn't know that one small implication will have such a big uproar, if I knew this, I would probably skip that part. But in my experience as a player, I know quite the number of games that have lesbian/bi female characters and some lesbian scenes that didn't get heat for being there. In my game that lesbian scene has bigger implications than just sex and will push some parts of the story forward, and explain some things.

I'll have to address this scene in tomorrow's weekly update because I see where you guys are coming from, but I don't agree with some of the things. I'll post a link to a public post so everyone can read about it.
"Won't get NTR". Suuuuure.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Akainu456

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
He got important data from his dad and then deleted data related to Rachel's family like a good simp he is. What an idiot. Didn't even think of keeping a copy with him. He was supposed to be the king :FacePalm:
His and Rachel's relationship is such that if he needs to know something, she will tell him. The deletion of files was a sign of respect and love. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

KingoftheJungle009

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
"Won't get NTR". Suuuuure.:ROFLMAO:
I'll replace that scene. But as I said on Discord, this isn't the only game where LI or even a girl who isn't LI implicates lesbian sex with another girl, and there was no backlash, that's why I thought it won't cause problems, but it seems like I was wrong. The scene will be replaced and that's that. I just don't understand why I'm the only one getting backlash.

Reactions: sn3p and lxh123
2.90 star(s) 25 Votes