4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
New patch update for those testing the Renpy 8.1 alpha/beta version of the game.

Tristimdorion — Today at 6:12 AM
Here is patch 2023.06.07 for the Renpy 8.1 build:
Changes: cup D and larger now is considered 'large tits' in code (was 'E'), condom is asked after position is chosen, minor layout update on map, fixed reported bugs.

I just woke up so now to go read a bunch of bug reports and see how far along the new version is.

Deane9850

Jan 4, 2018
for those testing the renpy 8.1 version, do note that there's a significant change to the gameplay for both wooing mom and sis.

Reactions: eldoen

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
for those testing the renpy 8.1 version, do note that there's a significant change to the gameplay for both wooing mom and sis.
If you are thinking about the forced taboo breaking order of oral --> anal --> vaginal, it is not really a big change, considering that the dialogue has always been justifying anal as not being real sex. It was weird to read that dialogue after she was already accepting to do vaginal whenever you want.

Reactions: graverobber

TeoNZ

Apr 24, 2019
Thanks for all the work on continuing this great game. With all the mods and changes, could someone create a simple hints for the first few weeks on what would be a good start, please?
Cheers

Reactions: 720NoScope

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Now everyone can test the new Renpy 8.1 version and the download links are on the OP under the "Spoiler" tag called "" Beta Version: ""

The old AIO is still on the OP if you want it but the new version is under the spoiler tag for "Beta Version:".

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
With the beta release source code is back and sync and back in the DEV branch. as per the instructions in the beta spoiler and as was the case with the 51.3.1 release the AIO contains the archive version of the game. You don't need to Unren the game to get the sources.

I want to congratulate Trist and Starbuck on the Beta release.

ACME

Feb 9, 2018
When talking to Steph about giving test subjects to advance reasearch i get this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/employee_overview_ui.rpy", line 38, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/employee_overview_ui.rpy", line 38, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/employee_overview_ui.rpy", line 222, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/employee_overview_ui.rpy", line 222, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Business' object has no attribute 'college_interns_unlocked'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "bugfix_additions/compatibility_fix.rpyc", line 171, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 453, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 562, in script call
  File "game_roles/role_head_researcher.rpyc", line 373, in script
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\exports.py", line 3336, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 3499, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 3969, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 605, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 605, in visit_all
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 3969, in <lambda>
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/employee_overview_ui.rpy", line 222, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/business_screens/employee_overview_ui.rpy", line 222, in <module>

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business 2023.06.08-beta
Fri Jun  9 05:48:36 2023

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
When talking to Steph about giving test subjects to advance reasearch i get this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "bugfix_additions/compatibility_fix.rpyc", line 171, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 453, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 562, in script call
  File "game_roles/role_head_researcher.rpyc", line 373, in script
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\exports.py", line 3336, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 3499, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 3969, in interact_core
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 3969, in <lambda>
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business 2023.06.08-beta
Fri Jun  9 05:48:36 2023
did you download the source also?? showing several duplicated lines in that error message, if so not alll the .rpa files were deleted. Should just be one very large .rpa file left

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Thanks for all the work on continuing this great game. With all the mods and changes, could someone create a simple hints for the first few weeks on what would be a good start, please?
Cheers
Don't hire anyone during the first week.

Just focus on working out in the gym (drinking lots of coffee helps) while letting Stephanie reserach a few serum traits.

Once you have at least 2 traits + high capacity, design a new serum with high capacity.

Once the new serum is researched, hire one girl for each position (HR, Marketing, Supply and production) and set production to produce and automatically sell the new serum.

To avoid running out of money let your sister post instapics and accept $50 each time.

Once production is up and running with a stable income you can pretty much focus on anything you like.

When you have 15-20k buy all skill related business policies from the Recruitment tab and replace the first girls you hired with better and sluttier ones (you can fire them during performance review, Punish for poor performance, threathen to fire and actually do it).

If you don't want to be bothered by the city representative only sell serums with 1 or 2 attention and buy the policy which reduces attention by 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: rb813 and jura7

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Cheers
Don't hire anyone during the first week.

Just focus on working out in the gym (drinking lots of coffee helps) while letting Stephanie reserach a few serum traits.

Once you have at least 2 traits + high capacity, design a new serum with high capacity.

Once the new serum is researched, hire one girl for each position (HR, Marketing, Supply and production) and set production to produce and automatically sell the new serum.

To avoid running out of money let your sister post instapics and accept $50 each time.

Once production is up and running with a stable income you can pretty much focus on anything you like.

When you have 15-20k buy all skill related business policies from the Recruitment tab and replace the first girls you hired with better and sluttier ones (you can fire them during performance review, Punish for poor performance, threathen to fire and actually do it).

If you don't want to be bothered by the city representative only sell serums with 1 or 2 attention and buy the policy which reduces attention by 1.
The only thing missed in this was you need to go into marketing department and find new customers or you will lose money.
You start out with a small customer base and every day you will lose some so you need to find new ones so you can keep your serums at the same level in price as when you made them.

The one I did said the price was 76 then after several days the price was down to 33 and not covering daily cost anymore.
This is what happens if you don't find new customers in the marketing department.

ACME

Feb 9, 2018
did you download the source also?? showing several duplicated lines in that error message, if so not alll the .rpa files were deleted. Should just be one very large .rpa file left
It was a clean install, the only thing i didn't delete was save files.
Have to start again...

CrimsonINC

Sep 15, 2017
Silly question, if multiple unique girls show up in the hiring screen, and you only hire one, will the other show up as an applicant again? For example, Paige Sallow and Dinah Midari both showing up in the applicant pool, If I hire Paige, will Dinah ever be in the applicant pool again?

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
The only thing missed in this was you need to go into marketing department and find new customers or you will lose money.
You start out with a small customer base and every day you will lose some so you need to find new ones so you can keep your serums at the same level in price as when you made them.

The one I did said the price was 76 then after several days the price was down to 33 and not covering daily cost anymore.
This is what happens if you don't find new customers in the marketing department.
Isn't 1 girl in marketing more than enough for the tiny production in the early game?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Isn't 1 girl in marketing more than enough for the tiny production in the early game?
I don't know because I always send MC in there every day and do it at least once until I get enough girls to keep it level.
I never checked if 1 was good enough for it and just had MC do it once a day.

You can test it out once you make the serum, but remember you will lose customers while you are working on getting that first serum ready for sell so have MC go in there once a day to keep your level up.

Baneusprime

Aug 3, 2018
Silly question, if multiple unique girls show up in the hiring screen, and you only hire one, will the other show up as an applicant again? For example, Paige Sallow and Dinah Midari both showing up in the applicant pool, If I hire Paige, will Dinah ever be in the applicant pool again?
They show up in town afterwards, either unemployed or with another job.

• Hey there
Reactions: CrimsonINC

AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
Are nanobots currently broken/disabled?

I have to admit I tend to quickly click away any text I recognize from previous times I've played the game so I might be mistaken but I'm fairly certain I had the talk about them with Stephanie, it's just that the game has progressed for weeks since then and nothing more has happened.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes