PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
not necessarily an update, just it's been a long time since the dev told moderators something from what I understand, some games take several months to update, but no tag, but some games get it within 2 months despite still being worked on. I'm about 95% sure that TT has just not had it on his mind to do so as depression plus working on the game.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
By "dead" you guys mean the dev really abandoned it? I thought they just take their time
Quite a shame, it was quite good while it lasted :(

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
this is from the discord and about covers everything, the game is NOT dead, just a lot of irl problems requiring massive HIATUS
"Sadly, I can no longer afford to offer my work for free". I don't know why you are still optimistic about KA.

Trying to earn a living with one's works / efforts, is not temporary "irl problems" and it won't go away.
Not to mention developing this game does not seems like a habit of The devs' that he does on his off time.

The development was already super slow before. And now he has a new focus - which is not on parallel with KA's development.
The "I am still working on KA" is more like an "escape rope" when he doesn't feel like to do commissions, doesn't necessarily mean he will work on the game from time to time.

IMO it's pretty much abandoned, but in a sense "Never Say Never".
Maybe he can find ways to make "Creating KA" profitable somehow

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
"Sadly, I can no longer afford to offer my work for free". I don't know why you are still optimistic about KA.

Trying to earn a living with one's works / efforts, is not temporary "irl problems" and it won't go away.
Not to mention developing this game does not seems like a habit of The devs' that he does on his off time.

The development was already super slow before. And now he has a new focus - which is not on parallel with KA's development.
The "I am still working on KA" is more like an "escape rope" when he doesn't feel like to do commissions, doesn't necessarily mean he will work on the game from time to time.

IMO it's pretty much abandoned, but in a sense "Never Say Never".
Maybe he can find ways to make "Creating KA" profitable somehow
could be possible, but for now just be skeptical if he continues to develop this game.

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
I mean, I imagine there's at least a handful of people who'd pay for route extensions, I also never said they were temporary, just abundant. If you guys want to look more into it, join the discord server. I'm not really to active there, I just don't want the uninformed who are interested to just hop off the bandwagaon of an amazing creator.

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
Creators stop being amazing when they stop creating.
And they need support to continue creating, I do support as well, what I can on his Patreon, it's not much but it's what I can do.
If you want to leave it where it is, fine, but if you want more, then support them, otherwise you're right, they stop being amazing creators because they can't create.

MetalTao

Oct 5, 2018
IDK what is in your guys' heads.
The situation is ambiguous at best because the dev doesn't elaborate what is going on, but does fuck around in their Discord from time to time. A re-instated verbal commitment to a game that isn't backed up with explanation nor action is at best lazy and at worst, dishonest.
The game is most likely abandoned and should be treated as such.

If you like an example of clear communication and delays, Future Fragments updates every week or two on what is delayed and why for the past 3+ years as they are now on their way to getting the steam page ready for launch.
There has been months longs gaps with no game updates yet they constantly interact and leave messages just about everywhere they can.

It seems to me this dev is more cynical than anything else?
I cannot tell.

The commissions seem good and if you are interested, take them up on it.
And, please do
I can only tell you what the situation resembles, no one knows what the real situation is or if there even is one to cause such a delay. But there is a level of immaturity in how this is being handled through mods in a discord server interpreting the situation rather than having it be said from the person themselves.

Good luck!

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
IDK what is in your guys' heads.
The situation is ambiguous at best because the dev doesn't elaborate what is going on, but does fuck around in their Discord from time to time. A re-instated verbal commitment to a game that isn't backed up with explanation nor action is at best lazy and at worst, dishonest.
The game is most likely abandoned and should be treated as such.

If you like an example of clear communication and delays, Future Fragments updates every week or two on what is delayed and why for the past 3+ years as they are now on their way to getting the steam page ready for launch.
There has been months longs gaps with no game updates yet they constantly interact and leave messages just about everywhere they can.

It seems to me this dev is more cynical than anything else?
I cannot tell.

The commissions seem good and if you are interested, take them up on it.
And, please do
I can only tell you what the situation resembles, no one knows what the real situation is or if there even is one to cause such a delay. But there is a level of immaturity in how this is being handled through mods in a discord server interpreting the situation rather than having it be said from the person themselves.

Good luck!
Although I don't fully agree with this, I don't exactly disagree either, not at this point. The only real thing that I'm trying to pass on is that the creator is at the very least having many issues, for those who wish to see more of the game, or even just his content, then go on and support, through patreon, comissions, etc. If not, then I've simply just pulled info from something most people here don't bother to check it seems.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes