4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
This is what I get using the mods with a clean 0.41.2. All the words in the game are unreadable.
I don't really know what to say. I've not seen anything like that nor anyone else reporting it. I did post to the discord's bug reporting channel.

Corrupted font file? Bad renderer for your machine?

Vren did upgrade the base Renpy version in the 0.41 release, so that could lead to a whole raft of issues we've not seen before.

Could try these troubleshooting actions here:

But I am grasping at straws here to be honest. Would love to help, but have no idea what's going on with your install.

(PS - I am not on the mod team. Just a guy who is active in their discord and contributed a little.)

Reactions: Sir_EatsALot

tropic

Aug 14, 2016
I don't really know what to say. I've not seen anything like that nor anyone else reporting it. I did post to the discord's bug reporting channel.

Corrupted font file? Bad renderer for your machine?

Vren did upgrade the base Renpy version in the 0.41 release, so that could lead to a whole raft of issues we've not seen before.

Could try these troubleshooting actions here:

But I am grasping at straws here to be honest. Would love to help, but have no idea what's going on with your install.

(PS - I am not on the mod team. Just a guy who is active in their discord and contributed a little.)
This isn't particular to Lab Rats. A number of renpy games that updated to 7.4.5 have caused people to have this issue. I've seen it in other threads.
I haven't had any luck in trying to find out what the particular issue is, I can say for certain that is doesn't have anything to do with the font files.

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
This isn't particular to Lab Rats. A number of renpy games that updated to 7.4.5 have caused people to have this issue. I've seen it in other threads.
I haven't had any luck in trying to find out what the particular issue is, I can say for certain that is doesn't have anything to do with the font files.
Well okay thanks. If you hear anything please let us know.

1wog

Jan 27, 2021
According to renpytom (Ren'Py author), there is problem with old ATI drivers. GitHub issue and answer may have some information.

Reactions: Sir_EatsALot

Dagoth

Aug 12, 2016
I saw someone mention on another Ren'Py game that they were having that problem on Windows 7, but they managed to navigate to the options menu (despite all text being unreadable) and switch the renderer option from OpenGL to DirectX, then saved and restarted the game, and that fixed it. Seems like maybe the problem is specific to OpenGL rendering in Ren'Py.
Haven't tried this mod or game yet so I don't know if that's a viable workaround here or not, but I figured I'd share the possibility.

Sir_EatsALot

Aug 24, 2017
I saw someone mention on another Ren'Py game that they were having that problem on Windows 7, but they managed to navigate to the options menu (despite all text being unreadable) and switch the renderer option from OpenGL to DirectX, then saved and restarted the game, and that fixed it. Seems like maybe the problem is specific to OpenGL rendering in Ren'Py.
Haven't tried this mod or game yet so I don't know if that's a viable workaround here or not, but I figured I'd share the possibility.
I don't think I have ever come across a renderer option in a game before. I can't find it in the options menu. Is this a variable in one of the rpy files I can change? Thanks for the info though.

Sir_EatsALot

Aug 24, 2017
According to renpytom (Ren'Py author), there is problem with old ATI drivers. GitHub issue and answer may have some information.
I suspected as much. Thanks for the info. My ATI drivers show problem with some rpg games as well and the only way I can play them is by uninstalling the drivers.

Edit: Tried uninstalling the driver like I have to do with treasure of nadia and it worked. For those having the issue, just go to device manager and under the display settings uninstall the radeon driver. Should install automatically when you restart the system. But best advice is to update the drivers. My system is old and the graphics gets messed up everytime I try to update drivers. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Maybe someone answered it already but i have issues with money in the game early on. Can someone give me a console command that actually works? Tried different variationf of the cheats in the main thread but 0 works.

Thank you guys.

rillifane

Aug 6, 2016
mc.business.funds = x is the console command for money, also if you press "x" to bring up the cheatmenu and select your company name in the middle left selection box you can edit funds from there as well

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr
4.60 star(s) 56 Votes