4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

xXWeedXx

Sep 25, 2017
The nanobots randomly not unlocking on some new saves is really annoying especially because the event happens pretty far into it which makes it tedious to start the save all over again. I've been trying to figure out what might be causing them not to unlock for the past hour now and it just seems completely random. One save they did unlock, tried again with a new save, and did exactly the same things as on the previous one but then they didn't unlock.

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
The nanobots randomly not unlocking on some new saves is really annoying especially because the event happens pretty far into it which makes it tedious to start the save all over again. I've been trying to figure out what might be causing them not to unlock for the past hour now and it just seems completely random. One save they did unlock, tried again with a new save, and did exactly the same things as on the previous one but then they didn't unlock.
Is it a random event? If so, how do you know when you've crossed the point that you'll never be able to unlock them?

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
Is it a random event? If so, how do you know when you've crossed the point that you'll never be able to unlock them?
From what I can tell by looking at the code, the requirements for the nanobots intro event are as follows: Business needs to be running beyond 21 days, the time of day has to be 2 (there are 4 timeslots), and the research needs to be beyond or at tier 1. There's another if statement below that I don't completely understand, but I think it's saying you need to be at work with your head researcher. (Very iffy on that part)

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
From what I can tell by looking at the code, the requirements for the nanobots intro event are as follows: Business needs to be running beyond 21 days, the time of day has to be 2 (there are 4 timeslots), and the research needs to be beyond or at tier 1. There's another if statement below that which I don't completely understand, but I think it's saying you need to be at work with your head researcher. (Very iffy on that part)
Thats when it triggered for me was on one of my walk-around talking to all the girls then got to research and they talked about it.

Reactions: bloodbus

themagiman

Mar 3, 2018
Can I use the current mod for the new version 0.41.2? I want to try the new update but I can't play without the mod its too good!

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Can I use the current mod for the new version 0.41.2? I want to try the new update but I can't play without the mod its too good!
No you can not use the old with the new.

v0.x.0 - Main Game Beta released by Author -> x increases once a month
v0.x.1 - Main Game Public release by Author -> x increases once a month

v0.x.y.z - Mod version, x must match main game -> y increased when save games are not compatible -> z increased when save games are compatible

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Did install the 0.41.2 and the last alpha bugfix and I miss the module (directory) shader.
Copying the one I have from 0.38.1 seems not to be compatible.

Someone have a link on this module or can upload it?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Did install the 0.41.2 and the last alpha bugfix and I miss the module (directory) shader.
Copying the one I have from 0.38.1 seems not to be compatible.

Someone have a link on this module or can upload it?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Your going to have to wait till the modders get it done otherwise you will get errors.

Mod and bug fixes is for v0.40.1 and until they get done with the coding you will get errors on the new update 0.41.2 .

xXWeedXx

Sep 25, 2017
It happens after day 21 when you're at work. Then on the next Monday which is day 28 I believe it triggers Steph calling you in and after that dialogue, it tells you you've unlocked the first nanobots. So basically if you don't have them after day 28 (unless you really avoid going to work during that entire week) then it's bugged and they didn't unlock on that save.

Last edited:

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Your going to have to wait till the modders get it done otherwise you will get errors.

Mod and bug fixes is for v0.40.1 and until they get done with the coding you will get errors on the new update 0.41.2 .
Did I miss something or the info is false (1st page) :
LRbeta.JPG

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Did I miss something or the info is false (1st page) :
View attachment 1242726
Yes you missed it, look at the bottom of your error report and it says this.
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.40.1.3

So as you can see the mod is only for version 0.40.1 and not for the new version of 0.41.2

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Ok man, so I'll wait the update.

I'm sorry, english is not my native langage and I did think that indicating that the beta is stable enough for play-testing mean that the beta was stable enough to be tested.

Elpescador

Jul 11, 2017
is the game's dialogue stored in a text file like so many other renpy games? I'd likes to tinker with the dialogue and try as I may I cannot find it.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
is the game's dialogue stored in a text file like so many other renpy games? I'd likes to tinker with the dialogue and try as I may I cannot find it.
You will get faster answer to your question on there Discord channel, they are very active there.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Yes. Try the various .rpy files in folders like sex_positions, personality_types, general_actions, personalities and so on. Dates.rpy in the root folder. So dialogues can combine various pieces of several files dealing with a certain situation. For example if you go on a date with a person and have sex that can comprise conversation parts stored in 3 different files. The mod extends and adds on top of this and works the same way.

You just have to explore and check out all the .rpy files if they have convos. The .rpy files can be opened with text editors/viewers :sneaky: I use Notepad++ myself.

Reactions: bloodbus

pspbro

Apr 22, 2017
Yes. Try the various .rpy files in folders like sex_positions, personality_types, general_actions, personalities and so on. Dates.rpy in the root folder. So dialogues can combine various pieces of several files dealing with a certain situation. For example if you go on a date with a person and have sex that can comprise conversation parts stored in 3 different files. The mod extends and adds on top of this and works the same way.

You just have to explore and check out all the .rpy files if they have convos. The .rpy files can be opened with text editors/viewers :sneaky: I use Notepad++ myself.
Just to add on to that, if you download the pre-built full game download from the front page of this thread you have to unren it first. Or at least you used to have to anyway.

Gorkron13

Mar 3, 2020
Hello everyone. Tell me how to make your mother, sister, aunt, cousin my girlfriends ? I can not= (And tell me if the content is a threesome with my mother and sister or aunt? If so, how do I open it? For earlier I am grateful to you. Thanks.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes