Kryomancer

Feb 7, 2022
Oh. So I guess I just wait for another patch or.....?
I wouldn't hold my breath, on Discord Kagura rep is saying stuff like:

none of these crashes came from our work on the game, they've always been present

we ironed out most of the crashes. Any remaining ones were infrequent and impossible to locate, and were also present in the JP version.

do keep in mind we aren't a AAA dev, we can't leave a game in testing for months or we'd go bankrupt. We fix the large majority of issues (trust me, we fix a LOT), but some things can slip by unnoticed
Normally I'd be very suspicious given Kagura's track record of introducing completely new bugs to anything they touch, but then again this is Gyu's work so it could be anything. They're trying to fix stuff but since the game is fundamentally broken and it's a known fact that after a week or so of small hotfixes Kagura will completely abandon any attempts at supporting the games they put out, it's quite unlikely we'll ever see a stable version of the game.

I've been burned by Kagura's half-baked releases more times than I'd like to admit and I definitely wouldn't pay for this game in its current state, that's for sure.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Some potential workarounds regarding crashing for this game. Courtesy of the review left by TheHighSpire

" Solution to avoid some of the crashes: 1. Do not put the game in full screen. 2. Fast forward (hold ctrl) over any and all text. Especially longer dialogues, which there are many of, will crash the game."

Hopefully this may be of assistance to people having issues.

Hikaru III

Apr 18, 2018
Anyone encounter with this font error?

Edit: nvm, just downloaded ver1.02 and the font is back to normal again

Last edited:

May 6, 2017
hmm, i actually havent encounter any bug that crash the game honestly and i play it normally, from prologue to middle chapter 1 now
Maybe it because i play it using Locale Emulator
Since i usually do that with jp game just to be sure, but that just me

Punkreas

Aug 11, 2017
Didn't have any crashes so far, but how can i make the game run windowed ? Fullscreen is terrible with an resolution like 800x600 lol

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Some potential workarounds regarding crashing for this game. Courtesy of the review left by TheHighSpire

" Solution to avoid some of the crashes: 1. Do not put the game in full screen. 2. Fast forward (hold ctrl) over any and all text. Especially longer dialogues, which there are many of, will crash the game."

Hopefully this may be of assistance to people having issues.
Can't enjoy the whole story now that you have to Fast forward everything

xkinqdom

Apr 29, 2020
I'm honestly surprised KG decided to release this despite all the issues it seems to have. I find it hard to believe all these crashes and bugs would have gone under the radar considering how frequent it looks from the posts here and on the reviews/dicussion thread from steam.

Rasc

Dec 15, 2019
Is there a way to put the features added by the translator into the Kagura game version?

Amiee

Mar 20, 2018
I still crash playing this game, when I press CTRL
is there an additional file so it doesn't crash?

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
The fastforward issue i think is because the game is so heavy, i remember a previous game like this a fan made acompressed version? Somethign like it that reduced the memory usage and problems like that were reduced a lot.

Reactions: Silentce
Aug 23, 2017
If I remember well, try muting the sound of the game. Worked for me with mtl version and stopped giving me crashes for CTRL.

Also does anyone know if Kagura version includes this?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
The fastforward issue i think is because the game is so heavy, i remember a previous game like this a fan made acompressed version? Somethign like it that reduced the memory usage and problems like that were reduced a lot.
I was thinking that myself, but didn't think about compressing it. yeah that could help potentially if it is just a very resource heavy game.

Reactions: Animefan_09
3.20 star(s) 16 Votes