4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

techguy00

May 3, 2021
I'm not a fan of the change from love being a number to being hearts. I much prefer the number. Any chance of a future preference to change the love and sluttiness display on the main screen to numbers?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I'm not a fan of the change from love being a number to being hearts. I much prefer the number. Any chance of a future preference to change the love and sluttiness display on the main screen to numbers?
It was put on the 2nd page with numbers.
The harts make it look better than numbers.
Lab_Rats_2_Mod 2023-04-14 17-22-48-53.jpg Lab_Rats_2_Mod 2023-04-14 17-22-55-03.jpg
I doubt they will bring it back to the main page.

techguy00

May 3, 2021
I'm aware it's there. I don't like having to do an extra click each time I need to confirm it. Early on in the game I check this state A LOT to determine when to switch from small talk, to compliment, to flirt because those are only affective in narrow ranges.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I'm aware it's there. I don't like having to do an extra click each time I need to confirm it. Early on in the game I check this state A LOT to determine when to switch from small talk, to compliment, to flirt because those are only affective in narrow ranges.
Well this isn't an issue anymore since you can only do 3 of those actions and thus you cannot just spam small talk to unlock compliment and spam flirt to get to sluttines 20. Those days are over :sneaky:

techguy00

May 3, 2021
Even if there are gameplay improvements my preference is numbers vs icons because the icons are difficult to decipher the exact numbers for. I've posted my feature request for an option to flip it. They'll add it or they won't. I won't bring it up any further.

Urpo

Dec 31, 2018
Even if there are gameplay improvements my preference is numbers vs icons because the icons are difficult to decipher the exact numbers for. I've posted my feature request for an option to flip it. They'll add it or they won't. I won't bring it up any further.
Yes, since game does hard checks against numbers, the heart system feels like a bad choice ever time you have to eyeball if a color is close to a target number.

Is there any chance of new art for the characters? Game still has very limited amount of pieces for faces and hair. Black skin color option looks like someone from 1920's is doing blackface because of this. Also lack of possible variety makes system like random npc generation, hair style changes and cloning almost pointless.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I don't care about numbers, when I see the harts not moving then it time for a date or a lot of sex.

Heruactic

Dec 1, 2018
Hey guys, since the mod got merged with the game files i cant seem to edit the individual files. I liked to tweak serum effects and company policies to my own specifications. Is there a way to still edit the individual files?

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Hey guys, since the mod got merged with the game files i cant seem to edit the individual files. I liked to tweak serum effects and company policies to my own specifications. Is there a way to still edit the individual files?
I thought there weren't individual files for each individual vanilla serum in the mod, ever. There were?? I haven't seen them since i first took a look years ago.

The way the mod works and i thought always worked is that it just adds individual files to stuff it added. So it either never existed in vanilla or adds something on top of vanilla in which case the individual file only deals with the added extra and still relies on the original file, it hooks into that.

So you have to modify the original serum files if you want to tinker serums that are present in the vanilla. But no. There are no MOD files that breaks down the original vanilla stuff into separate files to hook into. MOD files hook into the original one file in case of serum traits that lists all serum traits.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
With the mod adding in "Harem" Manson and you can have all your girlfriends move there and all of them see you have sex with the girls the Harem Tag in now needed.
Lab_Rats_2_Mod 2023-04-15 11-00-12-85.jpg

Larans

Oct 15, 2019
I'd think if you grab an original install of the Vren version you can use that as a base. Those files should still be available, though you might have to finangle things a bit more.
I thought there weren't individual files for each individual vanilla serum in the mod, ever. There were?? I haven't seen them since i first took a look years ago.

The way the mod works and i thought always worked is that it just adds individual files to stuff it added. So it either never existed in vanilla or adds something on top of vanilla in which case the individual file only deals with the added extra and still relies on the original file, it hooks into that.

So you have to modify the original serum files if you want to tinker serums that are present in the vanilla. But no. There are no MOD files that breaks down the original vanilla stuff into separate files to hook into. MOD files hook into the original one file in case of serum traits that lists all serum traits.
The way the mod is packaged it doesn't have the plain text versions of the files which makes it a lot harder to modify on the fly. Before you'd be able to change the values of a serum inside the file and just go on, even if it's a single large script file. Now you need to do that through a mod file which is an extra level of headache.

Jan 17, 2022
Python:
File "game/game_roles/role_sister/role_sister_instapic.rpy", line 1478: non-default argument follows default argument
label sister_new_boobs_brag_label(from_serum = False, the_person):
^ Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Sun Apr 16 09:59:49 2023:cry: :cry::cry:

How to Fixing??...... I'm Downloading from here forum web it's. . .

*Sorry I'm RIP English Language

Reactions: Heruactic

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
The way the mod is packaged it doesn't have the plain text versions of the files which makes it a lot harder to modify on the fly. Before you'd be able to change the values of a serum inside the file and just go on, even if it's a single large script file. Now you need to do that through a mod file which is an extra level of headache.
Oh. OOoohh now i see! :LOL: I'm sorry, my bad, i can't even remember the last time i used the all-in-one package so i'm totally used to the loose structure of the BETA files :giggle:

Reactions: Heruactic

FusiFranse

Apr 28, 2020
short review while I tested the "packed" one:
at the beginning I had ctd but later realized, that an 64-Bit exe appeared (which, I believe, wasn't there as I created the first desktop shortcut ). Using the 32-Bit instead of 64.. Auto-Forward sometimes has problems to print the MC-Arousal, MC-Energy, Girl-Arousal/-Energy/-relationrelated figures, animations, text ... blabla .... in a fluent way, which finally froze my desktop and even when cold starting it, the screen didn't switch on. It looked like the same frozen state as before.
Seems solved, since 64-Bit.exe

gameplay:
during first week, the only difference I've realized to previous release was Sarah showing up at Early Morining on Thursday, which isn't a problem at all but doesnt show in "?"
The nanobot quest started in 2nd or 3rd week, which I appreciate, but I wasn't eager for them to use so I hired the IT-Girl at something like day 60+.
As I was used from previous release where I manipulated some Energy related files, I had a really hard time for each girl to talk to during the days. Reaching 200 in +5 steps at gym is in my opinion an ridiculous game.
8 conversations at start and later on limited by 3 for each kind of conversation to master serum traits, is another fail in my opinion.
As I tried to get going one girl, I failed x-times to get to banging her. For most, MC just kissed and groped and had to walk away with his wet patch.
Jenn and Lilly do have 3 step tasks, right? Thereafter it's a race to trigger the threesome, right? Don't know what's the trigger but the scene appeared at around day 80, fyi.
At day 90 I haven't met the gamers shop owner at her place.
Either I modified the Cara trigger points previously or it has been gotten more difficult to reach the stakes.
Candace, I believe, got more difficult too, as you only could talk 6 times for +1|+2 happiness or otherwise have to build a serum particularly for her. Her mood downdrop isn't monday, friday and weekend, or work, pants, pink, .... isn't it?

Between day 80 and 90 Stephanie said, she is bored and I told her the truth about clarity. ...previously at latest in week 3 ?
Day counter for renovating anything .... really? I think it's gamebreaking like a 8+ Turn serum build and given to a girl....

.... tbc

Last edited:

techguy00

May 3, 2021
I am getting this error on version 0.51.3.1:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 383, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4258, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1175, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 743, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1399, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 279, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1399, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1084, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1019, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 332, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 383, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 403, in save
    reraise(t, e, tb)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 389, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "renpy/compat/pickle.py", line 51, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, PROTOCOL)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business 0.51.3.1
Sun Apr 16 20:40:43 2023
After I hypnotize someone this error pops up anytime I attempt to save. I originally discovered it while trying to hypnotize Kaya Greene on our first meeting. After that I tried on a variety of characters both randoms and named both first meeting and had many interactions and this breaks my ability to save seemingly everytime. I'm not sure if there are any other factors, but wanted to make sure I reported it. (For clarification the action is "Hypnotize her -30 Serum: Hypnotism" from the personal serum Physical Feat of Hypnotism)

Additional note: This first occurred for me while the hypnotism feat was fully upgraded but I hadn't been told that by Ashley (the discussion where she says based on research with permanent bimbofication it was upgraded). I tested and I still have the unable to save error even if I have that discussion with Ashley first. So I guess I will just avoid that power.

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
i dont know is this caused by joiplay's update or game's , i cant play on my phone anymore
Renp'y had another update
And now the joiplay app doesn't comply unless you have the most updated version from the Patreon

short review while I tested the "packed" one:
at the beginning I had ctd but later realized, that an 64-Bit exe appeared (which, I believe, wasn't there as I created the first desktop shortcut ). Using the 32-Bit instead of 64.. Auto-Forward sometimes has problems to print the MC-Arousal, MC-Energy, Girl-Arousal/-Energy/-relationrelated figures, animations, text ... blabla .... in a fluent way, which finally froze my desktop and even when cold starting it, the screen didn't switch on. It looked like the same frozen state as before.
Seems solved, since 64-Bit.exe

gameplay:
during first week, the only difference I've realized to previous release was Sarah showing up at Early Morining on Thursday, which isn't a problem at all but doesnt show in "?"
The nanobot quest started in 2nd or 3rd week, which I appreciate, but I wasn't eager for them to use so I hired the IT-Girl at something like day 60+.
As I was used from previous release where I manipulated some Energy related files, I had a really hard time for each girl to talk to during the days. Reaching 200 in +5 steps at gym is in my opinion an ridiculous game.
8 conversations at start and later on limited by 3 for each kind of conversation to master serum traits, is another fail in my opinion.
As I tried to get going one girl, I failed x-times to get to banging her. For most, MC just kissed and groped and had to walk away with his wet patch.
Jenn and Lilly do have 3 step tasks, right? Thereafter it's a race to trigger the threesome, right? Don't know what's the trigger but the scene appeared at around day 80, fyi.
At day 90 I haven't met the gamers shop owner at her place.
Either I modified the Cara trigger points previously or it has been gotten more difficult to reach the stakes.
Candace, I believe, got more difficult too, as you only could talk 6 times for +1|+2 happiness or otherwise have to build a serum particularly for her. Her mood downdrop isn't monday, friday and weekend, or work, pants, pink, .... isn't it?

Between day 80 and 90 Stephanie said, she is bored and I told her the truth about clarity. ...previously at latest in week 3 ?
Day counter for renovating anything .... really? I think it's gamebreaking like a 8+ Turn serum build and given to a girl....

.... tbc
There is literally a tab for reviews you silly goose
You have just made sure your review to be lost to the flow of time

techguy00

May 3, 2021
Thanks for the reply, but Alex is hired and her stats are pretty well and maxed. 200 Happiness, 100% slut, 255 obedience, 100 love, is girlfriend and company model.

Just tried going on a few dates with her to the movies and a restaurant hoping something would trigger. No luck even with save scumming and repeating a few times with different opptions.

I also see Myrabelle Cassidy is listed as her friend.

Perhaps having her as a girlfriend is affecting the trigger from occurring???
I'm having the same issue. I can't get the Myrabell stuff to trigger. I don't have Alexia as a girlfriend, but I am having an affair with her (and I can't find a breakup option). Another possible factor is I ignored her until very late into the game (like having learned every trait in all 4 tiers late). Alexia is working for me and has most of her stats very high.

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes