4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

krzay

May 24, 2021
Rebecca story progression: which requirements must be met for her to work part-time for me (and Cara)?

She renewed her CPA (1st event) and couldn't find a job (2nd event). The hint in the story progression tab suggests to visit her in the evening but it's been weeks now and there's no CPA-related event. In one of my saves I managed to trigger the event but I don't remember what I did.
I am also in a similar situation, unable to make progress on Aunt's obedience story Rebecca.png

Last edited:

MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
Not sure if it will help, I have a similar problems with settings like metric I have to toggle on every time start the game. I suspect it has to do with the persistent save. Might be that still has settings saved from older versions. Deleting both versions of that save might help. (sorry always forget where that second one is saved under C\users).
I was going mad not being able to work it out, but the Devs have seen my whimpering on Discord and pushed out an update that solves the problem I was having.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I was going mad not being able to work it out, but the Devs have seen my whimpering on Discord and pushed out an update that solves the problem I was having.
Nice, good to know, will see it when new AIO comes out in a month or two likely. :)

MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
I really increased it to 140 before View attachment 3722958
I have had games where raising Obedience over 120 before she completes her CPA training has locked me out. Also if I've had too much sex with her has also locked me out. And another issue that I've experienced is by advancing Cara's story too far by investing in the store has given me issues with Rebecca. This may have happened to you too. All you can do is give it another week and see if she contacts you. If she doesn't then visit her in the evenings and have a drink with her, but avoid sex with her incase you raise Obedience even higher and see if anything triggers. If it doesn't trigger by then, then it's likely that it's not going to.

• Red Heart
Reactions: krzay

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I really increased it to 140 before
Self-taught code translator here, here's what I came up with...

The "working on a CPA renewal" step happens when "aunt.progress.obedience_step == 1". So we would want to look at what changes that value to 2. It looks like that happens in an event called "aunt_accounting_cpa_renewal_label", which is added to the list of possible events in the event where you first find out she's working on the CPA renewal. The requirements for the event are "aunt.story_event_ready("obedience") and time_of_day == 3 and aunt.has_event_day("moved_out")". story_event_ready, as I understand it, basically just means waiting an amount of time since the last event, and how long that is depends on what you set the game speed at, but probably shouldn't be more than two weeks (as far as I can tell).

...Which means, if I'm reading the code correctly, that there's good news and bad news. The good news is, there's nothing else you need to do for that event to be in the list of events that can happen. The bad news is, there's nothing else you can do to make that event happen right away. Sometimes, unlocked events just get lost in the shuffle.

If the devs were here (or Harvey Danger), I might suggest that story events for scripted characters should have a sliding priority scale. Every time a TIER_3_TIME_DELAY passes without the event happening, then its priority would increase, or something like that. Or maybe it would be even better to have an addition to the cheat options, where players can manually select unlocked story events that they want to "push", and that event will happen in the next time period it's eligible. I think that would probably solve a lot of problems of players thinking, "why hasn't this event happened yet?"

krzay, if you have access to the console in your copy of the game, you can try typing aunt.story_event_ready("obedience") into the console. It should return True or False. If it's False, then you probably just need to wait a little longer (but I think if you put aunt.days_since_event("obedience_event") in the console, it'll tell you how long it's been since the previous event).

(And if anyone else here understands this stuff better, please tell me if I was wrong about anything.)

Last edited:

krzay

May 24, 2021
I have had games where raising Obedience over 120 before she completes her CPA training has locked me out. Also if I've had too much sex with her has also locked me out. And another issue that I've experienced is by advancing Cara's story too far by investing in the store has given me issues with Rebecca. This may have happened to you too. All you can do is give it another week and see if she contacts you. If she doesn't then visit her in the evenings and have a drink with her, but avoid sex with her incase you raise Obedience even higher and see if anything triggers. If it doesn't trigger by then, then it's likely that it's not going to.
Oh shit, I made all the mistakes you listed. I have to play again T_T

MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
Oh shit, I made all the mistakes you listed. I have to play again T_T
Keep plodding along a bit longer and see. What I mentioned is what I found happened in a few of my games. I mentioned Cara because you will get a scene with her where her accounts need sorting out. If Rebecca has been hired as your CPA then you can have her work on Fridays for Cara and you get extra scenes where they both model lingerie for you. If Rebecca isn't your CPA and you reach the point where you look at Cara's accounts, then you kind of shut yourself out from Rebecca helping Cara and those extra scenes, if that makes sense. As mentioned by rb813, Rebecca CPA is tied to her Obedience story and I have no idea why the CPA story gets delayed or doesn't progress for some people. Trust me, you are not the only one that is experiencing this issue.

Reactions: Ssato243 and krzay

krzay

May 24, 2021
Self-taught code translator here, here's what I came up with...

The "working on a CPA renewal" step happens when "aunt.progress.obedience_step == 1". So we would want to look at what changes that value to 2. It looks like that happens in an event called "aunt_accounting_cpa_renewal_label", which is added to the list of possible events in the event where you first find out she's working on the CPA renewal. The requirements for the event are "aunt.story_event_ready("obedience") and time_of_day == 3 and aunt.has_event_day("moved_out")". story_event_ready, as I understand it, basically just means waiting an amount of time since the last event, and how long that is depends on what you set the game speed at, but probably shouldn't be more than two weeks (as far as I can tell).

...Which means, if I'm reading the code correctly, that there's good news and bad news. The good news is, there's nothing else you need to do for that event to be in the list of events that can happen. The bad news is, there's nothing else you can do to make that event happen right away. Sometimes, unlocked events just get lost in the shuffle.

If the devs were here (or Harvey Danger), I might suggest that story events for scripted characters should have a sliding priority scale. Every time a TIER_3_TIME_DELAY passes without the event happening, then its priority would increase, or something like that. Or maybe it would be even better to have an addition to the cheat options, where players can manually select unlocked story events that they want to "push", and that event will happen in the next time period it's eligible. I think that would probably solve a lot of problems of players thinking, "why hasn't this event happened yet?"

krzay, if you have access to the console in your copy of the game, you can try typing aunt.story_event_ready("obedience") into the console. It should return True or False. If it's False, then you probably just need to wait a little longer (but I think if you put aunt.days_since_event("obedience_event") in the console, it'll tell you how long it's been since the previous event).

(And if anyone else here understands this stuff better, please tell me if I was wrong about anything.)
It has returned True rebecca3.png

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
It has returned True
In that case, either it will randomly happen at some point eventually, or there's some other prerequisite preventing it from happening that's buried deeper in the code than what I saw. The only other thing I can offer is that the event has a priority value of 30 when it's added to the list. It may be possible to use the console to increase that priority, but I don't know how to do that. You could try asking in the Discord (there is a channel for console commands), but I don't hang out there, so I don't know how likely they would be to help with that request.

Reactions: krzay

Gig1984

May 3, 2018
I had this error with the event "to test a serum" with Stephanie when I build this room and visited her. But this is my third new game on the same game version and the first time I see the error. Have I also progressed my relationship with her to far for this error to happen? And now I know where Stephanie and Ashley live after ignoring the error. I never have seen their home before.

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/game_roles/role_head_researcher.rpy", line 840, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_unique_on_room_enter_event'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 464, in script call
File "script.rpyc", line 464, in script call
File "script.rpyc", line 506, in script call
File "game_roles/role_head_researcher.rpyc", line 840, in script
File "E:\Downloads\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Downloads\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/game_roles/role_head_researcher.rpy", line 840, in <module>
File "game/people/Ashley/production_assistant_role_definition_ren.py", line 48, in add_mc_serum_intro_action
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_unique_on_room_enter_event'

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business 2024.05
Mon Jun 10 11:56:37 2024"

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017
Has pregnancy been included in this game yet?
Make sure you have the pregnancy settings on in the options. It gets way easier once you max out your serums (don't forget capacity-boosting ones like the aunt upgrade and the beginning capacity upgrade) with the ones that increase fertility and lowers birth control effectiveness. The one that you get from researching a pregnant NPC is really good. The fertility nanobot upgrades and the ones that increase pregnancy speed do not change fertility iirc. The fertility nanobot and personal serum upgrades increases the likelihood of a character developing a breeding fetish.

Reactions: lan1967

lan1967

Dec 15, 2017
Make sure you have the pregnancy settings on in the options. It gets way easier once you max out your serums (don't forget capacity-boosting ones like the aunt upgrade and the beginning capacity upgrade) with the ones that increase fertility and lowers birth control effectiveness. The one that you get from researching a pregnant NPC is really good. The fertility nanobot upgrades and the ones that increase pregnancy speed do not change fertility iirc. The fertility nanobot and personal serum upgrades increases the likelihood of a character developing a breeding fetish.
And the pregnant ones start to look like pregnant with large stomach?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017
And the pregnant ones start to look like pregnant with large stomach?
Yeah there's like an icon of a baby bottle if they tell you they are pregnant but unless you have a serum that increases pregnancy speed, it takes a bit before they get a belly. With a max'ed up pregnancy/breeding related serum, I think characters can get pregnant and give birth in like a week or so (especially if they are employees that you forced to take serums regularly).

Reactions: lan1967

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
YOU SEE?? IT WORKS! VINDICATION FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*ahem*

Yes, master - Igor has faithfully carried your suggestion to discord, master.

Has pregnancy been included in this game yet?
ye.

Will there be marriage in the future?
I mean, probably not? Everything but marriage is already there, including marriage-y petnames if her love is high enough. I don't see the two-person core team feeling particularly inspired to make a whole separate Thing for that any time soon - with that being said, as always, if someone were to do literally any of the groundwork as far as, like, laying out how the event would happen, what buffs/debuffs would occur as a result, what the script might look like - ALL things that don't require knowing a single line of code! - then the likelihood spikes quite substantially since that work's already done. Feel free to have at it! :)

• Haha
Reactions: DA22 and rb813

SwissCheese

Nov 3, 2018
Using the new develop branch version. Dunno if it matters that I used the old method of install (deleting rpa files except character_images.rpa and then copy/pasting game folder), but there are no aunt/cousins/grandmothers spawning in my game(did not play to see if there was anything funky with Rebecca or Gabriela).

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes