scarlettyoung

Please read my profile post :)
Game Developer
May 29, 2019
Hey Scarlett,

I'm sure you have heard this 100 times already, but shouldn't the backer boots be "Boots of Hermes" or "Wings of Icarus" not Boots of Icarus? I know your game takes a pretty liberal artistic license with greek mythology, but that name just stood out as odd to me.

Other than that it looks like you have enough bug fixes and new content in this release to warrant a download and try from me again. I'm looking forward to seeing the fruits of your recent labors.
You are actually the first to mention it, but the change was in the latest update so that's probably why. And yes, you're right of course. It should be Wings of Icarus except Kronos killed Icarus and had him turned into a nice pair of boots.

Seriously though, that's a good catch. And it doesn't really make sense that a pair of boots is a Titan Power anyway. Like it should be something like "Wind of Icarus" at least to indicate the player is drawing from some godly power. But then, the flatulent jokes... Hmm, the flatulent jokes! Thank you!

I appreciate you giving it another go. If you're still not enjoying it, try again in a few months when I hopefully have the companion system running. Lots of fun "Slut Skills" in the works to put those sexy girls to good use.

Tanliarian

May 3, 2017
I'm not 100% sure what's going on, but I can't make any of the downloads run. No error messages or anything, it just doesn't run.

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
I'm not 100% sure what's going on, but I can't make any of the downloads run. No error messages or anything, it just doesn't run.
Have you tried ktt.exe as well? Also, what filepath are you running the game from?

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
You are actually the first to mention it, but the change was in the latest update so that's probably why. And yes, you're right of course. It should be Wings of Icarus except Kronos killed Icarus and had him turned into a nice pair of boots.

Seriously though, that's a good catch. And it doesn't really make sense that a pair of boots is a Titan Power anyway. Like it should be something like "Wind of Icarus" at least to indicate the player is drawing from some godly power. But then, the flatulent jokes... Hmm, the flatulent jokes! Thank you!

I appreciate you giving it another go. If you're still not enjoying it, try again in a few months when I hopefully have the companion system running. Lots of fun "Slut Skills" in the works to put those sexy girls to good use.
Oh don't worry about my enjoying your game. I typically do. Just because I think there may be room for improvement doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it. But I don't typically bother with *every* release of the games I download here. I typically wait until I see a fair number of bug fixes and new content before trying again. Otherwise after a while I find myself burning out on a game after restarting it again and again and again - plus it saves on my bandwidth on the download sites.

• Red Heart
Reactions: scarlettyoung

Tanliarian

May 3, 2017
I have tried ktt.exe, it asks if I am an adult, and immediately crashes when I select adult. each .exe file paths correctly to itself. There were no flags on my antivirus, and even after specifically adding an exception for each .exe, it still doesn't work. its a bummer :/ the game looks really fun

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
I have tried ktt.exe, it asks if I am an adult, and immediately crashes when I select adult. each .exe file paths correctly to itself. There were no flags on my antivirus, and even after specifically adding an exception for each .exe, it still doesn't work. its a bummer :/ the game looks really fun
What is the specific filepath you are running the game from? For example: C:/games/ktt

• Sad
Reactions: TokyoR

Tanliarian

May 3, 2017
C:\Users\ttsmi\Documents\Woot\KronosTimeTitan-v0.890.2 for kronostimetitan.exe

C:\Users\ttsmi\Documents\Woot\KronosTimeTitan-v0.890.2\game for ktt.exe

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
C:\Users\ttsmi\Documents\Woot\KronosTimeTitan-v0.890.2 for kronostimetitan.exe

C:\Users\ttsmi\Documents\Woot\KronosTimeTitan-v0.890.2\game for ktt.exe
Try running from a folder not under your user account. There have been issues with running from desktop and documents folders, because those folders have special permissions meant for storing personal documents, not running games.

As a test, try unzipping the game into C:\games\ktt and see if it will run from there.

Tanliarian

May 3, 2017
I tried running it from the downloads folder, as well as from its own separate games folder C:\Games and neither location will run. It also doesn't appear to be a background process; the files can be readily moved or deleted.

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
I tried running it from the downloads folder, as well as from its own separate games folder C:\Games and neither location will run. It also doesn't appear to be a background process; the files can be readily moved or deleted.
What files are in the save folder?

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
The only file in the folder is save.bak
Okay, that tells me the game is crashing while trying to create the main save file. There must be some sort of permission issue going on. I will have to look into it more.

Tanliarian

May 3, 2017
Okay, that tells me the game is crashing while trying to create the main save file. There must be some sort of permission issue going on. I will have to look into it more.
I have Bullguard Antivirus, it is triggered by ren'py .exe files quite often (I know this isn't ren'py, just giving a bit of background). On a whim I tried running your game as Admin; same issues encountered. I can't think of much else that's relevant.

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
I have Bullguard Antivirus, it is triggered by ren'py .exe files quite often (I know this isn't ren'py, just giving a bit of background). On a whim I tried running your game as Admin; same issues encountered. I can't think of much else that's relevant.
Just as an experiment, try renaming save.bak to save.data to see what happens.

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
I did try this, and this did not work unfortunately. On a whim I also copied the file so each file was present in the folder, also did not work.
DM me your computer specs, Windows version, and DirectX version and I'll look into it further.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
I admit I tried to play for a some half and hour or so, do I understand correctly, that there is no sexual contents yet (even with the patch installed, it does not seem to have any of that), aside the stripping part ?

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
I admit I tried to play for a some half and hour or so, do I understand correctly, that there is no sexual contents yet (even with the patch installed, it does not seem to have any of that), aside the stripping part ?
All of the screenshots from the OP (and more) are in the game currently, so if you consider those to be sexual content, then yes. I've added a quest log, which is being expanded with every new update, to get you pointed in the right direction. So if you're trying to get to the sexy stuff, check the quest scroll button.

The maps are a little on the large side, and future timelines are being developed with smaller maps to make it less effort to get to different locations. Eventually, the current timeline maps will also be reduced in size as well.

See if you can find Arethusa (the girl roaming around in the blue dress in Greece) for some easier, quick content to get you started. The update coming out later today (possibly tomorrow) is focused on the new facial expression system, but it has some new quest log information as well, but I'll make sure the update after that has some to cover the major content right now.

Reactions: ouch2020

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
Version 0.891.0 (Finally, Expressions!)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
SPECIAL NOTE: This update is compatible with recent save files. Please use the RESET GIRLS' CLOTHES option from the main menu to synchronize the new character expression system.

The character display system has been upgraded to allow for custom outfits and facial expressions to be displayed and changed at any moment, so characters can react during dialogue and wardrobe changes are instant!

Currently, Hestia's dialogue has been upgraded to use this new expression system, and the other characters will be upgraded in the next few updates!

2.60 star(s) 71 Votes