IGaming

Sep 21, 2017
Has anyone encountered an error that causes the X button to no longer work? Also, I can't choose normal attack anymore, can only auto attack.

shaka339

May 14, 2017
In case someone else is dissatisfied with the uncensored art in this game I renamed all the images with genitals from the JP version to match Kagura's. I also made a few editions to the images with text to maintain the translation on them and fixed a translation error in one of them.

01.png
JP version - Kagura's - My edition

Link:

Last edited:

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Gave it a try but after an hour of playing, crashing (including one reboot of Windows 11) giving up. Had the redistributed C++ libraries on so its not that, just some other weird mess that doesn't happen with other games.

Did enjoy Treasure Hunter Mai so this looked to be fun, if a less buggy version gets out I might try again.

morrows

Apr 17, 2018
In case someone else is dissatisfied with the uncensored art in this game I renamed all the images with genitals from the JP version to match Kagura's. I also made a few editions to the images with text to maintain the translation on them and fixed a translation error in one of them.

View attachment 1841926

Link:
Thanks for this, it looks much better this way rather than the clashing "uncensored" art

tanabe74

Aug 16, 2017
how to unlock and increase lewd?
what must i do to trigger it?

I already modified the sex stats to oblivion with CE but still i can't unlock lewd status

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
I tried yesterday night as well on v1.03 and I didn't even get past the prologue before the damn thing just plain died.
No errors, just plain went down. Was gone before I even realised it.

Basically, I never even made it out of the starting town before things crapped out on me. Haven't tried continuing yet.
But still, I've always been somewhat of a compulsive saver in these games because I've been burnt before. But this takes that to a whole new level. I guess you need to save after every NPC you talk to, after each building you step into, after each chest you open, after each 2 steps you take. Let alone after each 'n every battle (which I haven't even gotten to).

I liked Mai, which is what lead me here. But I dunno really, dunno if I can take it.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
OK, so just tried it again. Lasted for about 15 minutes I guess before it conked out again.
This time I seem to have gotten to the map, into the graveyard location, started talking with some NPC's aaaaaand BOOM!

Task manager is pretty much open 24/7 for me and ... no spikes in memory usage (still gigs left) and no spike in CPU usage either (still a long way from 100%). Nor any sudden drops. So the situation that was alluded to earlier that crashes would have any relation to the game using up all available RAM seem to be the wrong place to look for probable cause. :unsure:

It's gotta be messed up scripts/plugins or something if it's to kill the engine so thoroughly.
Probably too much copy/pasting shit off the interwebs that was never s'posed to be mixed together. Perhaps causing a race condition of some sort or memory access violation causing the whole process to just crash outright w/o even showing an error.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Aiight, fine ... one more update ... let my curiosity get the best of me (as much as checking this out is pretty much a waste of time :sneaky: ) ...

Seems like I actually hit the nail on the head when I speculated on the issue (from what I can tell from the crash info) -->
It's gotta be messed up scripts/plugins or something if it's to kill the engine so thoroughly.
Probably too much copy/pasting shit off the interwebs that was never s'posed to be mixed together. Perhaps causing a race condition of some sort or memory access violation causing the whole process to just crash outright w/o even showing an error.
1654033585145.png
So it looks like the engine is C++ and the exception code here literally seems to be the one for an access violation.
1654033765898.png

I kind of doubt the JPN version could have ever been THIS bad really, but anyway.
Whether it's Gyu or Kagura, it's obvious this game ain't technically sound.

An access violation like this ain't related to how much RAM you got, but rather how it's accessed. C++ is a language that exists pretty close to the machine after all and allows you to do a whole lot of stuff 'manually'. Of course it also means you HAVE TO do a whole lot of stuff manually.
As opposed to C# (e.g. Unity), which exists in a realm farther away from the OS, where the framework offers more tools and features. Where you don't actually have to manually do memory management, pointers & all that tech mumbo jumbo nobody here really cares about I guess. :p

No doubt RPGM should handle most of that stuff 'for you', hiding the complexities (no, RPGM DEV doesn't need to be a C++ DEV). But considering it's possible to 'extend' the engine's out of the box features, I'm sure that means you can break sh*t as well.

Anyway ... I fear this game is a lost cause. I pity those who actually paid cold hard cash for this.

divineKeep

May 18, 2022
Opening crashed on me too, skipped it. Just expect that it'll crash a lot, save A LOT and don't doubt it'll crash on you after EVERY boss battle (3 times in my case).
Overall almost done with the initial playthrough (virgin), had 10 or so crashes, which barely meant anything progress-wise coz all the saving.
Save after you obtain a cool skill and consider it gone if you unlock it during boss battle. :)

ps. I use an old CPU (can't play MV games on it) maybe it was better coz of that.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Opening crashed on me too, skipped it. Just expect that it'll crash a lot, save A LOT and don't doubt it'll crash on you after EVERY boss battle (3 times in my case).
Overall almost done with the initial playthrough (virgin), had 10 or so crashes, which barely meant anything progress-wise coz all the saving.
Save after you obtain a cool skill and consider it gone if you unlock it during boss battle. :)

ps. I use an old CPU (can't play MV games on it) maybe it was better coz of that.
Like I mentioned, I still haven't even gotten to anything close to battle. Still very much in the prologue from what I can tell and I've already accumulated multiple crashes just trying to get through the intro text dumps.

Sure, I can restart the game & CTRL rush through what I've already read, but c'mon. It's impossible to play a game that crashes every 15 minutes because it's messing up it's memory allocation.
And that's just going through the boring text dumps where I technically haven't gotten anything to 'lose' yet. It can only be much worse once proper RPG gameplay stuff starts happening.

For today I'm calling it quits. Dunno yet if I'm gonna go back, but it doesn't look like it'll be for today at least.
Dunno if it's worth the headache honestly.

F4LL3X

Jan 19, 2018

View attachment 1841926

Link:
Where do the files go?

Reactions: ouda

Fact Shira

Jul 7, 2017

View attachment 1841926

Link:
Thank you! I started doing the same thing yesterday since most of the uncensored art is trash

NickyNick

Jun 9, 2017
Managed to go for about an hour without a crash after the last patch, but then the game crashed twice in a row within the span of 10 minutes while in dialogue.

ramonetis

May 2, 2022
It is curious because the crashes in the dialogues was something that already happened in the Japanese version of the game with the automatic translation into English.

Kiryu-chan

Mar 26, 2021
I'm literally stuck at that tent scene where the soldier gives you food, water etc. Can someone help pretty please?

ouda

Apr 30, 2018

View attachment 1841926

Link:
Where do the files go?
please and thanks

3.20 star(s) 16 Votes