4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Annoying BUG: ROLLBACK resets all cheat and regular character variables back to original variables across all characters in latest dev build just thought you'd ought to know >.< FIX: disable Rollback til its fixed

EDIT: tried disabling rollback in config did not work Tristim can there be a quick fix for this?

Also cheating/editing serums you go to exit serums/teirs screen and it resets back to original serums/teirs *head desk* why are the variables being so finicky right now sigh
The rollback is in an integral mechanic of Renpy and is automatically applied. It cannot be temporarily disabled, you can only disable it on an object by inheriting from a specific base class, but that would exclude it from rollback completely.

_brandi_

Apr 19, 2018
really like where this is going! there are just so many stories that can be told with these characters. Nora, to me, seemed like she had gotten her real inspiration before she was 30 and was trying to make a go of it when we got hired, and would love to get her backstory. gameplay is fun, though instead of a harem mansion maybe a women's dorm? with optional milking rooms and maybe moving some of the women from employees to, um, income sources from breast milk. then there is the whole other companies 'investment', that only gets a one time payoff and you aren't sending them any cash on the regular...that should be a whole new opportunity for 'testing' and getting a valued new source of income. still interpersonal stories are the real thing and more of those is always better. just some stray thoughts, no need to respond.

ACME

Feb 9, 2018
Beta 8.1
When hiring a second intern this error occurred

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/game_roles/business_roles/college_intern_role.rpy", line 135, in <module>
NameError: name 'person' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 456, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 422, in script call
  File "crises/limited_time_crises/general_LTE.rpyc", line 483, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 562, in script call
  File "game_roles/business_roles/college_intern_role.rpyc", line 135, in script
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2_8.1\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/game_roles/business_roles/college_intern_role.rpy", line 135, in <module>
NameError: name 'person' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business 2023.06.14-beta
Thu Jun 15 02:29:29 2023

Reactions: Tristim

cyber dine

May 27, 2020
Unfortunately, the Renpy PlugIn for JoiPlay has not yet been updated to Renpy8.1. We have some people experimenting with building an Android build, but that has not been successful yet.

Can I get link to download the previous version, it used to work.

slobber

May 19, 2019
Tristim / LZ_Starbuck / Trollden
I really appreciate your work - great job, great effort, many great content - you have my full respect.

I have two questions (requests?):
  1. trim
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
I'd honestly prefer they keep things as is. The mod team is doing great and I don't want anything more from them that would take away from their motivation and time.

The current commit seems to be the format they're most comfortable with and that is why we have the amazing result that we have now.

Logging activity/changes is probably one of the worst things someone can be bothered to do even when they're getting paid for it (at least, from what I've seen/experienced in the corporate world)

edit: also for the mentions of games similar to LR2 i think that's the beauty of LR2, it provides a really nice skeleton for sand box "fuck the whole city" scenarios. fantasy setting, futuristic setting, the potential is near limitless. fantasy setting of LR2 would be amazing especially with the wardrobe options. there is basically no game quite like LR2 where you knock up/bang so many women (other than incubus city and love+sex 2nd base) even haramase simulator didn't feel like you were doing much progress since most of the women had no identity

Last edited:

Silentdeath8

Nov 3, 2017
edit: also for the mentions of games similar to LR2 i think that's the beauty of LR2, it provides a really nice skeleton for sand box "fuck the whole city" scenarios. fantasy setting, futuristic setting, the potential is near limitless. fantasy setting of LR2 would be amazing especially with the wardrobe options. there is basically no game quite like LR2 where you knock up/bang so many women (other than incubus city and love+sex 2nd base) even haramase simulator didn't feel like you were doing much progress since most of the women had no identity
You can even make a good Free-Cities portage for Renpy engine...

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
mmm very nice, the new beta version is AWESOME!! :cool:;)

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
Hey everyone C: Does anyone know if there is someway for the "Realistic Pregnancy Content" option to have people who may not be on birth control instead of everyone defaulting to using it? I like that pulling out is not 100% effective, but I don't want everyone to default to using birth control. Maybe I could also add pulling out not being 100% effective into the "Semi-Realistic" as well? Does anyone know how to go about doing this?
Go to Preferences in the game option to change it

Oct 26, 2019
I'll be the one to say it: I hate incest. Two things I would like to see in this game:

1) A toggle when starting a new game to give Lily and Jennifer different last names than the player. Ideally this would also change the dialogue into some sort of "roommate" situation but I realize that's a lot of work. I like Lily and Jennifer as characters quite a lot but hate having to look past that glaring issue.

1a) Give the player similar storylines to Lily and Jennifer in other, non-relative characters. I shouldn't be obliged to corrupt my sister in order to move Erica's storyline, for example.

2) The ability to sleep overnight with lovers, not just Lily and Jennifer, with the same bonus to love. It's weird to have a fuck session with someone with, like, 150+ love and then just split for home.

I'm not being a shit. If this game wasn't fantastic, I wouldn't want it to be better. This criticism is with all gratitude for what's already been built. I don't doubt there are other players who basically feel the same way.

purplepirate

Jan 10, 2021
Is there a changelog for the beta version beyond the git commit log? It can be difficult to find and distinguish (at least for me) the major changes from the minor. If not, anyone mind giving me a quick summary of the changes, and a general direction that the mod is headed in at this time?

Great to see the mod take over as the mainline version of this game after it abandoned. My favorite game here and really underrated due to the lackluster graphics, which never bothered me. To anyone involved thanks for all of your great work!

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
I'll be the one to say it: I hate incest. Two things I would like to see in this game:

1) A toggle when starting a new game to give Lily and Jennifer different last names than the player. Ideally this would also change the dialogue into some sort of "roommate" situation but I realize that's a lot of work. I like Lily and Jennifer as characters quite a lot but hate having to look past that glaring issue.

1a) Give the player similar storylines to Lily and Jennifer in other, non-relative characters. I shouldn't be obliged to corrupt my sister in order to move Erica's storyline, for example.

2) The ability to sleep overnight with lovers, not just Lily and Jennifer, with the same bonus to love. It's weird to have a fuck session with someone with, like, 150+ love and then just split for home.

I'm not being a shit. If this game wasn't fantastic, I wouldn't want it to be better. This criticism is with all gratitude for what's already been built. I don't doubt there are other players who basically feel the same way.
There's a mod by Zenupstart on the discord called Noncest that changes the family girl's relation to you. I could've sworn the 2nd complaint is an option - but not in scripted events

Reactions: eldoen and SenPC

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
There's a mod by Zenupstart on the discord called Noncest that changes the family girl's relation to you. I could've sworn the 2nd complaint is an option - but not in scripted events
Thanks for the plug.

Yeah... Noncest v0.4a (Mostly BETA compatible, with a few nongame breaking bugs) is available on the discord, with some work underway towards a new release.

It's handled differently than the requestor stated it, since I didn't want to go the "landlady & tenant" route. MC instead finds out he was adopted "extra-legally", with some gameplay added around that.

Doesn't fully do what the requestor wanted, although have to say in the base game you can largely avoid the family stuff and not be penalized in the overall game. The team ups with Lily & Erica are pretty limited, and don't block other things. The one major blocker right now is still Gabrielle the Cousin. Reformulate still has her as the gateway to much of the advanced strip club stuff, and Noncest doesn't change that.

As for the sleep-overs. It's there, but you have to enable them in the mod settings... off by default. I think the code could use some updating, as it's a little out of date in style. That's probably why it's no longer active by default.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Anyone use afterd4rk's Nursery Mod? It "adds a nursery able to build in the home hub for your children when born, and serum to age up before interacting". I'm wondering if "home hub" is moved to the Harem Mansion when it's built, or if all my ladies live in the mansion and I'm stuck in my old family apartment with all the babies. Because, y'know, I'm worried about my immersive experience, here.

markconnor

Aug 31, 2020
I'll be the one to say it: I hate incest.
Always good to have standards. In a game in which you run a shady laboratory you try to keep hidden from regulatory agencies, where slaves you don't pay and whom you force to work naked (with the exception of your cum you let them wear) synthesize illegal mind and body-altering drugs you'll sell to anyone willing to pay so they can do whatever nefarious purposes they want like enhancing high school cheerleaders' breasts, made from drug supplies purchased entirely with sexual favors you forced your slaves to perform on strangers so that you can save your business funds for the strip club and building a sex dungeon, and whose designs were researched by you raping your slaves in front of your other slaves, all to support your ultimate goal of drugging and manipulating married women into getting knocked up with your kids and then forcing them to make their husbands believe those kids were their own so you can create a massive harem of brainwashed MILFs pumping out your brood with unnatural speed, all of whom you have no intention of raising or even financially supporting as a deadbeat dad, it's important to drawn the line at something.

:LOL:

I do have one question though. Lore-wise, why would your "older roommate" Jennifer give you the money to start up this business? And why then would she feel compelled to offer a striptease every weekend just to get back a return on some of her original investment? Just playing devil's advocate and pointing out that just calling her "roommate" or "landlady" and moving along without addressing the driving motiations of why some unrelated person would do the things they do requires just as much suspension of belief as telling yourself "this isn't really my mom / sister, it's just a game"

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Now the "mod" seems to be independant are there new girls models (faces) planned?

Silentdeath8

Nov 3, 2017
[FEATURE REQUEST] Add an easy to spot and find feature that tells us how many times we broke a taboo with someone, because I had difficulty figuring that out. I felt like I broke a taboo many times but was told that I haven't broke it enough times yet. Friend told me just now that he had the same problem. He felt like he broke it five times, but it was telling him he didn't break it five times so far. But neither of us knew how to find out how many times we broke it.
Have the same issue with pregnant womens who don't count as pregnant when i ask them to be my girlfriend.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Tristim
4.60 star(s) 56 Votes