4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Are nanobots currently broken/disabled?

I have to admit I tend to quickly click away any text I recognize from previous times I've played the game so I might be mistaken but I'm fairly certain I had the talk about them with Stephanie, it's just that the game has progressed for weeks since then and nothing more has happened.
have you updated to the latest scripts file. there was an issue, has been resolved and a beta update was issue. file name will have 2023-06-09

AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
have you updated to the latest scripts file. there was an issue, has been resolved and a beta update was issue. file name will have 2023-06-09
Thanks, I grabbed the latest source from gitgud yesterday and while there's been a few more changes since then, as far as I can tell any relevant fixes should've been in the version I grabbed but I might've done something wrong when trying to apply it manually, might be safer to just download the latest build instead, though I like having access to the rpy-files when things crash.

Or maybe I need a restart, if I started the game with the bugged version, maybe some trigger has gotten broken?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Are nanobots currently broken/disabled?

I have to admit I tend to quickly click away any text I recognize from previous times I've played the game so I might be mistaken but I'm fairly certain I had the talk about them with Stephanie, it's just that the game has progressed for weeks since then and nothing more has happened.
It changed several months to a year ago, you must go talk to Steph and check her right panel and see what is there.
Did you have her test a serum yet?

AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
It changed several months to a year ago, you must go talk to Steph and check her right panel and see what is there.
Did you have her test a serum yet?
Yeah, I have the test a serum option but nothing about nanobots. It's been at least 40-50 in game days since Stephanie talked to me about the nanobots but it hasn't progressed from there, she hasn't returned and said that they're available and there's nothing there when I design serums.

But since I started the game with the 2023.06.08 version of the beta and Eldoen mentioned a fix in the 2023.06.09 version I might just have ended up with a bugged save, either from starting with the bugged version or from my attempts at manually upgrading it with the files from gitgud :)

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Yeah, I have the test a serum option but nothing about nanobots. It's been at least 40-50 in game days since Stephanie talked to me about the nanobots but it hasn't progressed from there, she hasn't returned and said that they're available and there's nothing there when I design serums.

But since I started the game with the 2023.06.08 version of the beta and Eldoen mentioned a fix in the 2023.06.09 version I might just have ended up with a bugged save, either from starting with the bugged version or from my attempts at manually upgrading it with the files from gitgud :)
You must understand that the beta version can break saves when it gets updated and is why it is a beta version.

A new game maybe needed.

What exactly have you done with the bots?

Reactions: yoloyolo123

AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
You must understand that the beta version can break saves when it gets updated and is why it is a beta version.

A new game maybe needed.

What exactly have you done with the bots?
To be honest I'm not entirely sure how for I had gotten since I habitually click past things a bit to fast but as far as I can remember I almost hadn't done anything. Stephanie had come in and told me about the bots and that it would take a while before hearing back from her contact but it never progressed from there.

I ended up activating the console and manually triggering the next event by running call fetish_serum_quest_intro_followup_label() and now things are moving forward again and I can actually add nanobots to my serums but with such a "hack-y" way of doing it, I wouldn't be surprised if I run into other issues further down the line so I might still consider starting a new game :)

JoZEr

Apr 18, 2020
I noticed in the new version (6/8 beta) that mousing over side effects for a serum no longer shows what that effect does.

frepyou

Aug 4, 2018
can any 1 walk me through the install of the following mods
i can not figure out what i am doing wrong
LR2 Silenced Mods
LR2 Mods

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Nanobots are tier 2 so must be tier 2 first and moved from tier 1 to tier 2 when Trances were introduced to the game. There was a bug that was preventing them and some other traits from showing up but whould be resolved in the beta update 2023-06-09 scripts.rpa, or i in the latest dev source.

Last edited:

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Before I edit the above post, Want to point out, latest gitgud DEV is no longer compatible with 51.3.1 or Bugfix. effective with Bugfix-merge merged into Dev Branch. Master is the current Market release of 51.3.1 and the last checkin to dev in April before the bugfix merge would be compatible.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
I noticed in the new version (6/8 beta) that mousing over side effects for a serum no longer shows what that effect does.
been a few other issues noted. since you mention 6/8 specifically there are updates in the beta tag if you are just installing the AIO, if you haven't updated to though can you check if still the case in the updated scripts. ??

mthrndr01

Apr 23, 2018
When trying to research the anal nanobots myself (unsure if it's fetish specific), I'm not able to actually do the research. Have Stephanie as the head researcher and present, but the button is still darkened and says that the head researcher must be present. I tried dropping her title and then reapplying it, but no luck there.

Zel zaraki

Nov 1, 2019
Can we have like preset cheats or an option of saving cheats/opinions so that we export it to other girls and not have to click every single one every time.

Oct 26, 2019
Bug report:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00library.rpy", line 303, in say
    who(what, interact=interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00director.rpy", line 293, in interact
    show_director = interact_base()
  File "renpy/common/00director.rpy", line 248, in interact_base
    if [ i for i in renpy.scriptedit.nodes_on_line(filename, line) if not isinstance(i, ALONE_NODES) ]:
  File "renpy/common/00director.rpy", line 248, in <lambda>
    if [ i for i in renpy.scriptedit.nodes_on_line(filename, line) if not isinstance(i, ALONE_NODES) ]:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'general_actions\\interaction_actions\\chat_actions.rpyc'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 371, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 362, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 457, in script call
  File "general_actions/interaction_actions/chat_actions.rpyc", line 295, in script call
  File "personality_types/general_personalities/introvert_personality.rpyc", line 25, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1371, in say
    renpy.store.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00library.rpy", line 303, in say
    who(what, interact=interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1266, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 930, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 666, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3370, in interact
    i()
  File "renpy/common/00director.rpy", line 293, in interact
    show_director = interact_base()
  File "renpy/common/00director.rpy", line 248, in interact_base
  File "renpy/common/00director.rpy", line 248, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/scriptedit.py", line 255, in nodes_on_line
    ensure_loaded(filename)
  File "renpy/scriptedit.py", line 92, in ensure_loaded
    renpy.parser.list_logical_lines(fn, add_lines=True)
  File "renpy/parser.py", line 248, in list_logical_lines
    with open(filename, "rb") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'general_actions\\interaction_actions\\chat_actions.rpyc'

Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business 0.51.3.1

gimme

Aug 6, 2016
this is a minor thing but can we have it so that unique characters have fixed (not randomly generated) last names and likes/dislikes? really appreciate how there seems to be a plan for iris since she's now a vandenberg.

forgotp

Nov 4, 2019
Can we have like preset cheats or an option of saving cheats/opinions so that we export it to other girls and not have to click every single one every time.
I'd love something like that for Research, having to do it from scratch for every new save is a pain

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes