4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Mods are working but when I meet a female with apparently new face models, my game meet a crash and not even ignore or rollback can fix it :( Guess the only way is to wait till new release.
Download the bugfix linked in the thread / post. Your issue is happening because of a bug in the vanilla game.
You might have to start a new save after applying the bugfix since the non-existant faces are already assigned to characters.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Is there a download link for the mod for 30.x now?
Well the new original 0.30 by Vren was only released this week and last time it took mods about 2 weeks to update the modded version, remember they are not devs and working in their own free time.

Reactions: Warrior69

deadrabbit

Nov 16, 2017
Well the new original 0.30 by Vren was only released this week and last time it took mods about 2 weeks to update the modded version, remember they are not devs and working in their own free time.
No of course. Just asking, definitely no disrespect intended.

Last edited:
Reactions: DA22
Feb 12, 2018
Hi,

has anyone experienced the scenario where if you hire an employee (was a hooker). They just randomly disappear, they still appear on the register and count as an employee but don't appear in the assigned department?

I have asked on the main page but this clown keeps wasting my time and trolling me for likes and ego stroking....

Running the 0.29.1v with current released mods.

I am assuming once you hire someone the employee system from the main game takes over, and that this issue is with the main game. But I guess the people on that forum are too snowflakey to answer a question without being offended.
yes. Happened once in 0.28 and almost always in 0.31.
Funny bug (not sure if inherited): A girl you hire in production starts taking stuff (unassigned, non-paid, not-mandatory serum) and disappears forever, although still getting paid... psh women)) hahaha

Reactions: lolotech

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
pmf026
Thank you for your reply, you wont believe how condescending other forum is. Was she a hooker? a lady off the street or through employee selection channel?

Yes unfortunately she was my no.2 or 3 worker. Usually, i get one for production and marketing(she was in), and i fill in hr and supply.
Didnt have time to visit her home. She doesnt show wonder on weekends either, thats where I find it weird also....

Edit: Hmm I do see sometimes my worker/stripper combo's wondering around the shopping centers sometimes. Im like hoe go make me my ... oh wait im not a pimp....

Piter Georg

May 4, 2017
Thanks for mod's and hardly work. I hope the authors include a option to change characters traits. I tried to change the values in startup game inside scripts but the game gives some bugs and errors. I hate the lottery random principle for characters.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Hi,

has anyone experienced the scenario where if you hire an employee (was a hooker). They just randomly disappear, they still appear on the register and count as an employee but don't appear in the assigned department?

I have asked on the main page but this clown keeps wasting my time and trolling me for likes and ego stroking....

Running the 0.29.1v with current released mods.

I am assuming once you hire someone the employee system from the main game takes over, and that this issue is with the main game. But I guess the people on that forum are too snowflakey to answer a question without being offended.
I haven't had an employee randomly disappear, though I used to have a problem where a couple of randomly hired characters would send me a message about things getting too serious and feelings are now involved so they're leaving and blocking my number. I posted about it a few weeks back (the second paragraph):

Random question time: Is there a "cheat" that allows you to raise the Mastery of ALL Serums at once? I know there's a console cheat that allows you to raise the Mastery of the current research project, but doing that for every serum, one by one, takes quite a while. Just wondered if there was a way to just set the Mastery for all serums to something like 10 all in one go?

More serious question time: Is there a way to remove an employee from my staff after the employee has left? I've discovered in my current 28.1 playthrough that two employees that decided to leave because of "feelings" are still listed as part of my Staff. This means my total employee count is higher than it actually is, both girls are still being paid even though they are nowhere to be found, there's an empty apartment where one of the girls used to live, but the real problem is when the game tries to create an event using one of those "missing" employees = ERRORS! Similar problem occur during my Monday morning HR meetings, when Sarah asks if I want to bring someone in for a chat, if I say "Yes" then the game throws some errors because of those "missing" employees! So I was curious as to whether there is a way to actually remove the "missing" employees from my staff roster so the game will stop trying to create events using characters that are no longer in the game!
Because of that bug I've stopped randomly hiring any of the ladies I meet in various locations and only hire from either the employee search results or the result of one of Sarah's special employee searches. As far as I can tell there are a couple of randomly created characters who seem to have a scripted event when your "relationship" reaches a certain point (one of them is the one tagged as "Your Gym Girl"). Once you receive that message about feelings and they're leaving etc the game actually removes that character and you will never, ever find them anywhere! If you employed them and discovered their home address then their home is just left permanently empty, but they remain listed on your staff and still receive a salary, though the real problem comes on Monday mornings if Sarah selects one of those "missing" employees for you to have a chat with. As far as the game is concerned that person is gone so the game cannot "find" them to bring them to the meeting, so you get at least THREE errors and occasionally the game will crash when you try to either rollback or ignore the errors.

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
GrizzlyUK

I still get that but i think certain parameters have to be met
  • has to be from the bar
  • has to be with the dialogue "go to the bathroom"
  • have to have activated the bathroom dialogue, prior to getting their sluttiness really high.
Also thank you for that insight!!! as mentioned mine was a prostitute, never had a problem with them disappearing on me before though

The main thing is though its hard to find a domesticated girl with the right stats/looks/minimal negative traits without rolling the hiring many times, whereas when you go freerange :D you can check the stats for free.

Lets hope new versions of the mod will tag girls with "traits" if that is the cause to prevent this if that is the case..

Last edited:

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
GrizzlyUK

• has to be from the bar
  • have to have activated the bathroom dialogue, prior to getting their sluttiness really high.
Also thank you for that insight!!! hmm she may have been a bar girl TBH

The main thing is though its hard to find a domesticated girl with the right stats/looks/minimal negative traits without rolling the hiring many times, whereas when you go freerange :D you can check the stats for free.

Lets hope new versions of the mod will tag girls with "traits" if that is the cause to prevent this if that is the case..
Regarding the issue you're having; the roles that would cause issues from having them hired are already excluded from the action. You should notice that the casual_hotwife_role, casual_athlete_role, casual_FA_role and stripper_role characters do not have the option of employing them.
(Same goes for any unique characters)
(If the action is somehow still showing up for those kind of characters then that's really strange as the code says "no" to displaying it)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It could have been a prostitute from the base game, but AFAIK there's nothing different to that role in terms of behavior that would mandate that error occurring.
It's a fleeting bug that we've been unable to reproduce and I believe some have experienced it before in the vanilla game too, although I'll have to read through the main thread and discord to verify it.

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
Hi,

Uploaded save if you are able to have a quick look (either save), "Brendan Kingsley" in Marketing (identified as Prostitute,Employee). As mentioned though that's sort of why my original thought was that it had to do with how the main game handled employees. First time to date this has happened to me though.

I hire a production girl first, then marketing 2nd, she disappeared on a random day, shows up in roster, takes an employee slot but not producing anything.

Hopefully when you say issue, you mean the disappearing worker not the girls changing her mind on cheating on her husband from the bars (actually found that kinda interesting)

Edit: Save 1-2 is on weekday..

Last edited:

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
GrizzlyUK

• has to be from the bar
Also thank you for that insight!!! as mentioned mine was a prostitute, never had a problem with them disappearing on me before though

Some "older" girls you get possible to SNEAK INTO BATHROOM in the Pub are HOTWIFEs, you can make them employee but...they will disappear when the love-points are too high (not sure, 40-50) because this break-up with you is part of your agreement to fuck them without to much feelings

bluecloak

Oct 6, 2017
Think I may need to reinstall everything again, but I'm getting that glitch with Ashley actually, every time I try to hire her she never shows up and I get the message saying she wants to quit due to being unhappy first day.

Same with Sarah actually

Even after a redo, still not working I'll hold off a bit on the 30. mods i guess

Last edited:

splingmer

Jul 21, 2017
What's the best way to contribute to the mod?

I'm a programmer, and I'm bored. I need a project to work on while my job is waiting to reopen.

Reactions: Hussar966

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
What's the best way to contribute to the mod?

I'm a programmer, and I'm bored. I need a project to work on while my job is waiting to reopen.
Or send a pm to Tristin or Trolden who sometimes answer in this thread and are members of that team.

Reactions: Hussar966

Dipz92

Aug 7, 2019
The develop branch should be working if you use them with a new save of v0.30.1 of the base game.
Are your folders structured in this way LR2BaseDir/game/Mods? (LR2BaseDir would be where the Lab_Rats_2.exe is)
Thanks a lot. The game needs to be installed so many times lol, I ignored the readme this time and forgot its not to be copied in main folder.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes