capitanqueso

Jul 6, 2019
so... anyone has a fix to the constant froze after a kill? I think I hear a click sound (after clicking several times left mouse button) like some window oppening up but nothing shows, Does this game needs a specific resolution to work? what's supposedly happen after killing all the wolves? Maybe there lays the issue

Aug 5, 2017
Regarding the back/undo option, my original vision was to stray away from the need to constantly undo a dialogue choice, instead allowing players to play out their choices to the end and then rewind time to try a different approach if they want. For example, choosing the "wrong" dialogue option with Arethusa makes her run away from you. If a player had the option to immediately undo that choice and select something different, they might never know that following Arethusa and attempting to talk to her again reveals a Titan Power can be used to "catch" her, which leads to a completely different scene from the so-called "correct" dialogue choice. It does take a little getting used to when a player is accustomed the way RenPy does it, but I feel like this design fits nicely with the time travel Titan Powers theme, while also allowing players to try different things to see how they fully play out.

Also, there will be more and more situations added where a player will need a dialogue to go a certain way to achieve one goal, then will need to rewind time and have the dialogue go a different way to achieve a different goal. This just isn't possible if players are constantly concerned with selecting the dialogue choices with the "best" outcome.
The only problem with this is the current implementation of time travel is a massive reset and you have to redo everything (for that age and beyond) each time. To try another choice you're right back to slaughtering wolves in ancient greece. Something akin to Time Loop Hunter's branching timeline saves would be a godsend (pun intended) for a titan with the power to manipulate time and encourage the kind of experimentation with choices that you're going for.

On the slim chance you've not played that (or if anyone hasn't, i recommend it) it's a loop of a few days with a ton of different activities and you can't do all of them at once because they're mutually exclusive. Instead of having to restart from the beginning each time you follow a new lead/storyline the game lets you save your exact choices up to that point and come back when you've unlocked more skills/knowledge to continue. Jumping to a parallel timeline where you let a girl get hit by a car so you have an 'in' at the hospital to continue your investigations then back to one where you rescued her to followup that story without having to go through days of setup over and over again makes it a really snappy game.

minimajk2115

Nov 23, 2017
I tried update to 897.3 and i have this "Initialisation (settings) file either doesn't exist, has a permission issue or is not readable

Reactions: Niox90

scarlettyoung

Please read my profile post :)
Game Developer
May 29, 2019
so... anyone has a fix to the constant froze after a kill? I think I hear a click sound (after clicking several times left mouse button) like some window oppening up but nothing shows, Does this game needs a specific resolution to work? what's supposedly happen after killing all the wolves? Maybe there lays the issue
The wolves are assholes and I'm getting rid of MOST of them very soon. Are you experiencing issues killing any of the other enemies?

The only problem with this is the current implementation of time travel is a massive reset and you have to redo everything (for that age and beyond) each time.
I appreciate your suggestions and will take a look at the game you mentioned. I do want to express that rewinding time is an important part of allowing players to experiment with "bad" choices, as opposed to undoing a dialogue suggestion the moment it proves to be "incorrect" to progress. It sounds like the game you mentioned is a RenPy visual novel, and Kronos Time Titan is definitely not a VN. The branching points and jumping back to those branches does sound like it works for that game, but I don't believe it would fit within the design plans I have for Kronos, which includes a number of features which haven't even been added yet.

Point well taken on the resurrecting wolves and having to deal with them. They will be drastically reduced very soon, and replaced by new enemies. Players shouldn't be forced into fighting enemies they have already killed in a previous time rewind, and in most cases they can be avoided on the map as players can move many more spaces than the enemies. Even running into an enemy does not require one to fight them. Players can simply exit the edge of the map, and once you unlock the SpeedForce power you can run off the map before an enemy can even move.

Because this is not a visual novel, and there are D&D-style strategic battle maps to fight on, it is important to allow players the opportunity to re-fight enemies after they have been killed and "resurrected" in order to either farm money, energy, and experience, or use SoulSteal on certain enemies to take back to the castle. Again, I'll check out your game suggestion, but I just don't think it's a good fit for Kronos.

Zoe door quest is still bugged for me on the latest version.
Could you tell me a little more about what's going on?

minimajk2115

Nov 23, 2017
I tried update to 897.3 and i have this "Initialisation (settings) file either doesn't exist, has a permission issue or is not readable
Pls someone can help me because of that i can't do Zoe Door quest i give her 3 times doors and she still asking for door

DeyoZero

Jul 9, 2020
Pls someone can help me because of that i can't do Zoe Door quest i give her 3 times doors and she still asking for door
Did you install the game in a location where it will have write access? If you drop it in "C:\Program Files\", it will fail to update, and may not even be able to read any files added later. Try creating a new folder like "C:\Games\" and moving Kronos into that folder.

fengyuan

Jun 8, 2021
你不是在談論這樣的事情,是嗎?那真的會扭曲。
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

謝謝你讓我知道!你最感興趣的故事情節是什麼?

我被你覆蓋了...

0.897.3(0 天錯誤修復 #2)
  • 固定的
    • 在 Zoe 的小屋安裝門以及從 Hydna 購買門時的附加修復。
[/引用]
I would never wished for something so nice like this...i mean, twisted like this...

What should I do to have a relationship with the girl in the castle?

scarlettyoung

Please read my profile post :)
Game Developer
May 29, 2019
Let's try this again... after it get less bug
Just released update with a lot of fixes.
0.897.4 Changelog
  • New Content
    • New Enemy: Wood Nymph
    • New dialogue in a variety of locations.
  • Changes:
    • Added new world map tokens to indicate if a wolf encounter will have 1, 2, or 3 wolves in it.
    • Removed wolves from Salem 1969
    • Removed duplicate “Rogue” from both Greece maps so players will only encounter the Rogue one time.
    • Killing the Rogue in Greece 1669 will now remove him from 1668.
    • Removed Tituba as a free-roaming enemy in Salem 1692 (she can still be found in 1969)
    • Removed “The Thief” from the Greek village in 1668 BC (she can still be found in the village in 1669 BC).
  • Fixed
    • Serious problems with wolf enemy crossover between timelines. All wolf enemies are now unique.
    • Tituba would not disappear from the map after being killed.
    • Hera would not disappear from the map after being killed (if that’s even possible).
    • Enemies would not return to proper space after an attack.
    • Age adjusted characters would not display the age properly if an age was referenced more than once in the same paragraph.
    • Typos.

Reactions: Kak99

Kak99

Jan 23, 2018
Just released update with a lot of fixes.
0.897.4 Changelog
  • New Content
    • New Enemy: Wood Nymph
    • New dialogue in a variety of locations.
  • Changes:
    • Added new world map tokens to indicate if a wolf encounter will have 1, 2, or 3 wolves in it.
    • Removed wolves from Salem 1969
    • Removed duplicate “Rogue” from both Greece maps so players will only encounter the Rogue one time.
    • Killing the Rogue in Greece 1669 will now remove him from 1668.
    • Removed Tituba as a free-roaming enemy in Salem 1692 (she can still be found in 1969)
    • Removed “The Thief” from the Greek village in 1668 BC (she can still be found in the village in 1669 BC).
  • Fixed
    • Serious problems with wolf enemy crossover between timelines. All wolf enemies are now unique.
    • Tituba would not disappear from the map after being killed.
    • Hera would not disappear from the map after being killed (if that’s even possible).
    • Enemies would not return to proper space after an attack.
    • Age adjusted characters would not display the age properly if an age was referenced more than once in the same paragraph.
    • Typos.
I somehow stuck at the warning screen even after delete the game and re download it

polynerph

Apr 30, 2017
So much potential locked behind a bad "game" design.
Even the game design is good, it's just the way that it's implemented that is bad.
Maybe polish the UI a bit?

EDIT:
I thought to myself that maybe I should be a bit more clear on what I'm saying so here are my thoughts:
1.The UI needs polish: Currently it's overloaded and clunky.

2.Freedom should be given to the player but the player shouldn't feel lost, instead of writing a two paragraph tutorial, the dev should come up with a way to simplify the game mechanics without hurting the RPG elements of the game.

3.Reduce the grind. At this point it's comparable to Warframe!

Last edited:
Reactions: TokyoR and StarHam

GasLighter69

Dec 30, 2020
Can anyone provide a save? I was stuck at installing the door for Zoe, the game always crashes everytime I try to install the door for her, and everytime I talk with the seller in 1960s

Last edited:
2.60 star(s) 71 Votes