fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
Sorry, but after months of complete silence I have the right to be sardonic as much as I want to. Anyway, could you please forward this image to the dev? You can pinpoint on the graph the exact moment he stopped communicating with anyone outside of his discord bubble.
The dev has stated that he is aware of the numbers dropping, but argues that the steam sales will make up for it in the future. To me this seems like a huge gamble, especially because converting the game to non-html so it will work on steam has already taken very long, with no release in sight. I totally get not updating people about the progress of the conversion tho, it just creates false expectations and frustration for both parties when customers get involved in the tech.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
To me this seems like a huge gamble
Sounds more like an excuse to me. There's nothing about this situations that should've been a gamble, because there was no need to stop giving updates, no? Or is it going to be like v20.0 on steam, and he wants the game to be worth buying, so that we'll actually get infinitely more content? Is Steam holding him hostage while he works at game, lol? Steam doesn't require the game to be godlike and have company-level of efforts, and neither does it require that much time. I bet Tinkering Turian is just being apathetic and silly, which is very common to authors.

Reactions: GentlemanJaggi

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
Sounds more like an excuse to me. There's nothing about this situations that should've been a gamble, because there was no need to stop giving updates, no? Or is it going to be like v20.0 on steam, and he wants the game to be worth buying, so that we'll actually get infinitely more content? Is Steam holding him hostage while he works at game, lol? Steam doesn't require the game to be godlike and have company-level of efforts, and neither does it require that much time. I bet Tinkering Turian is just being apathetic and silly, which is very common to authors.
You can't sell what is basically a website on steam, so some work needed to be done there to make it an actual application you can run locally. This could be done in a month, or less if you cut corners for a quick release, but based on what he said on the discord he's being a perfectionist about it and basically wants to redo everything.

In addition to that he has frequent spells where he can't work, so I suppose you are right in calling it a common author issue.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Umbra.Nox

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
You can't sell what is basically a website on steam, so some work needed to be done there to make it an actual application you can run locally. This could be done in a month, or less if you cut corners for a quick release, but based on what he said on the discord he's being a perfectionist about it and basically wants to redo everything.

In addition to that he has frequent spells where he can't work, so I suppose you are right in calling it a common author issue.
Or maybe he just likes being bullied..! Think about it, with how good the game is, everyone will write "oh i love you mister Turian, such a great writer", and maybe he got tired of it, and, half-intentionally, decided to disappoint people! Gave promises that it's going to be soon, and got silent, listening to people insulting him. They'll put a lot of stress on him, and a lot of desired attention. Maybe instead of the game he was writing a trigger, where his electro-dildo will activate whenever bot notices someone being disappointed in discord. But that's just a theory...

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
Or maybe he just likes being bullied..! Think about it, with how good the game is, everyone will write "oh i love you mister Turian, such a great writer", and maybe he got tired of it, and, half-intentionally, decided to disappoint people! Gave promises that it's going to be soon, and got silent, listening to people insulting him. They'll put a lot of stress on him, and a lot of desired attention. Maybe instead of the game he was writing a trigger, where his electro-dildo will activate whenever bot notices someone being disappointed in discord. But that's just a theory...
Pretty based, I must say.

lunarian21

Nov 21, 2018
No matter how I try it, I can't get into his discord server. So how can anyone verify the truth in saying the Dev is okay?

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Did the gang-bang-rape scene get changed at some point?
I seem to remember it being more violent and abusive the first time I got to that scene.

Or are there two scenes?

Kruxis

Sep 3, 2019
There's a post on Patreon from December 5th that's too long. But it basically says that version 3.00 is coming soon and a lot more

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
There's a post on Patreon from December 5th that's too long. But it basically says that version 3.00 is coming soon and a lot more
If it's the message I'm thinking it is, then that's incorrect, that was made May 12th, however honestly, in dev time, with such a major project, that's likely still no to long ago(May 12th of this year)
Lemme go grab some screenshots for those to lazy to go check

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
Screenshot_29.png Screenshot_30.png Screenshot_31.png
I didn't screenshot quite everything, one thing that is semi-important to note is that it seems he was overly optimistic about the release date, the post says a bit later that he was hoping for next month(clearly not the case)
If you want genuine answers, the person making it and the people helping are accessible to talk to via discord, the best I can give is speculation, mine being that this undertaking is far harder than was originally thought, and to me, that makes sense

PS:also iirc the online version is still getting updates, just minor ones such as a new image or redrawn images, maybe some rewording as well, don't quote me there tho

• Thinking Face
Reactions: UnDeaD_CyBorG
4.30 star(s) 15 Votes