MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
Is it actually dead or is there hope we'll see the final version before the end of times ? Really enjoyed this game back then, so really excited if you finally finalize this !

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
Is it actually dead or is there hope we'll see the final version before the end of times ? Really enjoyed this game back then, so really excited if you finally finalize this !
Better check his discord, probably. I don't use it, so i can't, but sure hope he didn't go and commit sudoku, especially after writing this.
Kobolds often end up dying. A sad truth.
At least there's a bit of hope! Since it's not only him, but a lot of devs just decided to delay things at the same time, so maybe it's just that no one likes Summer. Will return, say something like apology or such, but will be alive, and that's all that matters. It's not an issue for me personally to wait any amount of time for a good game, being a fan Kingdom of Deception and Touhou.

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
They normally post only double digit updates here (v2.4, v2.5, v2.6, etc.). Their website is the most up to date with v2.6205 (Soul-Alone).

They'll most likely update this thread once they release v2.7. Though, I don't know when or how long it's been since v2.6205 has been out. :(

Hopefully they're still working on the game...

Last edited:
Reactions: ejmuerte

UW0TM8TY

Apr 9, 2020
Discord is still really active, seems they're still remaking the whole game so it works with Steam and Android.
Last post in the update channel is from 14th April. Unless something big is happening in the patreon channel, I'd say production has considerably slowed down at the very least.

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
The latest build has been said to be coming for Steam and Mobile since April. Just gotta be patient, as that is definitely what is getting the most attention from the devs right now.

Anarchistic

Apr 30, 2018
Months without an update or even a message from the dev is saddening. This was turning into something really cool to experience and read. Alas, I kinda feel like either writer's block or burnout has hit our dev here. A sort of "step away completely and recover" choice may have happened. Although I agree that transparency would be nice as many people in this thread believe the entire project to be abandoned completely. I'm not sure if we should tag it that until we hear from the dev, but months of silence have been worrying for sure what the future really holds here for this game.

UnitaryMatrix

Feb 20, 2018
The developer is still active on their own discord that you can find linked in the description text of the game itself (the text underneath "Welcome to Kobold Adventure") as you boot into it.
It's not exactly an easy process writing two separate versions for a previously javascript based game from scratch. Just trust that there will be an update when it's done.
Edit: Note that all I did was visit the discord, and TinkeringTurian themselves popped up to confirm that they were still working on it.

lunarian21

Nov 21, 2018
The developer is still active on their own discord that you can find linked in the description text of the game itself (the text underneath "Welcome to Kobold Adventure") as you boot into it.
It's not exactly an easy process writing two separate versions for a previously javascript based game from scratch. Just trust that there will be an update when it's done.
Edit: Note that all I did was visit the discord, and TinkeringTurian themselves popped up to confirm that they were still working on it.
I get an error anytime I try to follow the invite link.

UnitaryMatrix

Feb 20, 2018
I get an error anytime I try to follow the invite link.
You have to log into discord, select "add a server" from the "+" bubble icon in the left hand side-bar, then click the bottom option "join a server" below where it asks you if you already have a link. Only after that can you paste that join link in order to get into the server.

Reactions: lunarian21

lunarian21

Nov 21, 2018
You have to log into discord, select "add a server" from the "+" bubble icon in the left hand side-bar, then click the bottom option "join a server" below where it asks you if you already have a link. Only after that can you paste that join link in order to get into the server.
Thank you for giving clear instructions but it still is not working.
The words Invite Link turns red and it says 'Unable to accept invite'.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes