Unity Completed KoboldKare [2024-03-26] [Naelstrof]

3.50 star(s) 19 Votes

Chuckles

Apr 24, 2017
I've decided I want to try and write a more thorough guide to this game that serves as a walkthrough. I've covered everything you need to know beforehand, as well as information that you'll want to know while playing the game, but it doesn't mention the questline itself nor does it cover all of the possibilities in the game. It does, however, give you around 90% of the information you need to finish the game, and what's left can be uncovered by experimentation.

Note that this guide is still a heavy work in progress, however all of the information inside should be accurate.
i think someone might post that on steam if you haven't already, it's a pretty good guide with a nice TITle nonetheless, even if some might prefer finding things out themselves, i might search on it when i'll feel dumb enough to not understand game stuff lol

Blinkraven

Oct 11, 2018
here is the latest build:

mods
I think in that version just too many things are broken, thats you can't play it at all. A few options don't load, game can't find mod's directory, etc.

commandhat

Nov 9, 2020
I've updated my KoboldKare guide. It now covers the first six quests, which will let you unlock and access close to 95% of the game's content. There's only a few fetishes locked behind the wall that is Quests #7 and 8, and writing that half of the guide will take a lot of time. For now, this guide is good enough to be linked in the OP.

Reactions: furryfuntime21

Blinkraven

Oct 11, 2018
Somebody cannot complete that intuitive and easy quests? o_O
Nah, maybe i just too adaptive.
And yes, commandhat. Go to steam and post your guide in guides section of the game. You don't need to own the game for that, and will get more comfortable place to update information.
And in game there only one hard quest- space kobold program, bcs phisycs in game often tend to not do what you want

Chuckles

Apr 24, 2017
for me the mods work too and i toggled all of them, i already had a folder here: AppData\LocalLow\Naelstrof\KoboldKare\mods, as for the saves, playing normally (with game not owned on steam possibly) will result in making a 'defaultUser' folder with 'modList.json' and other things, while with emu, it makes a steamid folder also with its saves and modlist (and works to play with people that own the game), oh and i just let most options by default, didn't thinker with them, it turned out well for me not giving much thought to how goofy the game feels (because yeah latest build may feel 'experimental' and not complete, so there might be some bugs that i either didn't notice or ignored, but if someone would be willing, they could just upload the steam version that might probably work better?)

Dark2Dawn

Oct 31, 2021
for me the mods work too and i toggled all of them, i already had a folder here: AppData\LocalLow\Naelstrof\KoboldKare\mods, as for the saves, playing normally (with game not owned on steam possibly) will result in making a 'defaultUser' folder with 'modList.json' and other things, while with emu, it makes a steamid folder also with its saves and modlist (and works to play with people that own the game), oh and i just let most options by default, didn't thinker with them, it turned out well for me not giving much thought to how goofy the game feels (because yeah latest build may feel 'experimental' and not complete, so there might be some bugs that i either didn't notice or ignored, but if someone would be willing, they could just upload the steam version that might probably work better?)
Well, the problem with mine is that (despite being in the specified folder) it still doesn't recognize that there are mods there.

Chuckles

Apr 24, 2017
Well, the problem with mine is that (despite being in the specified folder) it still doesn't recognize that there are mods there.
i wouldn't know how to help if you won't detail further from what windows you're on to etc but yeah some of that you might not wanna share here so just message me instead if you will, or find out what's wrong on your end yourself since it just works for me xdd

Blinkraven

Oct 11, 2018
Heh, found a way to repair game on last version. Just deleted all files and saves, and dll's in appData folder. Then "reinstall" game and start it without mods, then, after succesfull launch, implemented mods. And now i can play again! ;D

Reactions: Adachiteru

MimicMicro

Jan 10, 2022
There is a vr mod, though from what I have read on the Discord it's more like it's own version of the game? So not compatible with other mods etc.
Here is the and the .
I may be blind, but I dont see a way to open the game.

Reactions: xXErrorXx

Chuckles

Apr 24, 2017
Heh, found a way to repair game on last version. Just deleted all files and saves, and dll's in appData folder. Then "reinstall" game and start it without mods, then, after succesfull launch, implemented mods. And now i can play again! ;D
i guess that's one way to fix stuff xd

commandhat

Nov 9, 2020
Found the problem from looking through the developer's discord server, and why people aren't able to load 1_2022_1. The issue is that modsList.json gets corrupted since the one in the OP is so old as to cause problems with the latest build, and due to modsList getting corrupted, modsConfiguration.json gets blanked, leading to the game loading nothing.

To fix this and use the latest version, open the saves folder and go up one level (to the one named "defaultUser"). Delete modsList.json, and modConfiguration.json if it exists. That should be enough to run the latest version.

Last edited:

Blinkraven

Oct 11, 2018
Found the problem from looking through the developer's discord server, and why people aren't able to load 1_2022_1. The issue is that modsList.json gets corrupted since the one in the OP is so old as to cause problems with the latest build, and due to modsList getting corrupted, modsConfiguration.json gets blanked, leading to the game loading nothing.

To fix this and use the latest version, open the saves folder and go up one level (to the one named "defaultUser"). Delete modsList.json, and modConfiguration.json if it exists. That should be enough to run the latest version.
Emm, are you know that this file for latest version of the game is now obsolete?
that was mentioned in patchnote
"Modding configuration has been removed to improve stability."
sooo, i think that dev just forgot to implement autodeletion that file from game or appdata directory (and it will be here for pirate or any version, that cannot update automaticaly). And, of course, many players just don't know why their game don't want to work, heh.

commandhat

Nov 9, 2020
Emm, are you know that this file for latest version of the game is now obsolete?
that was mentioned in patchnote
"Modding configuration has been removed to improve stability."
sooo, i think that dev just forgot to implement autodeletion that file from game or appdata directory (and it will be here for pirate or any version, that cannot update automaticaly). And, of course, many players just don't know why their game don't want to work, heh.
The git commit you are talking about: -- git commit 8862433
is five commits behind git HEAD: -- git commit 1d2e4c0
and building git HEAD yields a build similar to the gofile upload a few posts back. That's the build to which my advice applies. If you're running that build *without downloading any other versions*, then you won't need my advice.

3.50 star(s) 19 Votes