4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
It worked!
it is fixed in LR2 Reformulate, work on 51.3.1 effectively stopped in mid April.

BTW, I encountered a bug with the Modelling position in my company. I had a model and wanted to switch to Alex when I hired her, so I did tell the former model she lost the position and assigned Alex to it, but I'm unable to do anymore photoshoot nor remove Alex from the model slut... slot, sorry for the misspelling :p
And apart from that, there is still the problem of the ad working only for 24h, I don't know if it's a feature or a bug, but 300 for a 24h sells increase is nowhere near a good deal...
I take it there is no trace when this happens.

What version is displayed on the about screen.??

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
I take it there is no trace when this happens.

What version is displayed on the about screen.??
I'm on 2023.06.30-beta, but I had the same problem on 2023.06.23-beta. Didn't try the 06.09 build but for me the last time it worked as expected was on 51.3.1

I also encountered another minor bug with a traceback :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Don't remember exactly where it happened, it might be after a night with Myra and Alex iirc, but don't take my word for it.

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
and btw, the message that ad revenue stopped on tuesday after my monday shooting is there since... at least v49

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
Good to know as that would a vanilla issue before the merge,
It was definetely before the merge, but I didn't go farther in investigating that. You receive the message 1 day after doing the photoshoot, but I can't tell you if you keep the ad revenue for the whole week or if it stops at that time.

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
I just want to whore out my family members for cash. Is that planned?
No, that's more of a gameplay kind of thing (Which you can almost do in the strip club). The plans that were laid out were more focused on finishing Vren's character stories. LR2's gameplay is really MC-sex focused, so I'm not sure how well that could be accomplished. If someone wants to make that as a mod, I'd love to see it though

vonbek

Apr 23, 2020
I've been exposed to nanobot technology and have unlocked several of these traits, but IT girls can't study them.
And Wednesday's test I only had two options unlocked.

How should this be solved?
Is it that the plot is not triggered and I need to wait?
thanks.
View attachment 2748987
View attachment 2748957
Content not coded yet for the other programmes, only basic and anal have coded testing events.

Reactions: ee6999

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Is there a way to add more clothing items to the game?
Yes. First you need to render that item for each body shape, and in each and every single pose of each body shape. Make sure to render it in white or at least greyscale so that the colours can be added by a filter in the display code. When you've done all that, let the modders know and I bet they'll be delighted to add the coding for it. It's the hundreds of renders per item to add that are the real headache.

Reactions: SenPC

ACME

Feb 9, 2018
Yes. First you need to render that item for each body shape, and in each and every single pose of each body shape. Make sure to render it in white or at least greyscale so that the colours can be added by a filter in the display code. When you've done all that, let the modders know and I bet they'll be delighted to add the coding for it. It's the hundreds of renders per item to add that are the real headache.
Adding to this, you need original body shapes and poses so everything aligns perfectly.

FusiFranse

Apr 28, 2020
Quick question:
Is there a further story on the guy who wants 1% of future sales if we choose to take his money?

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Nope, and the deal sucks.
Well, that's how pretty much all investment actually works. Early-stage investors usually expect to make at least 10 times their money back in 5 years. Otherwise it simply wouldn't be worth the huge risk (90% of investments fail, and the capital is a write-off). There are much, much safer investments that can be made with money, so the risk has to be worth it in higher reward. If you don't need the money, don't take investment.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Well, that's how pretty much all investment actually works. Early-stage investors usually expect to make at least 10 times their money back in 5 years. Otherwise it simply wouldn't be worth the huge risk (90% of investments fail, and the capital is a write-off). There are much, much safer investments that can be made with money, so the risk has to be worth it in higher reward. If you don't need the money, don't take investment.
The problem is that he doesn't show up early enough for the tiny amount of $5000 to be relevant.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
The problem is that he doesn't show up early enough for the tiny amount of $5000 to be relevant.
In my playthroughs I made the same decision. However, that event is one of Vren's and has been there since very, very early in the development, and the whole economics and money systems got revised a few times since then. I presume it was a lot more important when originally created, but simply wasn't a priority to update later. There's no negative consequence to not taking the investment.

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
In my playthroughs I made the same decision. However, that event is one of Vren's and has been there since very, very early in the development, and the whole economics and money systems got revised a few times since then. I presume it was a lot more important when originally created, but simply wasn't a priority to update later. There's no negative consequence to not taking the investment.
Honestly, even when Vren implemented it, it was not worth it. It would be good if they can offer you special contracts (honestly, I'm not a fan of the contracts system, they are really not needed to build a successful business, at least in normal difficulty) or a way to temper with the attention level. As it is, I don't even accept his visits anymore.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK
4.60 star(s) 56 Votes