VN Ren'Py KLK Ryûko's Rumble dev thread

kintarodev

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
Since it's your own take about kill la kill universe it can just be a different "timeline" where ryuko or satsuki where early 'eliminated' and one of the parties involved in the story pulled off a clone/parallel universe character summoning/android...

Maybe in any other story would be a bit too much, but I think the Life Fibers concept can help to make it look fitting in this context.

Or maybe just state that Ragyo just lied about ryuko's past and indeed she's a child of unknown father and mother.

If all of this is not convincing, you can always leave a way for players to hack the game files and censor wathever necessary but unconvincing explanatory scene you put.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
I think this may depend on the reason for avoiding the topic, but from the sound of things, the sister is important enough that she can't be easily cut-out of the story, and considering these are sex-fights, it's not like you can have a non-sex-fight with her.

Considering she seems to be the top boss of the league, I would have assumed that leaving her for last would be the most likely outcome if you want to try and avoid bringing that content up as long as possible (it was a path I was planning to take on my own thing), but I don't really know how to avoid it entirely.

Something like what kintarodev said seems like the most likely way to avoid things; Particularly saying that she is just adopted. I guess that'd still leave some connection between them while still having a reason to care for her, although that may not suffice if people would still be fussy over her being a step-sister.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I think this may depend on the reason for avoiding the topic, but from the sound of things, the sister is important enough that she can't be easily cut-out of the story, and considering these are sex-fights, it's not like you can have a non-sex-fight with her.

Considering she seems to be the top boss of the league, I would have assumed that leaving her for last would be the most likely outcome if you want to try and avoid bringing that content up as long as possible (it was a path I was planning to take on my own thing), but I don't really know how to avoid it entirely.

Something like what kintarodev said seems like the most likely way to avoid things; Particularly saying that she is just adopted. I guess that'd still leave some connection between them while still having a reason to care for her, although that may not suffice if people would still be fussy over her being a step-sister.
To be honest, this question is mostly related to everything I heard about Patreon's guideline.

I think that it's gonna hard to come up with an excuse to try to justify why incest in my game isn't really incest, especially when the introduction of the game revolve around Ryûko's bloodline.

I already explained that I already have a job that I don't plan to leave whatsoever.
So getting my Patreon busted on the finish line because I released a final update full of incest content is not an issue.

The real problem will be being able to reach that point before blowing up before.

As I think people will be quick to react when they don't see any incest tag, while the pitch of the game says otherwise.

That set up a question : "Could you get banned for content you didn't produce yet? *

Deleted member 5189987

Developer of Amborella
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2022
I think it only matters if you want to bring the game to Patreon or Steam. For this platform it doesn't matter, there's even an incest tag. If you are okay with it and don't want to make any revenue, it's not an issue.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
To be honest, this question is mostly related to everything I heard about Patreon's guideline.

I think that it's gonna hard to come up with an excuse to try to justify why incest in my game isn't really incest, especially when the introduction of the game revolve around Ryûko's bloodline.

I already explained that I already have a job that I don't plan to leave whatsoever.
So getting my Patreon busted on the finish line because I released a final update full of incest content is not an issue.

The real problem will be being able to reach that point before blowing up before.

As I think people will be quick to react when they don't see any incest tag, while the pitch of the game says otherwise.

That set up a question : "Could you get banned for content you didn't produce yet? *
Patreon can be kinda fuzzy with their guidelines and what they actually enforce.

Based on what I've seen before, I don't think you can be banned for future content, so long as you're not shouting about including it in the game page or anything (i.e. no saying you're going to make "Sister Rape Simulator 2023"). In your case, I think all you need to avoid is putting some sort of explicit mention that you intend for them to fuck on the game's page.

They also don't seem to catch/care about certain violations if they're deep enough into the game, but I would probably still drop a "patreon-safe" version where it's said that no, Ryûko's actually adopted or w/e. There's a fair few games with non-consent content on Patreon which, strictly speaking, they're supposed to be against, but I've only seen one get really slapped down for it. That said, the NC aspect is probably the one I'd be most worried about - they might be a bit iffy if it's too hard or completely unavoidable, but I'm not too sure there.

As for here - I don't think you're supposed to put tags on the topic until the content's in the game anyway, so if it's being left late then it probably shouldn't be tagged as such here. Putting it down as a future topic should be OK.

Reactions: nyqz

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Hello everybody.

It's already the end of the week, and I can tell you that I haven't really been productive.
Since coding, writing and programming are ahead of the rest I took some time to rest.

I will start implementing the V0.2 script in the game at the beginning ot the next week, since I would like to be ahead when I will release the V0.1.

However, a lot of work has been done on the artworks.

More backgrounds are being produced, like this one :
bg mankanshoku dining room.jpg

The design of the 2nd club captain is also nearly finished.
I will probably be able to make a full reveal of the first two love interest at the end of the next week.

Here is a little preview of the 2nd club captain :
22.png

The smut part of the game is going well too :

ta.png

Now that this game is not just a barebone tech demo anymore, I think I can tell that the release date of the V 0.1 will be between February / March at worst April of 2023.

Last edited:

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Inb4 they're a Studio Trigger artist gone rogue.:ROFLMAO:
The main artist working on my game still have a different artstyle than those working for Studio Trigger.

Some improvements can be made too. If you look at the Sex CG featured on the very first post of this thread, you can see that the characters faces are kinda meh...

But it was basically a concept art for a sex scene and everything else will be better.

The other KLK game featured of F95 is way more close to the original material than my game will ever be. https://f95zone.to/threads/ryukos-life-fiber-adventure-v1-2-laylaletsyou.59737/

It feels awkward to be praised for the only thing I'm not making myself but I guess it's the only thing people can have an opinion on since everything else remains hidden. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Gigalomaniac

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Quick question about sex content.

I already said that this game will be very yuri oriented and that it will be possible to have pure yuri routes, but I never excluded to add some straight scenes.

For those that involve the MC, my plan is simply to make it very obvious when the player is going to enter a "non pure yuri route". Those straight scenes will be locked behind a choice that won't leave any doubt beforehand.

But regarding the straight scenes that doesn't involve the MC, I would like to have your opinion about what I'm planning to do :

- It could be avoidable but it won't be especially obvious to actually avoid it.

- I'm unsure about adding a skipping option for it.

- It will never involve a love interest the player is currently dating or still have the possibility to date.

I'm curious to see what's your opinion about that.

Thanks.

Gigawama

Mar 17, 2018
Making the straight scenes obvious that they're coming up is great. Adding a skip option for the ones not including the MC would be very welcome, shouldn't be too hard to add a skip option for those scenes.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Hello Everybody.

Here is the recap of the week.

The gallery system is now 95% finished, I will have to complete it with a replay scene system and everything should be ok.

All the placeholder arts are getting slowly replaced 1 by 1. It will still take a lot of time to have everything 100 % ready but it's nice to see that the whole pace is steady.

The very first music theme was also finished a few days ago.

But the most important thing, is that I can finally give you a full preview of the first two original characters that will be added into the game.

They are the very first two Club captains. It depends on your point of view but they can both represent your first ally or the first piece of your harem.

Question is : do you prefer to defeat your opponents by subduing them by force, or by learning their innermost secrets ? :devilish:

Wits vs Strenght
Control vs Power
Kameko Kano Vs Anzu Inoue​
15.png

I think it shouldn't be too difficult to find out which school club they both represent.

Which one is your favorite ?

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
But regarding the straight scenes that doesn't involve the MC, I would like to have your opinion about what I'm planning to do :

- It could be avoidable but it won't be especially obvious to actually avoid it.

- It will never involve a love interest the player is currently dating or still have the possibility to date.

I'm personally OK with it, but I know a fair few people on the Lesbian Games topic really don't like seeing it and I guess might like a skip option. Or I suppose they can roll back to last choice.

Also, tough call on a favourite. Going to have to see their scenes to be sure, I think.

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
Quick question about sex content.

I already said that this game will be very yuri oriented and that it will be possible to have pure yuri routes, but I never excluded to add some straight scenes.

For those that involve the MC, my plan is simply to make it very obvious when the player is going to enter a "non pure yuri route". Those straight scenes will be locked behind a choice that won't leave any doubt beforehand.

Thanks.
Ive only just discovered this thread yesterday but anything with Satsuki immediately has my attention, especially when its this good looking. Regarding the sex scenes, I think it's never a bad idea to add a skip button for those who may not care for the scene.

Also, damn Kano's about to make me act up. Hot chick in a suit with white hair? Y E S.
The only thing missing for it to be a slam dunk for me is a white suit.

Reactions: L33tmaster

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Got it.

Adding a skipping option for those kind of situations isn't hard but it also means that It shouldn't act like a penalty for the player that actually skip the scene.

I'll find a way.

Speaking about white suits : looks like you got a vision from the future. ;)

Last edited:

kintarodev

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
Kameko gives me strong 'Zazie from Negima series' vibes. I really like her far more than Anzu.

About the previous question, putting an direct skipping option can help to more hardcore yuri fans, although I don't really mind eitherway.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I'm personally OK with it, but I know a fair few people on the Lesbian Games topic really don't like seeing it and I guess might like a skip option. Or I suppose they can roll back to last choice.

Also, tough call on a favourite. Going to have to see their scenes to be sure, I think.
If you're talking about "Spicy" scenes, then sadly I won't be able to delivers scenes for both of them until the 1st update following the initial release of the game.
I will only be able to introduce those two characters. So you will be able to get a glimpse of their personality without going too deep.

The 1st release will include 4 sex scenes and 8 CGS (not including variations / SFW CGS / ecchi CGS ).

It may seems a bit short but to be honest the very first release is the one that require the biggest investment and all of this can't be put into sex only, as I have to build up my story.