4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

Thjis

May 19, 2017
Getting errors when ever I try to click on an image. Installed it twice, both the game and the two latest mods. Anyone else having similar issues?
Going to see if I download the full game from mod page will fix this.

Last edited:

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
I'm starting to consider cuckold side quest is broken, the error won't let me continue playing.
Happened playing 0.34.7 and now I'm getting more or less the same in 0.34.8: once the scene ends, tries to start again but not getting the NPC properly.

Full error sequence as follows:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reloading to a previous save, (before starting the quest) and disabling "Breeder fetish desperation", will avoid starting this side quest?, or once started, how to bypass/ skip that scene?

TIA

Last edited:

LRKXXV

Apr 26, 2017
This error happens with any sitting character (the referred picture name, of course, changes to reflect the body type and tits size), when you move the mouse pointer on their name or when a crisis starts if the crisis has the character sitting:

This is with the latest development build installed of both the bugfix and mod.

edit:

I seem to have figured out the fix.

Changing debug.rpy line 91 to this fixed it:

mobile_zip_dict[self.position] = zipfile.ZipFile(self.filename, "a")
This is actually the same as it is in the vanilla game. The bugfix had "r" in the parenthesis, which seems to be the cause for the problem.

Last edited:

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
He doesn't. They're generated in game.
You wasted your first comment on an inaccuracy regarding something you clearly don't understand. The game does not generate the models, the game assembles the pre-rendered pieces (bodies, faces, hair, breasts, pubic area, clothing) of the models according to each characters' variables. The models were rendered by the dev in a 3D program outside the game using a procedural algorithm, then the images are stored in the game. It's a very clever system the dev developed to do it, and it highlights his strengths. It's similar in many ways to the images of FreeCities, if you know that game. Many of us wish he would run that procedure all over again with different (better) models and updating for new functionality. It's unlikely, as I'm sure it was a huge task, but some of the dev's comments a while back suggest he might do this once more for the finished version of the game once all variables have been defined.

xbeo

May 10, 2017
You wasted your first comment on an inaccuracy regarding something you clearly don't understand. The game does not generate the models, the game assembles the pre-rendered pieces (bodies, faces, hair, breasts, pubic area, clothing) of the models according to each characters' variables. The models were rendered by the dev in a 3D program outside the game using a procedural algorithm, then the images are stored in the game.
Completely true. Word.

It's a very clever system the dev developed to do it, and it highlights his strengths.
Sarcasm?

Many of us wish he would run that procedure all over again with different (better) models and updating for new functionality. It's unlikely, as I'm sure it was a huge task, but some of the dev's comments a while back suggest he might do this once more for the finished version of the game once all variables have been defined.
This shows how flawed this process is. If your asset pipeline literally takes years to produce new assets, you failed to deliver a working asset pipeline. If you do not know what an asset pipeline is, then you most likely come from the "modding scene" or something else but definitely not from the games industry where such problems were solved ages ago.

"Clever system" ..

Lou111

Jun 2, 2018
I KNOW this has been answered but I read back quite a bit and couldn't find it.

1. Is this a mod that can be applied to the latest original version?
2. Do I need to start a new game even if the previous save was modded?

Thanks team.

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
Completely true. Word.

Sarcasm?

This shows how flawed this process is. If your asset pipeline literally takes years to produce new assets, you failed to deliver a working asset pipeline. If you do not know what an asset pipeline is, then you most likely come from the "modding scene" or something else but definitely not from the games industry where such problems were solved ages ago.

"Clever system" ..
Do you mind enlightening me on what an asset pipeline is? I'm neither a modder or a industry employee. Just a hobbyist trying to learn what I can :)

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019

"Clever system" ..
This is a game put together by a single person. There's no reason to get snippy with a system that is in place that was done and works for a solo developer. This isn't the games business.

I KNOW this has been answered but I read back quite a bit and couldn't find it.

1. Is this a mod that can be applied to the latest original version?
2. Do I need to start a new game even if the previous save was modded?

Thanks team.
Along with Vren's versions, every jump in version numbering GENERALLY requires a new save game. This has to do with the language its coded in and the way that save games are currently stored. Sometimes we get lucky and things are compatible, but usually they are not. The current version of the mod appears to be holding up okay, but we are still testing it. Currently, installation of the mod also requires the bugfix in order to work properly.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
This error happens with any sitting character (the referred picture name, of course, changes to reflect the body type and tits size), when you move the mouse pointer on their name or when a crisis starts if the crisis has the character sitting:

This is with the latest development build installed of both the bugfix and mod.

edit:

I seem to have figured out the fix.

Changing debug.rpy line 91 to this fixed it:

This is actually the same as it is in the vanilla game. The bugfix had "r" in the parenthesis, which seems to be the cause for the problem.
The flag used opens the zipfile in 'additive' mode and allows for some kind of multi-threaded access, but slows down the interaction, the 'r' parameter is for read-only access, the bugfix now applies a thread lock around the actual access as should be done with any sparse resource on a multi-threaded application (you cannot read from disc simultaneously, it is always sequential). Although this is not VREN's fault, it's just a shortcoming in the python 2.7 zipFile implementation.

Aug 8, 2017
Do you mind enlightening me on what an asset pipeline is? I'm neither a modder or a industry employee. Just a hobbyist trying to learn what I can :)
Asset pipeline generally refers to the process of converting something from the format it was created in to a format that the game can actually use. For instance, most 3d artists use software like 3Ds Max, Maya, or Blender to create 3d models. They would then process the high-quality model to create normal maps from it before converting it into a version with fewer polygons. They'll create a UV map for the model to tell the computer what bit of texture goes to which section of model, and then a bunch of other steps I'm less familiar with. That whole process is called an asset pipeline.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
I don't know if this is because of the original dev or the modders, but the wardrobe function just keeps getting worse. It took me a bit to find the transparency button on the modded version when I first started playing, but once I did it worked like it did in whatever version of the base game .34.6 correlates to. Now it works differently in .34.8 and I can't make tastefully transparent (i.e. shirt is just transparent for the bra to be showing, stuff like that) outfits without the sluttiness value skyrocketing. If I want a super slutty outfit, I'll just make them a super slutty outfit.

Corrado

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
I don't know if this is because of the original dev or the modders, but the wardrobe function just keeps getting worse. It took me a bit to find the transparency button on the modded version when I first started playing, but once I did it worked like it did in whatever version of the base game .34.6 correlates to. Now it works differently in .34.8 and I can't make tastefully transparent (i.e. shirt is just transparent for the bra to be showing, stuff like that) outfits without the sluttiness value skyrocketing. If I want a super slutty outfit, I'll just make them a super slutty outfit.
The Mod's code has been changed to make it more realistic. Now transparency require some sluttiness level: wear clothes, wear transparent clothes, not wear clothes at all it's something different, right ?

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
The Mod's code has been changed to make it more realistic. Now transparency require some sluttiness level: wear clothes, wear transparent clothes, not wear clothes at all it's something different, right ?
That removes the entire point of the transparency though.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Knowing it could be interesting to have some content tied to usual getting transparent under conditions, humidity and termperature like the AC event.

Then, it make sense to tie transparency, more to see later on in any case.

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes