4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Holy fuck no wonder this mod has so many bugs and install issues.

Install issues and confusion
If we look at the patch / bug fix I posted on LR2's forum it does just that it simply updates the files that are different from 39.1 and 39.3 and corrects a few bugs that are in the code. In fact the bugs I found were submitted in so he could fix them directly.
Most were simple issues like added or missing variable or using an S on the end of variable name that didn't have it.

The so called patch bug fix listed on the front of this forum is more accurately a full on mod. While few files are duplicates of the original files that isn't true for most of them. Changes range from as small as the carriage return being changed to spelling and grammar corrections to full on code changes that were not needed. Then you have full on additions to the code.

So no wonder you have people having issues making the mod work. They have to download the original file put your so called patch bug fix in then apply the mod pack over the top of that.

It would have caused a million times less confusion for users if this so called mod and bug patch was just built the hell into the mod. Then they could do it all with just a single download. It makes a million times more sense because the mod won't work without it.

Instead what you have is people downloading the base game. Getting it actually patched to the original games thing then seeing your so called bug fix patch and going well I already got that so don't need it. Then trying to install the mod.

In the end what they really created was a mod that you have to install first to install the larger mod pack.

Lets get back to the bugs part of this.
You effectively have now created a forked line of the core of the game which you will either have to keep updating a copy of or you will be forced to go back and start building your mod to actually work off the real base code.

That means not only do you have to keep track of the forked line of code but the changes to the original so long as the forked base has to be installed over the old system. The reason there is any time he adds features and files into the code that you don't have in the forked code you are going to be left dealing with it.

I just used win merge to look at current versions in question with a comparison. Its laughable to say the least.
The core comparison is 95% or so yellow. You created your own nightmare of work.

Your best option. Is to actually go back to the core being the core. Submit actual patches that fix just what is broken the way the developer intend it and so it gets into his updates. Then build the mods onto it. If not this nightmare of coding will grow to a point it won't be easily manageable or compatible with the original game. Your patches will get more and more unwieldy.

You also defeated the purpose of how you chose to make the mods to start with.
https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mods.32881/post-5595518
You mod isn't mostly compatible right out the box.

That also means someone like myself who built his mod based on the actual base game code would have to then worry about what you put in the update bug fix.
Way to violate your own principles.
The ability of being able to simply remove the mod folder and return to the pure base game is gone.

Carriage returns
It might not seem like a big deal but it can cause issues at times. Mac by default use <cr> or '\r' , linux uses <LF> or '\n' , windows by default uses <CR><LF> or '\r\n' It's actually better to make sure you use the windows method because it works across all 3 systems.
depending on the method used to detect the end of line it can cause issues.
Why am I bringing that up. You have a lot of files that have been modified to just end with '\n' <LF> probably done on a linux system. Those files are in the so called patch bug fix.

Last edited:

Frederiksc

Aug 17, 2017
Holy fuck no wonder this mod has so many bugs and install issues.
You have so much words and wisdom to share to the mod team, so I just took a look at your "mod" you shared under this thread. I maybe missed your intentions to post it here, because neither you did not fork or update the mod discussed here, nor has it anything to do with it. In my opinion, basically you are trying to hijack this thread for your own. Just a small "Hey, I made a different apprach, looky here" was enough in the first place, your way to interact with the mod crew here was:

Starbuck invited you to contribute here, and you ignored it - just stuck to your project. Please make your own thread, showcase your mod there and point out, that you are developing a totally different approach, incompatible to this mod, not having the QOL, cheats, sidequests, modularity, etc.

Just ranting does not help, especially when your mod (which you claim is better) is just the BUGFIX you install before having any mod. Your point is? Did not catch that yet, and I will take a look, how long you keep up, because without having a larger group of people to actually do the work, that is a bold statement you put out here.

Oh, also your mod overrides as well files. The game.rpy you offer is then just that same old story then, right?

I will abstain from any further discussion with you under this thread, but I will check out yours, posting there, as soon as you disclosure the fruits of your work. Maybe you offer the code compare options like this mod team here does on github, so people can check, what you intend and code.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
You have so much words and wisdom to share to the mod team, so I just took a look at your "mod" you shared under this thread. I maybe missed your intentions to post it here, because neither you did not fork or update the mod discussed here, nor has it anything to do with it. In my opinion, basically you are trying to hijack this thread for your own. Just a small "Hey, I made a different apprach, looky here" was enough in the first place, your way to interact with the mod crew here was:

Starbuck invited you to contribute here, and you ignored it - just stuck to your project. Please make your own thread, showcase your mod there and point out, that you are developing a totally different approach, incompatible to this mod, not having the QOL, cheats, sidequests, modularity, etc.

Just ranting does not help, especially when your mod (which you claim is better) is just the BUGFIX you install before having any mod. Your point is? Did not catch that yet, and I will take a look, how long you keep up, because without having a larger group of people to actually do the work, that is a bold statement you put out here.

Oh, also your mod overrides as well files. The game.rpy you offer is then just that same old story then, right?

I will abstain from any further discussion with you under this thread, but I will check out yours, posting there, as soon as you disclosure the fruits of your work. Maybe you offer the code compare options like this mod team here does on github, so people can check, what you intend and code.
I don't expect you to do this but if you had gone back and read the posts regarding my mod with Star_buck, I always claimed my mod over wrote the files.
It was Star_buck who made the point as to why they don't.
Also the point here is about what is being called a patch which in and of itself is actually a mod not a patch.
A patch raises the version not changes it. What you have on here changes it. In fact it is different enough the mods are dependent on them. Thus the mod won't properly with out that installed.
See if it was purely a patch and bug fix the then there would be no dependence on it they could get the mod update from the developer.

The point I was making about my patch. It is literally made by comparing the entire set of files on 39.1 and 39.3 and making a directory with just the differences. Thus they have very few files to actually update from 39.1 to 39.3.
I also added in the bug fixes here https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-39-1-vren.7260/page-318#post-5607752
Which I submitted to the developers report page.

But in case that isn't clear enough there was no comparison of my mod their mod. It was about the difference in what a patch is. Here is mine https://f95zone.to/goto/post?id=5663792

To clarify another point I pointed out to Star_buck I understood his reasoning. My mod was done the way it was because it wasn't meant as a collaboration. It was meant to standalone. There would be issues created between my mod and theirs regardless if I took on the design concept they chose.

Their design concept isn't bad in fact for collaborating between multiple mods its one of the better solutions if not even best in class.

Not sure how the point of what was actually said escaped you but I can guess from the demeanor of the way you are writing you let your emotions take over.

Instead of taking away what should have been absorbed you let your emotions rule you. They broke the design paradigm and that is what is making their life hard at the moment and it will continue to do so unless they correct it. In fact it will get worse unless they do so.

You want me to offer a solution vs what I said well I have something for you to see.

All those yellow lines are were there are differences in the files that you have in the patch vs the pure stock 39.3 game.
Some are bigger issues than others. All the carriage returns that are different are potential issues for mac users.
All the rest of the coding changes are potential conflicts in mods to have with them if the mod is built based on the base games code. Some of those yellow lines are multiple deep directories filled with more files and conflicts.

The only fix to this is throw the patch away and learn to base your mod around the actual games code. Don't do stuff like changing formatting in files such as carriage returns and line feeds.
There are two solutions you can use to try and safely deal with bug issues. Make the least amount of coding changes you need to fix the bug. You could also create a bug work around directory in the mod directory that has code to over ride the bugged code until the developer fixes it. Make sure you submit all the bugs and the simplest solution to fix it.
Most the bugs I end up fixing are simplistic in nature, he added an a letter to a variable name, he added an extra variable to the function call or did the same thing in the function definition. There is software to catch all those types of bugs he apparently isn't using any. That doesn't mean people on the mod team can't though and easily catch things he missed and get his attention by submitting them.

As for fixing this: There isn't a fixing this. There is a get rid of and don't use it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Wow
Reactions: omocik

noinoi

Jun 19, 2017
Mind me asking how you updated to 39.3 did you use the link on the developers patreon page or use the patch I made or the patch they have on the front page of this forum?

This is the link to my patch and bug fix. https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/04/1191521_UpdateBugfix39.3.zip
It updates from 39.1 to 39.3 then fixes a few actual bugs that weren't fixed by the developer. It doesn't apply any other mods.
It was on the primary LR2 forum.
My update to 39.3 from 39.1, was done using the files from the patreon page of LabRats2
The patch from 39.2 to 39.3 was just 1 file
I will try your patch, thx :)

noinoi

Jun 19, 2017
The savegames between v0.39.1 -> v0.39.2 -> v0.39.3 are not compatible with each other. Usually you will see a warning like this: View attachment 1171998
What I can't see is whether the bugfix is installed. The mod needs the associated bugfix to work. That would be the other possibility why you get error messages.
My issue is when starting the game, before i even have the possibility of loading anything.
(my saves are not with a mod, this is the first time i am trying to use one for LabRats)
error.png

Last edited:

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
My issue is when starting the game, before i even have the possibility of loading anything.
(my saves are not with a mod, this is the first time i am trying to use one for LabRats)
Once again:
If you want to play Lab Rats 2 with Mod and the bugfix is not installed, the game will not start.
Don't let any bug fixes or mod's offered in this forum talk you into it. These are only intended for the vanilla game.
You need the latest version of the game, v0.39.3 can be found here:

Either you use the two files given on the first page or the betas.
You will find the last beta's here:

Tip:
Always use a fresh installation and not always the same folder. Avoid using or mixing with other bug fixes or mods, as we cannot guarantee that they are compatible.

If it still doesn't work, use the full game download on the first page. Simply unzip it and play.
If it doesn't work either, then I can't help you any further.

Reactions: Diconica

shooter682

Feb 28, 2019
Once again:
If you want to play Lab Rats 2 with Mod and the bugfix is not installed, the game will not start.
Don't let any bug fixes or mod's offered in this forum talk you into it. These are only intended for the vanilla game.
You need the latest version of the game, v0.39.3 can be found here:

Either you use the two files given on the first page or the betas.
You will find the last beta's here:

Tip:
Always use a fresh installation and not always the same folder. Avoid using or mixing with other bug fixes or mods, as we cannot guarantee that they are compatible.

If it still doesn't work, use the full game download on the first page. Simply unzip it and play.
If it doesn't work either, then I can't help you any further.
I had the same thing happen with the current beta version I had been updating after each beta version the last version caused and error when opening. So I reinstalled with the prior beta and all is good.

Cry about it

Aug 8, 2017
How to play this mod on mobile? Since it's keep crashing with Joiplay......
nope brother Cant play with joiplay now. hahaha its out of the mobile now. this game is for pc only. even thou it have android. the android is just a display hahaha you cant really play it. and the joiplay issues rn cant resolve. so the only way to play it is PC

shooter682

Feb 28, 2019
nope brother Cant play with joiplay now. hahaha its out of the mobile now. this game is for pc only. even thou it have android. the android is just a display hahaha you cant really play it. and the joiplay issues rn cant resolve. so the only way to play it is PC
It looks that way

PrinceV

Jan 27, 2018
Hello all, I need some help. I playing version 0.39.3.2, and I still have the problem of the nanobots. Steph says its ready to put in the new serum designs, but when I go the lad there´s no Nanobots trait to put in a new serum design. What is wrong? Is it a Bug?

generalgratitude

Oct 8, 2020
I don't expect you to do this but if you had gone back and read the posts regarding my mod with Star_buck, I always claimed my mod over wrote the files.
It was Star_buck who made the point as to why they don't.
Also the point here is about what is being called a patch which in and of itself is actually a mod not a patch.
A patch raises the version not changes it. What you have on here changes it. In fact it is different enough the mods are dependent on them. Thus the mod won't properly with out that installed.
See if it was purely a patch and bug fix the then there would be no dependence on it they could get the mod update from the developer.

The point I was making about my patch. It is literally made by comparing the entire set of files on 39.1 and 39.3 and making a directory with just the differences. Thus they have very few files to actually update from 39.1 to 39.3.
I also added in the bug fixes here https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-39-1-vren.7260/page-318#post-5607752
Which I submitted to the developers report page.

But in case that isn't clear enough there was no comparison of my mod their mod. It was about the difference in what a patch is. Here is mine https://f95zone.to/goto/post?id=5663792

To clarify another point I pointed out to Star_buck I understood his reasoning. My mod was done the way it was because it wasn't meant as a collaboration. It was meant to standalone. There would be issues created between my mod and theirs regardless if I took on the design concept they chose.

Their design concept isn't bad in fact for collaborating between multiple mods its one of the better solutions if not even best in class.

Not sure how the point of what was actually said escaped you but I can guess from the demeanor of the way you are writing you let your emotions take over.

Instead of taking away what should have been absorbed you let your emotions rule you. They broke the design paradigm and that is what is making their life hard at the moment and it will continue to do so unless they correct it. In fact it will get worse unless they do so.

You want me to offer a solution vs what I said well I have something for you to see.
All those yellow lines are were there are differences in the files that you have in the patch vs the pure stock 39.3 game.
Some are bigger issues than others. All the carriage returns that are different are potential issues for mac users.
All the rest of the coding changes are potential conflicts in mods to have with them if the mod is built based on the base games code. Some of those yellow lines are multiple deep directories filled with more files and conflicts.

The only fix to this is throw the patch away and learn to base your mod around the actual games code. Don't do stuff like changing formatting in files such as carriage returns and line feeds.
There are two solutions you can use to try and safely deal with bug issues. Make the least amount of coding changes you need to fix the bug. You could also create a bug work around directory in the mod directory that has code to over ride the bugged code until the developer fixes it. Make sure you submit all the bugs and the simplest solution to fix it.
Most the bugs I end up fixing are simplistic in nature, he added an a letter to a variable name, he added an extra variable to the function call or did the same thing in the function definition. There is software to catch all those types of bugs he apparently isn't using any. That doesn't mean people on the mod team can't though and easily catch things he missed and get his attention by submitting them.

As for fixing this: There isn't a fixing this. There is a get rid of and don't use it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Dear Sir or Madam,
Go back to Reddit. No one cares about who is right.
Kind regards,
the horny people on this forum.

Thjis

May 19, 2017
I seem to be having issues with the cheat mod. I am not seeing any options in action menu and X, p and T do not do anything. The mod is easy enough to install. Not sure if I am misunderstanding the process or if there is something wrong with the new mod vrs. Ideas or ways to check things?

Devvvin

Aug 12, 2017
Hello all, I need some help. I playing version 0.39.3.2, and I still have the problem of the nanobots. Steph says its ready to put in the new serum designs, but when I go the lad there´s no Nanobots trait to put in a new serum design. What is wrong? Is it a Bug?
Same issue here... Also had it in the beta build right before the main branch version launched.

MetalBlank

Oct 3, 2017
Okay, I give up, why are there limits on the sluttiness stats in the cheat window? And the energy for the MC? Is it just to curb slowdown and crashing from overlarge values?

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes