4.60 star(s) 56 Votes
Sep 21, 2019
Yeah the public sex trick is great for making someone a slut (moreso than having sex with them yourself, actually)
What they are "ok" with seeing/offended by will depend on their sluttiness. Something like grope up to 20 sluttiness then fingering up to 40 then kneeling oral about to 50 (depends on their likes/loves/dislikes/hates as well I believe)

I didn't know the minimal employee was a thing. I guess I was always doing that. Between the Nora reward money and completing contracts I never had money issues. The MC becomes such a stat monster early on (through completion of the objectives for +base stats and +department competencies) that I typically only ever had 1 supply chain manager (so much effort to get Candy so I often had a random one hired before I got Candy), 1 HR (Sarah), 1 marketing (Alexia), 2 production, 3 or 4 research

I always preach a long playthrough wants the MC fully gym-ed up ASAP. This gives you way more success at seducing women/triggering trances since you can grope them/kneeling oral them to oblivion
Yeah me too. I was wondering why at day 150 I didn't trigger the advertised side quests given by the mods that give the game more flavour. So I tried to look at their source code (which I mostly don't understand because I never used renpy). Turns out they have a minimum employee requirement of 11 (the test is a strict < 10), at least for the ones I looked at.

Migl

Oct 7, 2017
I don't think this part of the quest is written yet. Actually, it seems that Vandenberg's wife doesn't allow lewd interactions now apart from just groping. Got her at 100 slutiness and 100 love, can't even trigger the scene that I encountered before where she asks you to stay for dinner. So for the time being, I'd say this quest is on hold.
Getting the invitation for Dinner ist possible after tutoring. Got this with around 40 sluttiness and 50 love or so. To get her sex options I think you have to have a a date on friday and then take "fuck her again" with beeing a paramour and perhaps also having "loves to cheat on men". Or you could just ask her to leave her husband, that also worked for me.

Masamunetan

Feb 22, 2022
I Renovate the home bathroom,and the construction is complete,but i can not find the bathroom on the map。
Dose anyone knows how to find it ?English is not my frist language,Thank for your answer。

Flippi

Apr 26, 2018
My game keeps crashingwhen I advance time. I've done some checking and I think I know exactly what the problem is. One of my serums has a side effect "random hair colour changes" which is active on 1 person.

Does anyone know how to use the console to remove active serums from a person? (I cannot delete the charater as it is the younger person that lives with you)

below is the full traceback of the error.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/game_loops/advance_time.rpy", line 411, in <module>
  File "game/game_loops/advance_time.rpy", line 233, in advance_time_run_turn
IndexError: string index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 475, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 453, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 562, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 475, in script call
  File "game_loops/advance_time.rpyc", line 316, in script call
  File "game_loops/advance_time.rpyc", line 408, in script
  File "E:\Games\test\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.07.11-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Games\test\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.07.11-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/game_loops/advance_time.rpy", line 411, in <module>
  File "game/game_loops/advance_time.rpy", line 233, in advance_time_run_turn
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person_ren.py", line 1795, in run_turn
  File "game/bugfix_additions/messaging_customization_ren.py", line 35, in generic_messages_wrapper
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/SerumDesign_ren.py", line 206, in run_on_turn
  File "game/bugfix_additions/messaging_customization_ren.py", line 35, in generic_messages_wrapper
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/SerumTrait_ren.py", line 149, in run_on_turn
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/_side_effect_traits_ren.py", line 82, in hair_colour_wild_on_turn
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/_serum_traits_ren.py", line 588, in hair_colour_change_on_turn
IndexError: string index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business 2023.07.11
Wed Jul 19 15:08:41 2023

ararrant

Mar 12, 2022
So despite Iris Vandenberg (Daughter of MC Mother's Boss) having the same last name as Emily Vandenberg (Girl you meet on uni campus and can tutor) and saying stuff like 'i'm at home' when I text her, she is nowhere to be found. In fact, since that first time interacting with her when she goes to her dad's work and he forgot about the meeting, I haven't seen her in game at all. If I hadn't gotten her phone number during that event, I never would have seen her again it seems.

Is this a glitch? are they supposed to be all living in this one house? And if not, how do I continue the Mom-and-boss questline? I know it's probably going to end with MC hiring her himself, but I want the satisfaction of absolutely wrecking Vendenberg Ltd. for threatening to fuck MC's mom.
She has her own separate living place. You can also see her during the Lily-buy-a-phone quest. Immediately after that quest, you can find her at the bar and do more interactions to the point of asking her to the movies (might be tight on hard mode) --> leads to her house reveal.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Android install instructions are pretty outdated and for some reason JoiPlay isn't being updated on play store anymore but you can get updated versions of the app and Ren'Py plugin from .
Looks like the game runs on my device at least. Now to tap tiny buttons while I play in bed.

jimdandy

Jul 1, 2017
I Renovate the home bathroom,and the construction is complete,but i can not find the bathroom on the map。
Dose anyone knows how to find it ?English is not my frist language,Thank for your answer。
You don't access the bathroom, except for random events at home. If you had the task to tour the bathroom, select the living room to access the bathroom for that.

Reactions: Masamunetan

SwissCheese

Nov 3, 2018
is there a one time limit or cooldown on the employee asking you to hire their mother/daughter? I had it fire once and it hasnt happened since.

grumble314

Nov 23, 2021
What clothing preference includes pasties? Had some girls start using them but don't know which clothing love it was from.

Justin9989

Oct 28, 2018
So when I open the console to activate the cheats it is random characters. Is there a way to easily translate these to English? I'm not a computer expert so be gentle. I loved the original and LR2 but the extra cash at the beginning really helps a ton. Not feeling like grinding the whole sandbox again. Thanks in advance.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
is there a one time limit or cooldown on the employee asking you to hire their mother/daughter? I had it fire once and it hasnt happened since.
It's RNG based that's determined by the frequency of events and the types you have enabled. Try disabling events from the MOD settings (accessed via your bedroom) and increasing event frequency.

grumble314

Nov 23, 2021
Is there something in particular you have to do to have more than just the foreplay menu with Ashley I mean she's a Girlfriend in Polyamory and can do more if she hops in a threesome but solo don't even get a full foreplay just kissing and groping.

pythia23

Aug 2, 2017
She has her own separate living place. You can also see her during the Lily-buy-a-phone quest. Immediately after that quest, you can find her at the bar and do more interactions to the point of asking her to the movies (might be tight on hard mode) --> leads to her house reveal.
lily has a buy-a-phone quest? what starts that? I have never encountered that, and there's nothing on her story page indicating it.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
lily has a buy-a-phone quest? what starts that? I have never encountered that, and there's nothing on her story page indicating it.
Its one of the taboo breaks, You try to convince her and one of the things she will offer you to do is get her a phone.

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
Is there something in particular you have to do to have more than just the foreplay menu with Ashley I mean she's a Girlfriend in Polyamory and can do more if she hops in a threesome but solo don't even get a full foreplay just kissing and groping.
You need to progress in her questline. There are new options unlocked some times around the concert date, for example, and some others from new events in your office afterwards (and once the situation with her sister is taken care of). I don't know if you can advance her questline without her sister being your gf, tbh.

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
Started a new game with the latest version from develop branch, and once you have crossed Iris once (during Lily phone taboo break event), she now appears on different location on the map. I bought the phone on saturday, and playing on epic I can just use talk/compliment/flirt 2x on each girl by time slot, so she wasn't even at 10 love after that event. The next day, she was at the gym, so now she is free from her house !

mytaur

Jun 20, 2017
Back after a long time to this game.

Is there a guide to "Special Events" occurrences like the strip club?

Example: To get the Strip club you have to go to a spot on the map and then for no particular reason "Wander the Streets" during the Evening Time Period only.

This is why I have never been a fan of those sandbox games that hide gameplay behind being in the right spot at the right time while touching some random object to make the story progress.

Oratorio

Aug 3, 2017
My game keeps crashingwhen I advance time. I've done some checking and I think I know exactly what the problem is. One of my serums has a side effect "random hair colour changes" which is active on 1 person.

Does anyone know how to use the console to remove active serums from a person? (I cannot delete the charater as it is the younger person that lives with you)

below is the full traceback of the error.
try:
the_person.serum_effects.clear()

(You need to have the person selected)

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
Back after a long time to this game.

Is there a guide to "Special Events" occurrences like the strip club?

Example: To get the Strip club you have to go to a spot on the map and then for no particular reason "Wander the Streets" during the Evening Time Period only.

This is why I have never been a fan of those sandbox games that hide gameplay behind being in the right spot at the right time while touching some random object to make the story progress.
Those are no longer the triggers for the strip club, iirc. Now you need to blackmail your cousin in telling you where she works every evening... And buying the strip club requires some steps with Cara. Some of the main girls (the ones with a star, but not all of them) have a progress for obedience/love/lust questlines in their bio, usually a good indicator of what there is to unlock. If it's been a long time, depending on your location a question mark may appear in the lower left corner of your screen about advancing the main quest (or giving you some ppl to interview for Nora when you've reached this point).
As for a comprehensive and complete guide to special events, I don't think that has been done, and due to the many intertwining questlines, it would be a particularly tedious task.Hell, even playing almost all version since 0.39, I still discover some events that were implemented many updates ago.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes