scarlettyoung

Please read my profile post :)
Game Developer
May 29, 2019
To be fair, I'd rather they do that than keep chipping my health while they're in killable state. Still, it would help if they were reduced to half speed or something.
That's a great idea. Watch for that update soon.

Reactions: Narfbat

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Out of curiosity I checked this out and, as I suspected, both the save.data and save.old give an "Unsupported format" error. But closet.save does load, although that's not really much use for what was requested.

Maybe next time you decide to recommend that site for a game you should actually check first to make sure that it will work? :rolleyes:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Out of curiosity I checked this out and, as I suspected, both the save.data and save.old give an "Unsupported format" error. But closet.save does load, although that's not really much use for what was requested.

Maybe next time you decide to recommend that site for a game you should actually check first to make sure that it will work? :rolleyes:
It worked for me when I played over a year ago, have not played in a long time.

May have to try this again and see whats up.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
It worked for me when I played over a year ago, have not played in a long time.

May have to try this again and see whats up.
Well the site itself clearly states:
It's a most simple and powerful tool for a lot jrpg and visual novels. Currently supports *.rvdata2, *.rpgsave, *.dat, *.sav, *.save, *.rsv, *.qsp, *.rvdata, *.rxdata, *.lsd, *.sol files.
Since you haven't played in over a year then maybe they simply stopped supporting the *.data format at some point in the last 12+ months. *shrug*

Not going to play guessing games as to what file formats the site used to support over a year ago! As of now that site no longer supports the *.data format, so there's no point telling anyone to use that site to edit their save games for KTT. Obviously if you want to check it out then you're perfectly welcome to go ahead.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
I seem to have encountered a rather weird bug. I travelled to Salem 1692 and, after freeing Helda I went to the town to save Mercy. I started combat, killed all the male enemies and then proceeded to kill the females. When I attacked the last female and went to use the "Kill" option, my companion died instead of the townswoman! I've tried the "Rewind" option to reset the timeline but, even though the timeline is reset I no longer have a companion. I can travel to different locations but, if I enter any sort of combat I am unable to move after killing the enemy and I have to use the "Travel" option on the left to leave. I've tried going to the End of Time and visiting Castle Kronus. All the females that I've captured are there (or in the courtyard area) but there's no sign of the companion that you start the game with.

I haven't tried to do anything else, but other than completely restarting I can't seem to find any way of getting the companion back. I upgraded to v0.908 yesterday and I continued with my save game from the previous version. Any help, suggestions and/or advice on how to solve/fix this would be appreciated, or is my save game somehow screwed and I'll have to start completely fresh?

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
I seem to have encountered a rather weird bug. I travelled to Salem 1692 and, after freeing Helda I went to the town to save Mercy. I started combat, killed all the male enemies and then proceeded to kill the females. When I attacked the last female and went to use the "Kill" option, my companion died instead of the townswoman! I've tried the "Rewind" option to reset the timeline but, even though the timeline is reset I no longer have a companion. I can travel to different locations but, if I enter any sort of combat I am unable to move after killing the enemy and I have to use the "Travel" option on the left to leave. I've tried going to the End of Time and visiting Castle Kronus. All the females that I've captured are there (or in the courtyard area) but there's no sign of the companion that you start the game with.

I haven't tried to do anything else, but other than completely restarting I can't seem to find any way of getting the companion back. I upgraded to v0.908 yesterday and I continued with my save game from the previous version. Any help, suggestions and/or advice on how to solve/fix this would be appreciated, or is my save game somehow screwed and I'll have to start completely fresh?
Oh wow. That is a strange one. I'll try and see if I can recreate that issue.

So there's good news and bad news. The good news is that once the Companion system is finished (something I've been working on most recently) you'll be able to change your primary companion to one of the other girls you've captured. When this happens, your old companion will just hang around the Castle, so if there is another bug that gets her killed she'll be back at the castle again when you switch.

The bads news is I do not currently have a way to fix this issue without the ability to change companions.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Oh wow. That is a strange one. I'll try and see if I can recreate that issue.

So there's good news and bad news. The good news is that once the Companion system is finished (something I've been working on most recently) you'll be able to change your primary companion to one of the other girls you've captured. When this happens, your old companion will just hang around the Castle, so if there is another bug that gets her killed she'll be back at the castle again when you switch.

The bads news is I do not currently have a way to fix this issue without the ability to change companions.
Yeah I kinda figured my save game was screwed! :cry: Still rather new to playing KTT and, therefore, still learning about it, but is there a method for starting a new game other than simply deleting the save game files? If I delete the save.data and save.old but keep the closet.save would I still have all the clothing items I'd found in this current game when starting a new game?

Probably gonna leave it a day or two before I actually do anything else, so I figure I'd best ask if you maybe wanted copies of my save files so that you could actually check them yourself in case you might be able to learn anything as to why this might have happened?

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
Yeah I kinda figured my save game was screwed! :cry: Still rather new to playing KTT and, therefore, still learning about it, but is there a method for starting a new game other than simply deleting the save game files? If I delete the save.data and save.old but keep the closet.save would I still have all the clothing items I'd found in this current game when starting a new game?

Probably gonna leave it a day or two before I actually do anything else, so I figure I'd best ask if you maybe wanted copies of my save files so that you could actually check them yourself in case you might be able to learn anything as to why this might have happened?
If you can send your save.data file, that would be great. As for starting a new game, the only way currently is to use the Delete All Save Data option from the main menu. The starter companion does provide hints for where to go next when early players are stuck, but otherwise provides no other benefit, so if you just want to play with her dead for now, and wait for the Slut Skills update to arrive, you'll be able to bring her back eventually.

Edit: And to answer your question, deleting the save.data will also wipe out your wardrobe, unfortunately.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
If you can send your save.data file, that would be great. As for starting a new game, the only way currently is to use the Delete All Save Data option from the main menu. The starter companion does provide hints for where to go next when early players are stuck, but otherwise provides no other benefit, so if you just want to play with her dead for now, and wait for the Slut Skills update to arrive, you'll be able to bring her back eventually.

Edit: And to answer your question, deleting the save.data will also wipe out your wardrobe, unfortunately.
I can certainly send you my save.data file, just need to know where to send it. Send me a PM or just let me know where to go looking to find out where to submit files to you.

When you say I'll be able to bring the starter companion back eventually that gives me the impression that I won't be able to do that when the Slut Skills update does arrive but it will be something that becomes available at a later date. Is that correct or am I just reading waaaay too much into that comment? :unsure:

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
I can certainly send you my save.data file, just need to know where to send it. Send me a PM or just let me know where to go looking to find out where to submit files to you.

When you say I'll be able to bring the starter companion back eventually that gives me the impression that I won't be able to do that when the Slut Skills update does arrive but it will be something that becomes available at a later date. Is that correct or am I just reading waaaay too much into that comment? :unsure:
As soon as the first set of Slut Skills are added you'll be able to swap between the starter companion and the girl with the slut skills and bring either of those characters back to life. Once the skills are added for each of the girls, they will be added to the roster of girls who can be selected as the companion.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
As soon as the first set of Slut Skills are added you'll be able to swap between the starter companion and the girl with the slut skills and bring either of those characters back to life. Once the skills are added for each of the girls, they will be added to the roster of girls who can be selected as the companion.
OK, so if I'm understanding that correctly I'll be able to swap to the girl with slut skills and then be able to bring my dead starter companion back to life? :unsure: That sounds really good, just hope that's not something that's going to take a few more months to be finalised! :cry: Sorry, no rush, take all the time you want/need to get it all working the way you want it to work! ;)

Oh, you seem to have missed letting me know where to send my save.data file to! :eek:

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
This game crashes every five minutes. I love this game but pisses me off that it is always prone to crashing.
I've been playing KTT for a couple months now and it's never crashed once! There could be any number of reasons why the game is crashing for you so much, but without any actual information there's not really much of anything that anyone could do to help!

Orion2112

Dec 7, 2019
I've been playing KTT for a couple months now and it's never crashed once! There could be any number of reasons why the game is crashing for you so much, but without any actual information there's not really much of anything that anyone could do to help!
I wish I had more information.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
I wish I had more information.
Well let's see, information like: where you were in the game; what you were doing; who you were talking to; what your system specs are; are all examples of information that only you can provide! *shrug*

Nov 26, 2021
Could someone who has a lot of experience playing this one give me some info

I see the prostitution tag so is this the mc whoring his women or is it just some Li also is this a mc only game where hes the only guy shown having sex, don't like prostitution or sharing or anything related so wanted to know before playing

Thanks for info

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Could someone who has a lot of experience playing this one give me some info

I see the prostitution tag so is this the mc whoring his women or is it just some Li also is this a mc only game where hes the only guy shown having sex, don't like prostitution or sharing or anything related so wanted to know before playing

Thanks for info
One of the LI is not a LI at the time of the prostitution event.
(This is the only prostitution event that I remember.)

I really don't want to spoil it for you so I will say no more.
I will put in one more word.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nov 26, 2021
One of the LI is not a LI at the time of the prostitution event.
(This is the only prostitution event that I remember.)

I really don't want to spoil it for you so I will say no more.
I will put in one more word.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well I like virgins, just don't like other guys involved, I appreciate your response, I'll have a try and see how it goes, thanks

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Woah, even more virus results then previous versions... with 10!
Maybe try using something that isn't known more for the amount of false positives it detects! :eek:

But seriously, this game is known to trigger a number of false positives with a variety of AV software. That's why there's a section about it in the OP, under the "Troubleshooting and Support" spoiler:
Antivirus
There are dozens of antivirus scanners in the digital world with varying degrees of accuracy. Because of this, I've decided to only guarantee a passing scan with Microsoft Defender, the default antivirus program that comes built-into Windows 10. If you have a different antivirus scanner and it flags the game or the launcher with a false positive, please upload a copy of the file being flagged to your AV using whatever method they suggest for additional scanning. You can also add ktt.exe and kronostimetitan.exe as exceptions. If you are concerned about the game having a virus, please scan it with Microsoft Defender.

If Microsoft Defender flags one of the game files, please report it to me right away and I will submit a copy of the latest exe files to Microsoft for additional review so they can whitelist the files. Thank you.
But of course you read all of that before you posted didn't you? :unsure:

2.60 star(s) 71 Votes