4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Aurelein

Dec 17, 2017
Hey, So I've been scouring the .rpy files looking for the console command to unlock the fetish serums (the equivalent of "list_of_traits.append(nora_reward_mother_trait)" but for the nanobot serums) but I can't really find anything. The closest I've tried is "list_of_traits.append(fetish_serum_exhibition)" but then I just get an error message when I enter the research window. Could someone please help me with this?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Hey, So I've been scouring the .rpy files looking for the console command to unlock the fetish serums (the equivalent of "list_of_traits.append(nora_reward_mother_trait)" but for the nanobot serums) but I can't really find anything. The closest I've tried is "list_of_traits.append(fetish_serum_exhibition)" but then I just get an error message when I enter the research window. Could someone please help me with this?
There so easy to get in game why look for the code?
You just need to sex up Steph and talk to her about the next step.
I'm working on the 4th one now only on day 42, you should be able to start getting them on about day 21 if you really work at it.

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
It has been like that a very very long time! The problem is Ren'py, Ren'py is not build for this kind of game, you can't control your memory layout, you cannot do stuff that will make the game go fast. Ren'py is optimised for CPU cache misses, lack of memory control and easy handling of the stuff you need for simple visual novel projects, where cache misses and memory control, mean nothing. This game is not a simple visual novel, and the way the game objects have been made, a lot of data that is not needed for the stuff you are about to do, polute the cpu caches, so even the menus lag.
You're right, and I appreciate the technical information, and you're right that it's always been laggy (and getting progressively worse with each update), it just didn't seem like it was -this- laggy a couple updates ago. What I noticed happens now is that during some long events, or if you skip a lot of dialogue, the game gets sort of "stuck" and causes every sentence to take like a full second each - afterwards, or if you wait a while, the game goes back to normal. It's like you're going too fast for the game to keep up.

Reactions: Jaxter and waffel

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
You're right, and I appreciate the technical information, and you're right that it's always been laggy (and getting progressively worse with each update), it just didn't seem like it was -this- laggy a couple updates ago. What I noticed happens now is that during some long events, or if you skip a lot of dialogue, the game gets sort of "stuck" and causes every sentence to take like a full second each - afterwards, or if you wait a while, the game goes back to normal. It's like you're going too fast for the game to keep up.
I have no problems at all with this VN/Game and it runs very fast for me.
Win 7.
I5 intel 3.5Ghz.
32 Gb ram.
Nvidia GTX 980Ti.
Works like a charm.

ded inside

Jan 3, 2019
I faced the same problem. On the old Intel core i5 3330 everything is pretty bad, but on the Ryzen 3600 everything is fine. There is only one conclusion - to remove lags you need to change the CPU.

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
I have no problems at all with this VN/Game and it runs very fast for me.
Win 7.
I5 intel 3.5Ghz.
32 Gb ram.
Nvidia GTX 980Ti.
Works like a charm.
You are running it on a top notch machine albeit a bit dated, if it didn't run well on that... Well then Vren ought to commit harakiri because of the shame of his lack of programming skills!

With what this game is offering in term of data manipulation it should be running perfect on a toaster, like a 2GHz laptop with an Intel integrated, it has almost nothing going on in terms of data crunching, just a few pictures blended on top of each other in the correct layers in a single frame, and a few stats to keep track of. It's not even animated or frame-time sensitive, like it's perfectly okay if it takes 30-40ms to blend/render a frame.
Heck if the data was organised correctly into a few large files, the startup time on an SSD should be under 5 seconds, on a NVMe under 2, how long does it currently need , 20-30 seconds?
I know that the startup time is due to Ren'py compiling the game before it runs it, but Ren'py compile's really slow, and afterwards it does take the game a very long time to start up.
Try playing it on a weaker machine and you might notice what some people are complaining about :) I'm running it on a top notch machine too, but when I ran it on my now late laptop, the story was very different.
Remember that laptops generally has much much slower RAM than our top notch PCs, so cache misses are much more noticeable on a laptop.

If you are interested in how a cache miss can change how well a program performs, here's an excellent youtube video about it from Scott Meyers :)

and you do care ;)

I wish you a very nice day, and some happy fappin' to top it off with!

PS. Just so we don't misunderstand each other, I think I have more than 200 hours in this game, it's awesome!

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDL

Dakr0

Mar 9, 2019
Has anyone had a problem with the characters face color?
When I run the game on android (JoiPlay), the characters faces have a different color from the rest of the body ... :(

campfap

Jul 31, 2017
I downloaded the Full Game (v0.41.2.1) but whenever i try to set an overwear outfit as "corporate dress" the game crashes with this error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1659, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1664, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1665, in execute
IndexError: tuple index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 343, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 337, in script call
  File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/set_uniform_description_override.rpyc", line 9, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2009, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1997, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3057, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3693, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3693, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1664, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1665, in execute
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1541, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1660, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.android-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.android-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.android-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.android-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 603, in get_value
IndexError: tuple index out of range

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.41.2.1
Thu Jul 22 12:01:42 2021
Also outfits are way sluttier that they should be. A 0 sluttiness full outfit in the unmodded game is marked with 32 sluttiness here. If i roll a random outfit with 0-5 slut. the ones i get are all 30+ slut.. atleast that what it says. people still seem to wear them.

Is there something i can do to fix the error? Thanks in advance.

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
Heck if the data was organised correctly into a few large files, the startup time on an SSD should be under 5 seconds, on a NVMe under 2, how long does it currently need , 20-30 seconds?

Remember that laptops generally has much much slower RAM than our top notch PCs, so cache misses are much more noticeable on a laptop.
Can confirm that the start-up absolutely chokes on an AMD A4 laptop with a horrible OEM SSD. Loads in 5.8 seconds on an Intel i5-9 desktop from a TrueCrypt folder/drive on a USB3 SSD. Should test the USB3 SSD on the laptop sometime. RAM could easily play into it, too, since the AMD CPU uses single-channel DDR3-1600 and the Intel CPU uses dual-channel DDR4-2666.

Never experienced slowdown on the desktop with any amount of speedrunning, but the laptop starts a slideshow when powering through trait research (compliments in Skip mode), for example. Not toaster-friendly, this one. At least the bugfixed version doesn't crash!

Reactions: Jaxter

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
Vren tried to optimize garbage collection, and that seems to be (still) the likely culprit.
Dunno how much can be done about optimization besides venturing outside the confines of RenPy.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Okay folks there is now a new update for the beta version of the bug fixes and mod uploaded today the 22nd.

Slowly getting there, they will be working on the mod more over the weekend if I read right so hopefully we will get a full game upload soon.

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
Okay folks there is now a new update for the beta version of the bug fixes and mod uploaded today the 22nd.

Slowly getting there, they will be working on the mod more over the weekend if I read right so hopefully we will get a full game upload soon.
thanks

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
I downloaded the Full Game (v0.41.2.1) but whenever i try to set an overwear outfit as "corporate dress" the game crashes with this error:

[...]

Also outfits are way sluttier that they should be. A 0 sluttiness full outfit in the unmodded game is marked with 32 sluttiness here. If i roll a random outfit with 0-5 slut. the ones i get are all 30+ slut.. atleast that what it says. people still seem to wear them.

Is there something i can do to fix the error? Thanks in advance.
The errors are because the notification messages for invalid selection are not being shown properly. You won't see them as long as you don't try to click on invalid options. If you want to fix the error, go to game\Mods\Screens\Outfit_Screens\selective_import.rpy and edit the file.

Lines 161 and 200
action Function(renpy.notify, "Can not assign due to policy enforced sluttiness limit {}.\nPurchase new uniform policies to increase limit.".format(slut_limit))
Lines 164 and 203
action Function(renpy.notify, "Can not assign due to policy enforced sluttiness limit {}.\nPurchase new uniform policies to increase limit.".format(underwear_limit))
Just an oversight, not an error, but action Function(renpy.notify, "Full and underwear uniforms require [reduced_coverage_uniform_policy.name]") should be inserted at line 159.

As for the outfit sluttiness being off, it's because the mod is calculating the score differently than the base game. Underwear can be classified as lingerie and non-lingerie. If it's lingerie, then there is a modifier added. For skirts (or just bottoms in general), ones that allow sex without removal or displacement have modifiers added. Those are just some examples, there are more.

• Red Heart
Reactions: campfap

Aurelein

Dec 17, 2017
There so easy to get in game why look for the code?
You just need to sex up Steph and talk to her about the next step.
I'm working on the 4th one now only on day 42, you should be able to start getting them on about day 21 if you really work at it.
Sure it's not the hardest in the world. But this is probably like the 15th time I'm replaying the game and I would very much like to do a playthrough with all traits unlocked from the start. Instead of having to press "wait" 84 times in a row to fast forward to day 21 and then press "wait" another 28 times or so until I can finally unlock the traits I want.

madcowguy5

Apr 21, 2019
I recently downloaded the latest few releases in the past month, and noticed there is no longer any height change serums, no childhood friend that comes to work for your HR department (with the Breast expansion storyline) and no interactions between your workers, since I played this game about a year ago.

Does anyone know if these features were removed?

Needing Help

Nov 11, 2020
I recently downloaded the latest few releases in the past month, and noticed there is no longer any height change serums, no childhood friend that comes to work for your HR department (with the Breast expansion storyline) and no interactions between your workers, since I played this game about a year ago.

Go to Mod Settings in your bedroom when starting a new game. Enable the options you want for your play thru. At least that's how it works in 0.40.1. Don't know about anything after that version 'cause I have a graphics problem with 0.42.1 base game. Never downloaded 0.41 so maybe I'm not helping you that much.

Ragnarok20

Feb 10, 2018

Hopefully, I'm still getting problems with the nanobots (since they were implemented really). Using 42.1 beta, the event does start but when I get the first nanobots batch I cannot use them when creating a new serum nor do reasearch on them, I can't use them..

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Hopefully, I'm still getting problems with the nanobots (since they were implemented really). Using 42.1 beta, the event does start but when I get the first nanobots batch I cannot use them when creating a new serum nor do reasearch on them, I can't use them..
I have no problems with the bots.

Ragnarok20

Feb 10, 2018
I have no problems with the bots.
I get the nanobots around the 22nd, by that point I am at least at tier 1, should I advance more? (don't remember having to), the game says I need to use them in any new serum to reach lvl 5 blah blah and get the others, but like I said, when trying to create a new serum desing, they are nowhere to be found, then I thought I needed to research them first, but that's not the case either. I used this trick I had, delete all save files including the 'persistent' file in the save folder and the persistent files in the appdata/rempy folder and this allowed me to get the event. This time I do get the event but I can't use the bots.

lr2img1.jpg lr2img2.jpg

Reactions: Ssato243

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
I get the nanobots around the 22nd, by that point I am at least at tier 1, should I advance more? ... when trying to create a new serum desing, they are nowhere to be found
The nanobots are Tier 1 for sure, see attached. No idea why they wouldn't show except the event chain not having progressed far enough. The exchanges with Stephanie meander so much I've accidentally not talked about them enough at times, so they're not actually unlocked.

Definitely still included. I don't think you can turn Sarah off at all? Anyway, check settings as suggested and if it's not that, then you have the wrong version/folder/executable.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes