Allan Perez

Nov 2, 2018
Either the path to the exe / save folder got non local character (anything not letter or number in your local setting language - like russian or Japanese on a latin-alphabet type computer setting).
Or your save itself is corrupted (back it up, delete the save folder, try to restart a game from scratch, save. Close the game, restart and try to load the save).
got it, how do i fix it if its the first?

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
If it's a better repack version, you should be able to just rename the folder to avoid the problem. Then you can execute the file "[BR] Koikatsu sunshine registry fixer" that will modify window registry so the game is registered at the new folder path.

Or if you really want to be sure or avoir problem do an uninstall and do a clean install at a new place after ....

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
usually the crashes are due to the fact that the game can not read well and since Windows has problems to read too long names is a good thing to change folder and shorten the name, for example I do so C: KKS BR R2.2
from what I've read you have problems with your saves, the first versions of BR did not have the Culture Patch and the saves made with this BR are all corrupt and then it is better to make a new game. and then in BR2.2 there are many new mods and in addition for now are not 100% stable and can give problems.
Is there anyway you can get the guide Hiakri's KK card ?
in your room go to BOOKING/GUIDE/APPERANCE and you can save it

Can you insert the card from the original koikatsu too in this game?
yes, if they are original there are no problems, if they are modded goes to luck.

Tressk

Sep 20, 2021
i drag and drop girl's cards into the game's character creator but the result doesn't have boobs! only clothes do. Help!

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
i drag and drop girl's cards into the game's character creator but the result doesn't have boobs! only clothes do. Help!
this is a problem that happens to me with the overlay textures of the clothes, to solve the problem you have to remove the textures.

Reactions: Tressk

DoHiro

Nov 14, 2020
Can somebody tell me why the game is in Japanese again after the update ?
And possibly tell me the solution for this ?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I finally gave the game a chance despite my original plan to wait for potential official, or at least attempted human fan, translation, but I can't open the settings. It plays the jingle sound like it would when opening the menu, but nothing happens besides that sound. Other than that, no issues. The volume settings are the biggest issue, I need that menu to deal with volume settings as I typically lower any music or ambient sound that isn't handled by the voice settings so I can hear when a girl is near. It was a trick I used in the original Koikatsu when looking for specific girls since they all had different sounds while walking even if they shared some of them.

EDIT: Okay, it WAS my only issue, just came across another one I haven't seen since AI Shoujo. I was talking to a girl and I was suddenly left with no options. The only difference between previous talk interactions and this one was that I had prayed before at the shrine and gained the "ask for sex bonus" as it is called in Cheat Tools as well as cheating 100 points. It isn't frozen, she's just staring at me with no way out of the conversation and no way to move it forward. The music is still going and so is the scenery behind her. This MIGHT be a bug that Illusion would have to patch, possibly in the bonus I gained or the actions it is meant to be a bonus to, though this bonus sounds more like something I have to start an action to use, not one that triggers from something she does, so it shouldn't have been the bonus. It could be the points I cheated, but again unlikely. I CAN exit the game normally, but that is the only normal function I have when it does this. I'm going to try from my autosave to see if it was maybe something I did.

EDIT2: Also having a crash if I rapidly toggle the teleport menu (F3). I didn't do it intentionally, my fingers occasionally bounce on the keys, causing a double press, which in this case toggled the teleport menu. I'm going to give this another couple versions to see if there are any fixes in any part of the repack.

Last edited:

redpenguin101

Feb 19, 2019
Hey is the English translation still just MTL or are people actually going to do a proper translation? I only ask because whilst this game looks pretty cool I just can't play MTL games as they always have immersion breaking grammar and bizarre dialogue.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Hey is the English translation still just MTL or are people actually going to do a proper translation? I only ask because whilst this game looks pretty cool I just can't play MTL games as they always have immersion breaking grammar and bizarre dialogue.
It is MTL, pretty sure some of it might be edited considering some lines I ran into before my issues came up in the game sounded almost perfect. The best chance Illusion games have to get a human translation in the post-Hongfire days is if they sell well enough that Illusion considers a western release, in which case they will do an official translation.

Lateralus1337

Oct 3, 2019
It is MTL, pretty sure some of it might be edited considering some lines I ran into before my issues came up in the game sounded almost perfect. The best chance Illusion games have to get a human translation in the post-Hongfire days is if they sell well enough that Illusion considers a western release, in which case they will do an official translation.
Machine translation is great. "Time for jolly cooperation" when asked for sex. Nearly spilled my coffee

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
So is there any news or rumors about Illusion's next game?
Nothing yet. They're just about to release an expension (*cough*) for the game.
Since usually they release 2-3 expension before the next big game, the best ETA for new about the new project would be next year - unless they don't intend to spend more time on KKS and you'd have to wait at least till summer for news.

Usually, it's MTL except for menu and story text. Since each personality have fixed line, you can end up having a full fan translation if they can bother . But KKS after KK ? I doubt they'll do it...

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Machine translation is great. "Time for jolly cooperation" when asked for sex. Nearly spilled my coffee
I think I saw that come up in the H subs for the original Koikatsu jut the other day, all I remember is having to give my PC a cleaning from my spit take. Some of the things the machine puts out are hilarious, though it would help if they were a bit more comprehensible. I could guess the context based on the situation, but it is nice not to have to, or worse, to have to try and piece together those lines that are so broken that the original Japanese would have been easier to understand.

Nothing yet. They're just about to release an expension (*cough*) for the game.
Since usually they release 2-3 expension before the next big game, the best ETA for new about the new project would be next year - unless they don't intend to spend more time on KKS and you'd have to wait at least till summer for news.

Usually, it's MTL except for menu and story text. Since each personality have fixed line, you can end up having a full fan translation if they can bother . But KKS after KK ? I doubt they'll do it...
I doubt they're just going to drop Koikatsu Sunshine without an expansion, I've never seen them do that and this isn't as messy as AI Shoujo, which is the only game where I could even see justification for dropping it without DLC and that justification came AFTER the first DLC was added, when performance tanked hard even on the best machines.

I actually don't doubt they would translate Koikatsu Sunshine, this is an entirely different game and they seem to still be interested in the western market, which does require they translate since the west doesn't have a Japanese speaking country, by which I mean a large enough population in any country for Japanese to be considered a language spoken there. Even the US, which has people capable of speaking it, isn't considered a Japanese speaking country since the population of Japanese speakers there is much smaller than the native language population, the English speaking portion of the US population. It depends entirely on if Koikatsu Sunshine hits sales goals and other projected goals that they would look at when deciding whether to expand the sale area for the game.

Look at both Koikatsu and AI Shoujo, both sold well enough that they chose to expand their market to the west for the first time since the original Honey Select, which is a good three to four year gap of no sales to the west. There was also talk of Honey Select 2 getting a western release as recent as last December. Koikatsu Sunshine hasn't had the time it needs to be judged on whether it is worth a western release, so it just needs more time. I would give it by this time next year before making any determination that it won't be sold to the west.

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
I think I saw that come up in the H subs for the original Koikatsu jut the other day, all I remember is having to give my PC a cleaning from my spit take. Some of the things the machine puts out are hilarious, though it would help if they were a bit more comprehensible. I could guess the context based on the situation, but it is nice not to have to, or worse, to have to try and piece together those lines that are so broken that the original Japanese would have been easier to understand.

I doubt they're just going to drop Koikatsu Sunshine without an expansion, I've never seen them do that and this isn't as messy as AI Shoujo, which is the only game where I could even see justification for dropping it without DLC and that justification came AFTER the first DLC was added, when performance tanked hard even on the best machines.

I actually don't doubt they would translate Koikatsu Sunshine, this is an entirely different game and they seem to still be interested in the western market, which does require they translate since the west doesn't have a Japanese speaking country, by which I mean a large enough population in any country for Japanese to be considered a language spoken there. Even the US, which has people capable of speaking it, isn't considered a Japanese speaking country since the population of Japanese speakers there is much smaller than the native language population, the English speaking portion of the US population. It depends entirely on if Koikatsu Sunshine hits sales goals and other projected goals that they would look at when deciding whether to expand the sale area for the game.

Look at both Koikatsu and AI Shoujo, both sold well enough that they chose to expand their market to the west for the first time since the original Honey Select, which is a good three to four year gap of no sales to the west. There was also talk of Honey Select 2 getting a western release as recent as last December. Koikatsu Sunshine hasn't had the time it needs to be judged on whether it is worth a western release, so it just needs more time. I would give it by this time next year before making any determination that it won't be sold to the west.
for AI Shojo it's a pity it went like that (there are good ideas) HS2 after seeing it I never expected much (it's the copy of HS) Koikatsu Sunshine as you said depends on sales, but do not forget the fans and those who follow it, after all even STN in koikatsu has done many translations. Illusion I do not know what he wants to do, but for April there is an expansion but anyway we still need time

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
for AI Shojo it's a pity it went like that (there are good ideas) HS2 after seeing it I never expected much (it's the copy of HS) Koikatsu Sunshine as you said depends on sales, but do not forget the fans and those who follow it, after all even STN in koikatsu has done many translations. Illusion I do not know what he wants to do, but for April there is an expansion but anyway we still need time
That is true, I was just thinking back in Koikatsu's early days. There was like one hand translation effort that never did more than two or three personalities. I keep forgetting the translations that pop up in the change logs for Better Repack, though I'm not exactly sure what those entail since it only gives a small amount of information.

2.80 star(s) 16 Votes