4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
correct

using the pre-packaged install from the mega link at the bottom of OP
the issue is persistent saves, survive across multiple installs. would wait and see if Trist's update resolve this issue. but some of what was being described was signals to me that early corruption may be happening.

vonbek

Apr 23, 2020
the issue is persistent saves, survive across multiple installs. would wait and see if Trist's update resolve this issue. but some of what was being described was signals to me that early corruption may be happening.
Leads me to ask as I'm happy to nuke and play from new each time till we are at "Gold" release.

Where and which are the persistents as it seems this update has borked my previous saves so need to restart anyway? That way I can nuke the persistent save too and have aclean slate to work from.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Leads me to ask as I'm happy to nuke and play from new each time till we are at "Gold" release.

Where and which are the persistents as it seems this update has borked my previous saves so need to restart anyway? That way I can nuke the persistent save too and have aclean slate to work from.
the game saves in 2 locations. The first is directly in the /game/saves folder. This usually isn't an issue since you should have a fresh new install and pitch the old game install completely each update. The other location can be found in your users/(your_profile_name)/app data/roaming/Renpy directory. Should see a folder called LR2-Proto-(bunch of numbers). Just delete that whole folder as well as it contains copies of all the saves and persistent file. Oh.. and the App Data folder is hidden so make sure you have your system set to view hidden files. Then the game will recreate all of these fresh and clean the next time you save from your fresh install.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017
Can't get weekend serum to work - workdays function as intended.
Latest full game install, more than adequate serum stock, enabled policy and all relevant options per employee. Any quick & dirty fixes?

vonbek

Apr 23, 2020
the game saves in 2 locations. The first is directly in the /game/saves folder. This usually isn't an issue since you should have a fresh new install and pitch the old game install completely each update. The other location can be found in your users/(your_profile_name)/app data/roaming/Renpy directory. Should see a folder called LR2-Proto-(bunch of numbers). Just delete that whole folder as well as it contains copies of all the saves and persistent file. Oh.. and the App Data folder is hidden so make sure you have your system set to view hidden files. Then the game will recreate all of these fresh and clean the next time you save from your fresh install.
cheers, exactly what I was looking for. the saves folder is usually easy to find, was more to see if persistent was someplace weird which it is :D

malxce

Feb 9, 2018
running to this error trying to run lab rats 2

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1, in script
init -10 python: #Init -10 is used for all project wide imports of external resources
File "game/script.rpy", line 1, in script
init -10 python: #Init -10 is used for all project wide imports of external resources
File "game/script.rpy", line 13, in <module>
import unittest
ImportError: No module named unittest

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
How can one progress in the Sarah/Erica story? The game wants me to talk to Sarah about convincing girls to do yoga. No such conversation option shows up and despite me having convinced some girls myself, nothing else happens.

Jed

Feb 28, 2017
How can one progress in the Sarah/Erica story? The game wants me to talk to Sarah about convincing girls to do yoga. No such conversation option shows up and despite me having convinced some girls myself, nothing else happens.
If I remember right, the fastest way to do this is to research Mind Control Drugs (or maybe just Blood Brain Penetration) and choose the option to pay for using those drugs during counseling sessions. Then wait a bit, and Sarah will ask for permission to use those drugs to convince people to join the yoga squad.

You should also be able to do it via the 'Add a New Opinion' trance option now that I think about it. Probably even faster than the research method.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
make sure you have enough employees and have one of the coffee serum enabled eventually enough employees will be nudged. as it is a back ground thing in the game.

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
There are 11 serums to be found thanks to Nora's questionaires:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is very helpful! Do you know how to disable novelty? I think it was added by modding (I never played the vanilla version), and while I can manually change the novelty back, I personally am not interested in the mechanic.

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
Some of the quest characters have fertility in the negative 100's, is this intenional or a bug?

Jul 1, 2017
Deleted 0.51.1.1 and purged relevant %appdata% folder, downloaded and running 0.51.1.2 - weekday serum running normal and still no weekend serum. I give up...

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
Deleted 0.51.1.1 and purged relevant %appdata% folder, downloaded and running 0.51.1.2 - weekday serum running normal and still no weekend serum. I give up...
You have to set the girl's duties to take weekend serums on top of daily serums. If you don't see it in available duties then buy the policy

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
What do red handcuffs mean?
Handcuffs.PNG

If anyone is curious, the green bottle means the person is under the influence of a serum, the eye means she is in a trance you can take advantage of, and the three drops indicate high arousal. I don't know what the red handcuffs mean, though.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes