4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
Neither, I don't see a traceback.txt. either. Only the log file.
Do you have the same issue when trying to run any other renpy game? If thats not the case, I dont know what to do either. I would suggest to go to the mod discord and try your luck there. There are far more poeple with better knowledge than me.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017
Ah, okay, then I cant help anyways, could be a Mac issue and I have no knowledge about Mac at all. And without any obvious source for the error, its hard to track down.
I'm not the guy you're trying to help, but at a glance, his log file does appear to say he's on Win10, so you should be able to ignore the existence of the Mac folder. I was just trying to clarify what the mystery folder was.

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
I'm not the guy you're trying to help, but at a glance, his log file does appear to say he's on Win10, so you should be able to ignore the existence of the Mac folder. I was just trying to clarify what the mystery folder was.
Well, I am at the end of my knowledge anyway...

ravenhawk

Jul 2, 2017
Probably already known, but when I try to appoint a slave, I keep getting the following.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_main_ui.rpy", line 10, in execute
  File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_main_ui.rpy", line 11, in execute
  File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_main_ui.rpy", line 12, in <module>
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/get_person_lists.rpy", line 65, in known_people_in_the_game
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/get_person_lists.rpy", line 71, in known_people_at_location
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'is_available'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 374, in script call
  File "Mods/Room/actions/dungeon_room_actions.rpyc", line 22, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3136, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "lru.py", line 248, in __call__
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/get_person_lists.rpy", line 65, in known_people_in_the_game
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/get_person_lists.rpy", line 71, in known_people_at_location

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.49.2.1
Tue Mar 22 16:18:35 2022

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
Probably already known, but when I try to appoint a slave, I keep getting the following.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "Mods/Room/actions/dungeon_room_actions.rpyc", line 22, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3136, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "lru.py", line 248, in __call__

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.49.2.1
Tue Mar 22 16:18:35 2022
Already fixed in most recent mod release 0.49.2.3.

Last edited:

Slaylife

Aug 21, 2016
Strange...when I save the game and try to load it later I get "You are loading a game from an un-modded game. This is not supported". I downloaded the full game download which includes both the game and the mod and yet it recognizes any saves made with it as not fitting.

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
Strange...when I save the game and try to load it later I get "You are loading a game from an un-modded game. This is not supported". I downloaded the full game download which includes both the game and the mod and yet it recognizes any saves made with it as not fitting.
Just to clarify: The game you are trying to load was saved on the exact same version of the mod, without changing any gamefiles or adding other mods?

Slaylife

Aug 21, 2016
Just to clarify: The game you are trying to load was saved on the exact same version of the mod, without changing any gamefiles or adding other mods?
Yeah, I began my experience with this mod for the first time and saved (and later tried to load) ver 0.49.2.3

I did not try to load any saves made in the unmodded version.

The only changes I made were enabling NTR and asking for condom. I wouldn't expect it to matter...

Slaylife

Aug 21, 2016
I noticed that it might be due to saving during the tutorial. Choosing to skip the tutorial allows the game to load normally. Quite a surprise...

Reactions: eldoen

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
I noticed that it might be due to saving during the tutorial. Choosing to skip the tutorial allows the game to load normally. Quite a surprise...
Well... saving during the tutorial can cause issues... the code for that part is a bit... lacking. Its part of the vanilla game and untouched by the mod. Vren should really take some time to rewrite and expand the tutorial at some point.

ZEXX

Aug 24, 2017
Does she like or love taking control? Thats the only thing that comes to mind that might interact with obidience other than serum traits...
That's what it was ,i was trying to figure it out then i thought what if it's a trait ,so i looked over her profile info and i saw that trait there ,so 2 trance suggestions later she no longer loses loyalty everyday.

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
Neither, I don't see a traceback.txt. either. Only the log file.
Just downloaded the pre modded game version for 0.49.2.3 and saw that the folder is included there for mac support. Wasnt aware of it since I only use the beta version of the mod. So its safe to assume that its unrelated to the issue.

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
That's what it was ,i was trying to figure it out then i thought what if it's a trait ,so i looked over her profile info and i saw that trait there ,so 2 trance suggestions later she no longer loses loyalty everyday.
Well one mystery solved :D

Slaylife

Aug 21, 2016
Does anyono know how to find aunt Rebecca's apartment? The MC's mother asked to cheer her up but I cannot find her on the map.

PokeyPoke

Sep 24, 2017
Does anyono know how to find aunt Rebecca's apartment? The MC's mother asked to cheer her up but I cannot find her on the map.
It unlocks to be viewable after aunt Rebecca moves to the apartment.
That occurs after she moves in and then she'll tell you she found an apartment and ask you to help her move.
Regardless if you helped her move she will move into it a week or so later and the apartment should unlock once that occurs.
Otherwise you could always use the console to change MC's location to the aunt's location.
Aunt could also be out of her apartment.

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
Your Aunt and Cousin will be moving into your home around two or three weeks after the start of game, and after that move into their new appartment. The Taboo revisit Dialoge is a bit incosistend in terms of the current state of the story progression. Just wait until they move in, then you can start working on your aunt.

Reactions: Slaylife

Slaylife

Aug 21, 2016
It unlocks to be viewable after aunt Rebecca moves to the apartment.
That occurs after she moves in and then she'll tell you she found an apartment and ask you to help her move.
Regardless if you helped her move she will move into it a week or so later and the apartment should unlock once that occurs.
Otherwise you could always use the console to change MC's location to the aunt's location.
Aunt could also be out of her apartment.
So her appearance is random or depends on how much one progressed in the game? Because even though the mom gave me the quest to cheer her up and told me she was divorced and lives in another city there is no option to visit her in anyway nor does she visit the MC's home.

How change the location via console btw?

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
So her appearance is random or depends on how much one progressed in the game? Because even though the mom gave me the quest to cheer her up and told me she was divorced and lives in another city there is no option to visit her in anyway nor does she visit the MC's home.

How change the location via console btw?
The day they move in is randomly chosen at start of the game but its set in a way that they move into their own appartment around day 30-35 if I remember correctly.

Reactions: eldoen and Slaylife

DragonUltimaX

Oct 26, 2017
Do you have the same issue when trying to run any other renpy game? If thats not the case, I dont know what to do either. I would suggest to go to the mod discord and try your luck there. There are far more poeple with better knowledge than me.
Will do and thanks for trying. Nope, just this game, I assume theres a file missing or corrupted that I'm not seeing.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes