4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

ZL1

Feb 9, 2018
Still doesn't work on joiplay just tried a few hours ago with no go including the android port and the original non mod 39.3 android version with no go on both.
Ye same couldn't get both modded and unmodded to work on joiplay

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
Does anyone else's game randomly stop responding? Running 0.39.3 and the latest mod/bug fix
Yes. It's been a problem. Modders have been working on tracking it down and killing that bug. Hits different people differently, perhaps due to different memory profiles and/or hardware.

I seem to be pretty susceptible to it, so had been doing a lot of testing on it.

New BETA has a few changes that has improved stability (see top post of this thread, look for beta spoiler section). You might want to give it a go.

Seems to be directly related to drawing the girls, I get it most frequently with the preview associated with hovering over the list of girls in a room.

metallicaphil

Dec 14, 2017
Yes. It's been a problem. Modders have been working on tracking it down and killing that bug. Hits different people differently, perhaps due to different memory profiles and/or hardware.

I seem to be pretty susceptible to it, so had been doing a lot of testing on it.

New BETA has a few changes that has improved stability (see top post of this thread, look for beta spoiler section). You might want to give it a go.

Seems to be directly related to drawing the girls, I get it most frequently with the preview associated with hovering over the list of girls in a room.
that was much better, 2 hours without a crash. compared to every 10 minutes :)

Reactions: zenupstart

LRKXXV

Apr 26, 2017

I get this every other game day (so it's like somewhere between 6-10 turns depending on how many different characters I try to interact with) and I am using the latest beta. It's really annoying. It always happens when trying to click on a character, so it definitely has to do with the drawing of characters and related memory usage.

Lord Vader

May 5, 2020
Hello, I need your help! I am currently playing version v0.35.3.3. How can I update to v0.39.3.2 and still use my game saves?
I did several "Full Game Downloads" but then it crashes when loading the savegames.
I also tried with the two .zip files from the manual, which did not work either.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fapmigo

Feb 21, 2020
Hello, I need your help! I am currently playing version v0.35.3.3. How can I update to v0.39.3.2 and still use my game saves?
I did several "Full Game Downloads" but then it crashes when loading the savegames.
I also tried with the two .zip files from the manual, which did not work either.
One of the problem with Lab Rats updates is that you can never use your old saves because of modifications of the code, so you have to start a new game each times. Especially for this update as there's the new clarity thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZenGarden
Apr 21, 2018
Huh, downloaded bugfix dev branch: 6eb7093271bbfa762eababee704cba86427a605b and played for a while. Got an error in the hire screen as follows:

It only happens to some characters, and the image does exist in the zip file, unless there's unicode characters there or there's something I am missing on the syntax.

Edit: btw, I edited LadyStarbucks' NTR scripts to be standalone addons to my game, and it threw several exceptions regarding how Person object doesn't have throw clothes and change stat functions anymore. I don't know if I just haven't gotten the lastest file or what, but could someone please pass this along to Starbucks for debugging?

2nd Edit: the first seems to be a memory issue(?) It seems to happen because the game could render the character, which can be resolved by reloading the game. Might be an memory access issue, no idea.
The second is my bad -- turned out there's an person extension class I didn't notice, did some cleaning a decoupled the module.

Last edited:

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
The short answer is you simply can't.
The long answer: It would take way to much work. The save file format has changed since then because characters and clothing have more variables. In short you would have to know all those differences and manual edit the save files without making any mistakes. See short answer.

noinoi

Jun 19, 2017
Hello
I am in need of help :(
I updated my game from 39.1 to 39.3 than pasted the Mod folder in the game
Now if i try to start it i get the following:
(commenting that variable or the line of code in the file will not solve the issue, since it will happen again on the next line)
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Wardrobe_Extensions/wardrobe_preferences.rpy", line 1, in script
    init 0 python:
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Wardrobe_Extensions/wardrobe_preferences.rpy", line 4, in <module>
    class WardrobePreference():
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Wardrobe_Extensions/wardrobe_preferences.rpy", line 5, in WardrobePreference
    makeup_list = [light_eye_shadow, heavy_eye_shadow, blush, lipstick]
NameError: name 'light_eye_shadow' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Wardrobe_Extensions/wardrobe_preferences.rpy", line 1, in script
    init 0 python:
  File "C:\Users\Sergio\AppData\Network\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 927, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Sergio\AppData\Network\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Wardrobe_Extensions/wardrobe_preferences.rpy", line 4, in <module>
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Wardrobe_Extensions/wardrobe_preferences.rpy", line 5, in WardrobePreference
NameError: name 'light_eye_shadow' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Sat May 01 00:00:31 2021

here the lines of code of that file

hide_ass_list = [lace_skirt, long_skirt, lab_coat, suitpants, long_tshirt, camisole]

Can anyone help me?

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Hello
I am in need of help :(
I updated my game from 39.1 to 39.3 than pasted the Mod folder in the game
Now if i try to start it i get the following:
(commenting that variable or the line of code in the file will not solve the issue, since it will happen again on the next line)
It might help to include a little more information such as did you install the release mod or laterst release
Also are you trying to load files from the 38.1 and earlier. If so I don't think they work with the latest releases.

noinoi

Jun 19, 2017
It might help to include a little more information such as did you install the release mod or laterst release
Also are you trying to load files from the 38.1 and earlier. If so I don't think they work with the latest releases.
sorry for the missing details....and thanks for the quick reply :)
I installed the latest release.
The issue happens when i try to start the game, right after the image loading, before i can load anything.
My only saves are from 39.1.....but i do not think that it matters much, since i do not reach a point where i can load them

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
The issue happens when i try to start the game, right after the image loading, before i can load anything.
My only saves are from 39.1.....but i do not think that it matters much, since i do not reach a point where i can load them
Mind me asking how you updated to 39.3 did you use the link on the developers patreon page or use the patch I made or the patch they have on the front page of this forum?

This is the link to my patch and bug fix. https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/04/1191521_UpdateBugfix39.3.zip
It updates from 39.1 to 39.3 then fixes a few actual bugs that weren't fixed by the developer. It doesn't apply any other mods.
It was on the primary LR2 forum.

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
The savegames between v0.39.1 -> v0.39.2 -> v0.39.3 are not compatible with each other. Usually you will see a warning like this: LR2 Warning.jpg
What I can't see is whether the bugfix is installed. The mod needs the associated bugfix to work. That would be the other possibility why you get error messages.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes