Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
Let me know if you're able to send a short video of the lag between steps and I'll be happy to look into it.
I could, but honestly that's not the main issue. The main issue is that you have to use the numbered patterns on the floor to move in villages. Not gonna cry for 0.5 sec of delay after each step. That's just a minor annoyance compared to the main point : I just want to go to point A to point B with a click or 2, not 15 because I have to respect the numbers on the floor that have no purpose outside of combat.
Which by the way gave me another idea : I think these numbers on the floor, even when they have a purpose kinda break the immersion : I want to feel like a time traveler God, not some guy playing a board game. So do you think it would be possible to replace the numbers by colored transparent zones indicating where the MC can choose to move ? You know like in most tactical RPGs ? This way there would just be a few colored squares around the MC, and the rest of the map would be clean and you could watch the scenery without seeing numbers everywhere. I would enjoy that. I could post screenshots of this from other games in case I'm not clear. Let me know.

scarlettyoung

Please read my profile post :)
Game Developer
May 29, 2019
I could, but honestly that's not the main issue. The main issue is that you have to use the numbered patterns on the floor to move in villages. Not gonna cry for 0.5 sec of delay after each step. That's just a minor annoyance compared to the main point : I just want to go to point A to point B with a click or 2, not 15 because I have to respect the numbers on the floor that have no purpose outside of combat.
Which by the way gave me another idea : I think these numbers on the floor, even when they have a purpose kinda break the immersion : I want to feel like a time traveler God, not some guy playing a board game. So do you think it would be possible to replace the numbers by colored transparent zones indicating where the MC can choose to move ? You know like in most tactical RPGs ? This way there would just be a few colored squares around the MC, and the rest of the map would be clean and you could watch the scenery without seeing numbers everywhere. I would enjoy that. I could post screenshots of this from other games in case I'm not clear. Let me know.
The ability to move continuously outside of combat will be remedied when the companions update is released.

As for changing the numbers to colored squares, that's not a bad idea. I don't recall initially why I went with numbers but much has changed since the first iteration of the strategic battle map system was added. I will probably have the colored squares added in the next update. Thanks for the idea!

P.S. Also why it's usually best to be friendly with devs because they often want to hear how to make their game better but don't want to be insulted in the process.

Reactions: Kryptozoid

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
The ability to move continuously outside of combat will be remedied when the companions update is released.

As for changing the numbers to colored squares, that's not a bad idea. I don't recall initially why I went with numbers but much has changed since the first iteration of the strategic battle map system was added. I will probably have the colored squares added in the next update. Thanks for the idea!

P.S. Also why it's usually best to be friendly with devs because they often want to hear how to make their game better but don't want to be insulted in the process.
You're welcome and I'm very happy about this idea being present in next update (or the one after that, I won't hold you accountable if it's later than expected, I know game dev is not a straight line progress). Also, I don't aim to be insulting (and if I am it's most of the time against forum members that are not devs, because I know it's not easy being a dev), I just tend not to wrap my criticisms with layers of flowers and go straight to the point or try to demonstrate using absurd examples, or irony, which sometimes can feel insulting to some, but I think this is more impactful. At the end of the day, any dev is the master of the evolution of his game, I just try my best to be heard, then it's his choice.

Reactions: scarlettyoung

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
You're welcome and I'm very happy about this idea being present in next update (or the one after that, I won't hold you accountable if it's later than expected, I know game dev is not a straight line progress). Also, I don't aim to be insulting (and if I am it's most of the time against forum members that are not devs, because I know it's not easy being a dev), I just tend not to wrap my criticisms with layers of flowers and go straight to the point or try to demonstrate using absurd examples, or irony, which sometimes can feel insulting to some, but I think this is more impactful. At the end of the day, any dev is the master of the evolution of his game, I just try my best to be heard, then it's his choice.
Totally valid point of view. For me, I don't block/ignore people because they hurt my feelings or I don't want to hear criticism. I do it merely because I don't have time to wade through nonsense to get to something helpful. So before I ignore someone I ask myself one thing, "Could this person possibly help me make the game better in any way?" If the answer is no, then they have to go. If someone tells me the game is complete garbage and should be remade in another engine or they think it's worth only 1-star, considering how many zero-effort games are floating around, well there's nothing useful for me there. I've already addressed that in the so there's no point in me arguing with someone over it.

I'm glad you took the time to have a conversation with me and didn't just leave a nasty review, because you had a really good idea about changing the movement tiles and it's nice to know what is working for players and what needs improvement.

If you do ever have a moment to take a video of that step lag you mentioned, I would like to stamp that out as well.

Reactions: Kryptozoid

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
If you do ever have a moment to take a video of that step lag you mentioned, I would like to stamp that out as well.
I am super busy using my comp for other things, if I ever do it, it will be next time I try your game, which most likely will be when you release next update.

Reactions: scarlettyoung
Sep 26, 2018
The fact that I have to start again everytime this game updates is incredibly tedious (expecially cuz with the new level system there is a ton of mindless grinding to do).
Isn't there a way to prevent that?

Reactions: B10

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
The fact that I have to start again everytime this game updates is incredibly tedious (expecially cuz with the new level system there is a ton of mindless grinding to do).
Isn't there a way to prevent that?
You almost never have to start again when the game is updated. Since the game is a non-linear sandbox and not a chapter-based VN, new content will often affect other content, even in other time periods. So sometimes you have to reset the timelines because I've added content which won't load until the timeline is refreshed, but you still don't lose your items, energy, currency, experience points, levels, girls collected, etc. A couple of updates ago I did have to warn users that the game would not be compatible with older saves because a major new system was added to the game: experience and leveling up, but this is rare. In any case, I always include a note at the top of the release notes on the website and the game launcher if an update is going to require a time reset in order to load the new content, or if an old save file is incompatible.

B10

Jun 25, 2017
This game just needs to get hacked or the creator needs to deliver a save file, it asks for it. It's stupid that you can restart everytime and it grinds this hard.

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
my game crashes immediately upon launch anyone else have this issue and find a fix?
how do I play this game, because as soon as it opens, shortly after it closes by itself
Report your issue on the Discord server and I'll see what I can do to help. I'm not here as often and it's easier to troubleshoot start-up issues on a platform designed for realtime communication.

2.60 star(s) 71 Votes