4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I get the nanobots around the 22nd, by that point I am at least at tier 1, should I advance more? (don't remember having to), the game says I need to use them in any new serum to reach lvl 5 blah blah and get the others, but like I said, when trying to create a new serum desing, they are nowhere to be found, then I thought I needed to research them first, but that's not the case either. I used this trick I had, delete all save files including the 'persistent' file in the save folder and the persistent files in the appdata/rempy folder and this allowed me to get the event. This time I do get the event but I can't use the bots.
I don't know why your not getting them.
I see you have Nora's stuff so then you should have talked to Steph to get a sample and a week later she should have told you she has them and that is when it goes in to be able to start using them.

Can you show what Steph convo's are, it should be at or close to the top for them.

What version of the game are you using and what mod, bug fixes you are using?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I don't know why your not getting them.
I see you have Nora's stuff so then you should have talked to Steph to get a sample and a week later she should have told you she has them and that is when it goes in to be able to start using them.

Can you show what Steph convo's are, it should be at or close to the top for them.

Just blabbing nonsense likely from my side, but could it be a persistent save file problem?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Just blabbing nonsense likely from my side, but could it be a persistent save file problem?
Op said this:
I used this trick I had, delete all save files including the 'persistent' file in the save folder and the persistent files in the appdata/rempy folder and this allowed me to get the event.
Ragnarok20
Do you have them enabled in the "Mod Settings" in MC's bedroom?

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
I get the nanobots around the 22nd, by that point I am at least at tier 1, should I advance more? (don't remember having to), the game says I need to use them in any new serum to reach lvl 5 blah blah and get the others, but like I said, when trying to create a new serum desing, they are nowhere to be found, then I thought I needed to research them first, but that's not the case either. I used this trick I had, delete all save files including the 'persistent' file in the save folder and the persistent files in the appdata/rempy folder and this allowed me to get the event. This time I do get the event but I can't use the bots.

View attachment 1314817 View attachment 1314818
There is a rare bug that has been reported a few times here and a few times on the discord where the nanobots don't unlock for people sometimes. Sometimes the events themselves fire and sometimes they don't, and even after finishing the events they still aren't usable. TBH I have no idea what causes the bug and I haven't been able to reproduce it, but I'll try to rig something like a failsafe at some point to try and make sure they unlock no matter what at some point, since they are such a large part of the mod and its content.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
There is a rare bug that has been reported a few times here and a few times on the discord where the nanobots don't unlock for people sometimes. Sometimes the events themselves fire and sometimes they don't, and even after finishing the events they still aren't usable. TBH I have no idea what causes the bug and I haven't been able to reproduce it, but I'll try to rig something like a failsafe at some point to try and make sure they unlock no matter what at some point, since they are such a large part of the mod and its content.
I am wondering if OP anti-virus program stopping "nanobots" from showing up because of the name.

We use to have this problem with Sims 2 and some mods that have the word bot/bots in them with players anti-virus program would not allow the mod to work.

• Wow
Reactions: makeitso

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Okay folks once again the mod and bugfixes have been updated today for the beta version. (7/23/21 12 noon.)
(((That is if anyone is interested in them.)))

Reactions: Jaxter

womb0comb0

Apr 3, 2017
Hopefully, I'm still getting problems with the nanobots (since they were implemented really). Using 42.1 beta, the event does start but when I get the first nanobots batch I cannot use them when creating a new serum nor do reasearch on them, I can't use them..
I am wondering if OP anti-virus program stopping "nanobots" from showing up because of the name.

We use to have this problem with Sims 2 and some mods that have the word bot/bots in them with players anti-virus program would not allow the mod to work.
my issue with nanobots turned out to be this: everytime I would download a fresh copy of the game, the first thing I would do would be to start a new game, change my preferences (skin type, breast size, etc), exit that game and return to main menu, then create another new game which is the one I would play.

I found out that every time I would reset via a new game, the enabled modded serums would swap between 2 profiles for some reason. One profile was 2 enabled mod serums, Lysergide N20 + pheremones. The second profile was every other serum EXCEPT Lysergide N20 + pheremones. The second serum profile is the one with nanobots enabled, but it's enable in the background and does not show up in the initial mod settings menu. So the problem was that the initial game I would use to reset preferences had the correct nanobot profile, but when I would create another new game so that my preferences were loaded, that would load the incorrect profile and nanobots would be disabled in the background with no way to enable them via the menu.

So workaround is to start a new game until you get a profile in your mod settings of all serums EXCEPT for Lysergide and pheremones enabled. You CANNOT manually reenable nanobots on the incorrect serum profile because they will not appear in the initial menu, and will not appear even when you get the event in game.

You can test that everything is working correctly by starting your new game, saving incase this is the correct serum profile, setting day = 21 in console, and getting the nanobot discovery event from stephanie during the afternoon/evening (either day 21 or 22 i forgot). after initial nanobot event has fired set day = 28, then pass time until you get the second nanobot event from stephanie and nanobots appear in research and the mod menu. You may have to cheat research tech to level 1 not sure. If all is well, then load your save and play normally. If you didnt save, remember that serum profiles swap and if the current one was the correct profile, the next one will be the bad one. You can enable lysergide n20 and pheremones after you've confirmed nanobots are working.

Ragnarok20

Feb 10, 2018
my issue with nanobots turned out to be this: everytime I would download a fresh copy of the game, the first thing I would do would be to start a new game, change my preferences (skin type, breast size, etc), exit that game and return to main menu, then create another new game which is the one I would play.
Hmm I'm doing this too, and have always done so. Maybe this is the problem?

I'll try disabling the AV when extracting game files, mod/bugfix files and starting the game. I'll report if anything changes.

There is a rare bug that has been reported a few times here and a few times on the discord where the nanobots don't unlock for people sometimes. Sometimes the events themselves fire and sometimes they don't
Yeah Like I said before I've kinda have this problem since they were introduced, used to "fix it" by deleting all save files and persistent files, then the event itself would fire.

Ragnarok20
Do you have them enabled in the "Mod Settings" in MC's bedroom?
Yes, I, actually have every single serum enabled, but I don't think that's the problem because I have actually played like that before, and the event did fire/everything worked just fine.

Yeah I tried letting some time pass while doing other stuff, thought that maybe I should advance tier that's why I started Nora's event but no, they still don't appear anywhere.

I'm using 0.42.1 downloaded from the main game thread and the last (or they were) bugfix/ mod upd downloaded from the direct download button in the 'BETA' spoiler.

I'll try again with the new last fixes, with my AV turned off and will not change preferences, save and start new game. In any case If I wish to change someone to my preferences I'll do it by advancing and using the human modification policy.

Edit: I got it working, not sure which one was the problem, but if I had to guess it would be: Starting a game, changing the preferences and starting a new one.

Last edited:

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018

I found out that every time I would reset via a new game, the enabled modded serums would swap between 2 profiles for some reason. One profile was 2 enabled mod serums, Lysergide N20 + pheremones. The second profile was every other serum EXCEPT Lysergide N20 + pheremones. The second serum profile is the one with nanobots enabled, but it's enable in the background and does not show up in the initial mod settings menu. So the problem was that the initial game I would use to reset preferences had the correct nanobot profile, but when I would create another new game so that my preferences were loaded, that would load the incorrect profile and nanobots would be disabled in the background with no way to enable them via the menu.

So workaround is to start a new game until you get a profile in your mod settings of all serums EXCEPT for Lysergide and pheremones enabled. You CANNOT manually reenable nanobots on the incorrect serum profile because they will not appear in the initial menu, and will not appear even when you get the event in game.

You can test that everything is working correctly by starting your new game, saving incase this is the correct serum profile, setting day = 21 in console, and getting the nanobot discovery event from stephanie during the afternoon/evening (either day 21 or 22 i forgot). after initial nanobot event has fired set day = 28, then pass time until you get the second nanobot event from stephanie and nanobots appear in research and the mod menu. You may have to cheat research tech to level 1 not sure. If all is well, then load your save and play normally. If you didnt save, remember that serum profiles swap and if the current one was the correct profile, the next one will be the bad one. You can enable lysergide n20 and pheremones after you've confirmed nanobots are working.
Ragnarok20 / womb0comb0
Thanks for giving a detailed analysis, I uploaded a fix in the beta that should prevent this from happening even if you start a new game multiple times in one session.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Okay all you good folks out there, several new bug fixes and mod updates are now ready for the beta version if anyone would like to help test this great mod and game out. This includes the Lily girlfriend bug.
Time 6:19 am 7/24/2021

Will let you know when more updates come out.

Fapmigo

Feb 21, 2020
Hi, I playing with the last beta version and I have an error when I try to "Go somewhere else". It happened after Camilla's blowjob.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MrPandaTastic

Jan 24, 2018
How do you get a character on onlyfanatics? I havent been able to get it and I also havent been able to get lily to dikdok or onlyfanatic.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Any one know how to get "mom" to quit working other than hiring her at the strip club then firing her.

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
LZ_Starbuck
Small bug report for the mod:
In Erica_Role.rpy in erica_money_problems_label, $ lily.add_unique_on_talk_event(erica_lily_instapic_setup) needs to be added for when you have both an HR director and have done an Instapic session with Lily. In the current file, that's on line 1348.

Reactions: DevilInside666

eltarlo

May 25, 2017
Do we now when are we going to have a version 0.42 offi ? I can still DL the current but it's not the same x)

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes