Unity Completed KoboldKare [2024-03-26] [Naelstrof]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes
May 3, 2022
I can't speak to the specifics of this game but Completed tag on F95 doesn't mean there isn't any more development. Like many games that exit EA on steam that continue to get significant updates for months to years after.

ElmerFapp

Mar 27, 2022
Couldn't say, with dev's new game it's hard to say in what capacity the game is going to be worked on from here. I don't know how Naelstrof operates post "completion".

PDCurator

Sep 1, 2023
If you eat fish juice (which costs mutator bar, expandable via yogurt) then your regular grab upgrades to a multi-grab. More fish juice means more stuff you can simple-grab and carry at the same time.
Yeah I figured that out later, makes it a bit easier but do wish it wasn't as finnicky.

Turns out, the developer is accepting community mods into the main developer branch. They One of these mods is Kfurniture which adds movable breeding stations represented as furniture items, although the dev of that branch is taking a long time to finish it.
As for this, hope it follows through, would be nice to get some variation on the kobolds other than shape and colour and new stuff, but I guess we will have to wait till the Dev picks it up again after his new game.

Daugorn

Oct 16, 2018
Oh, so it's "completed" i see. But why tho, i thought there's going to be more stuff, sadge. Does anyone know if the developer will continue to update the game, or we can only rely on mods now?
Back when workshop support came out, when people complained about the lack of updates for 3 months Nael said that he's still 'working on stuff' well, 2 months later he says the game is actually done and he's now moved to making a new game. I feel like stopping development of a game that just started to get a bunch of traction is quite the braindead move

Caerna

Dec 29, 2018
Let's hope he will add this weird cv mechanics to kk too. Game looks exactly like kk with mods. It would be fun to cannon ball "unload" your kobs into the orbit. Kobold Space Program.

• Haha
Reactions: ElmerFapp

merptank24

Jul 12, 2021
Let's hope he will add this weird cv mechanics to kk too. Game looks exactly like kk with mods. It would be fun to cannon ball "unload" your kobs into the orbit. Kobold Space Program.
im kinda hoping for this new game to be him testing stuff that he might put into KK at a later date aswell

BWEzu

Feb 15, 2019
Since downloading the newest update I can't start a new save, anyone got an idea how to fix it? Also nothing shows up in the options menu, except the controlls

IslayPliskin

Jul 8, 2021
People don't realize that Kobold Kare was an endeavor WAY over Nael's head in experience and skill level to do mostly solo like they did. The fact it's made it to where it is now is pretty crazy. Getting Kobold Kare to a playable, stable state like it is now is the best we can hope for. Nael is done with this game mostly, it's been years of trying to work through something he took WAY too big of a bite for. Churn Vector is using the knowledge gained over the years, and help from people that are more skilled and knowledgeable in places Nael isn't, and a smaller scale game to boot leading to what should be a fine game, hopefully this scale allows for more to come in a shorter amount of time then KK took to get to places.

• Haha
Reactions: atur and Shurutsue

merptank24

Jul 12, 2021
while i know not a lot of ppl will remember but gmod didnt have much to start off with in its earlier completed versions the community helped it to grow. The way I see how the game is now its just a matter of having the community grow and gaining more skilled creators/modders emerging to make this game bigger.
the game is a bit of a small community rn its could still be early days as to where KK can go with it being a open source game

Mar 28, 2019
i agree with that, maybe with a specific map there could even be a MP competition of who can launch it the furthest lol (even going to space or something idk)

ElmerFapp

Mar 27, 2022
type %appdata% into windows search bar, that folder will take you you \AppData\Roaming\ so just back out to AppData and go to LocalLow instead

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes