4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

CrimsonINC

Sep 15, 2017
Nobody is blaming either the mod or the game, that's just the way it is. The mod and the game have to be on the same version or it won't work. If they are not, there is likely to be things that don't work properly, don't work at all, or that throw error messages that could possibly end the game without warning because there is no ignore option on some errors.
Exactly this. I love the base game, but I enjoy the content more with the addition of the work of the modding community; one of the few with a very centralized and cooperative effort.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Exactly this. I love the base game, but I enjoy the content more with the addition of the work of the modding community; one of the few with a very centralized and cooperative effort.
My favorite part is the addition of the cheat mechanics where I don't have to look up a variable to type into the console. That has been a major help in getting new games back where I left off very quickly. The only issue I have is figuring out how certain mod events trigger. I left off at the strip club events where the sex shop owner got the documents, but there is no indication of how to proceed, at least outside the event where she gets said documents. That means the player has to do it fairly quick, any extended break from the game means not knowing how to move on.

Reactions: OppaG

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
My favorite part is the addition of the cheat mechanics where I don't have to look up a variable to type into the console. That has been a major help in getting new games back where I left off very quickly. The only issue I have is figuring out how certain mod events trigger. I left off at the strip club events where the sex shop owner got the documents, but there is no indication of how to proceed, at least outside the event where she gets said documents. That means the player has to do it fairly quick, any extended break from the game means not knowing how to move on.
watch the hints (question-mark at lower left corner of your screen), when Cara gave you the documents wait a couple of days (btw: you need enough money, i guess >60k) in case it will not trigger anymore go to the Discord (page 1 of this threat) and ask there, Corrado (one of the modders) is always helpfull!

deadrabbit

Nov 16, 2017
haha I came in here thinking the same thing as Humlebien

Vanilla upgrades are this mixed bag for me because VREN's content is obviously excellent and I love the game, but honestly the vanilla game feels incomplete without the mod. I might try and make some tiny tweaks to the vanilla game just so I can get going again reasonably quickly and experience the new content, but the waiting is the hardest part!

...well, second hardest :sneaky:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
watch the hints (question-mark at lower left corner of your screen), when Cara gave you the documents wait a couple of days (btw: you need enough money, i guess >60k) in case it will not trigger anymore go to the Discord (page 1 of this threat) and ask there, Corrado (one of the modders) is always helpfull!
There was no hint, I mean there was one, but it was because I had a trait slotted in research that was counted as mastered and I was trying to get it to 0% cchance of side effects when I stopped. I'll ask on the Discord if I get stuck again since I have to get back up to that point anyway. I'm holding off on 0.33 given the recent reports, but I last played in 0.30.1, so I have yet to start a new game under 0.32.2.

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
There was no hint, I mean there was one, but it was because I had a trait slotted in research that was counted as mastered and I was trying to get it to 0% cchance of side effects when I stopped. I'll ask on the Discord if I get stuck again since I have to get back up to that point anyway. I'm holding off on 0.33 given the recent reports, but I last played in 0.30.1, so I have yet to start a new game under 0.32.2.
or wait a couple of minutes/hours for the vanilla 0.33.x and some days for the mod??

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
no hint? then not even triggered, it works fine! all conditions fullfilled (the gabrielle-path!) ?
best ask Corrado, he can give you console-commands to trigger or to check the conditions!

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
or wait a couple of minutes/hours for the vanilla 0.33.x and some days for the mod??
Right, that's what I'm doing. I just don't trust it to not crash as soon as it opens in its current state.

no hint? then not even triggered, it works fine! all conditions fullfilled (the gabrielle-path!) ?
best ask Corrado, he can give you console-commands to trigger or to check the conditions!
Got it, assuming I didn't miss anything, which is possible, I'll ask. I'm pretty sure I didn't because I did everything and Gabrielle was already maxed out, because I max out all characters with the cheat option as soon as they are introduced, as well as blackmailed. However, it is entirely possible.

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
Right, that's what I'm doing. I just don't trust it to not crash as soon as it opens in its current state.

Got it, assuming I didn't miss anything, which is possible, I'll ask. I'm pretty sure I didn't because I did everything and Gabrielle was already maxed out, because I max out all characters with the cheat option as soon as they are introduced, as well as blackmailed. However, it is entirely possible.
you blackmailed her at Lily's room or confronted her in the stripclub?

deadrabbit

Nov 16, 2017
I'm trying to add a department to the business. I can assign people to it now and they have a room in the office, but how do I edit the menu to include my new department for daily serums and uniforms?

I found the original menu structure in script.rpy, but when using the mod it looks like it was redesigned to not use the menu: function in ren'py. Does anyone know where the code for those new menu screens is hidden?

EDIT: I asked in the discord already, but thought I'd put it here in case there were some smart people who didn't go to the discord.

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
I'm trying to add a department to the business. I can assign people to it now and they have a room in the office, but how do I edit the menu to include my new department for daily serums and uniforms?

I found the original menu structure in script.rpy, but when using the mod it looks like it was redesigned to not use the menu: function in ren'py. Does anyone know where the code for those new menu screens is hidden?

EDIT: I asked in the discord already, but thought I'd put it here in case there were some smart people who didn't go to the discord.
DaMatt answered, just at Discord

Reactions: deadrabbit

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
you blackmailed her at Lily's room or confronted her in the stripclub?
I blackmailed her in Lily's room and repeated it a couple times after and, yes, confronted her in the club. At some point, the club was foreclosed and I began an effort to buy it through the sex shop owner. I was told to wait a few days and go to the club, which I did, at which point I saved and took a break. The only thing that came up after the save point was Gabrielle asking for money for surgery. I'm currently working my way back up to this point on a new save because saves are incompatible, so I'm not quite at the same point at the moment.

Are we expecting any delays this month on the mod update? No judgement. Love your work. Just was wondering
Probably from the game development side, not sure about the mod development side. There are some pretty serious issues in 0.33 that even has the uploader considering reverting the game thread OP back to 0.32.2. I would actually recommend they hold off on updating the mod until the issues are fixed, honestly.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Anybody else getting an immediate threat to quit after ending a day you did a performance review? I literally just spent an entiree day in performance reviews to stop several main characters, that's characters who start out named in either the mod or the game itself, and it was literally the last person I reviewed who threatened to quit. I'm starting to think Vren did something to the trigger for that in the main game. I have four girls including one from the mod and all four threatened me in a row, so I took what I thought would be a preventative performance review. I was apparently wrong, they quit regardless of raise. I'm posting this in both threads to make sure this becomes known as a possible issue that could be caused by either the game or the mod, but that it is not clear which. This is on a modded 0.32.2.

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
Compliment their work, this gives Happiness and a small amount of Love.
In the beginning I walked nearly every day through my company and complimented every girl, to keep their stats up.

dexxinax

Aug 4, 2019
some major issues is up with 33.1 :cry: would suggest keep your v32.1 copy on thread to download. till thou's issues in 33.1 are fixed, for its makes the game impossible to play at all.. v32 is fine & reasonably playable 33.1 broken to heck..

Reactions: xbeo

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
some major issues is up with 33.1 :cry: would suggest keep your v32.1 copy on thread to download. till thou's issues in 33.1 are fixed, for its makes the game impossible to play at all.. v32 is fine & reasonably playable 33.1 broken to heck..
Mods are not updated for 33.1 yet, in OP for mods only 32.2 is available atm. Since seem changes were quite big with how the girls are shown it might take modders a few weeks to update stable mods.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Compliment their work, this gives Happiness and a small amount of Love.
In the beginning I walked nearly every day through my company and complimented every girl, to keep their stats up.
Apparently, their happiness or obedience is too high, which shouldn't even be a thing. Apparently >= 200 happiness and obedience is a trigger for quitting, which is exactly the opposite of what it should be.

dirtyotaku13

Jul 12, 2017
Random casual suggestion that came to mind while playing with this mod a bit recently: Would it be possible to have custom inputs for the "Change what we call each other" option if there's enough obedience?

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Random casual suggestion that came to mind while playing with this mod a bit recently: Would it be possible to have custom inputs for the "Change what we call each other" option if there's enough obedience?
If you head into your bedroom and open the 'Mod Settings' there should be a disabled action named 'Rename Person'. When enabled it allows you to both re-name and re-title the person you're speaking with if they have above 120 Obedience.
It was made quite a long time ago, so I believe it still uses the old menu system.
Note that titles added through this are not persistently available for the character in the regular title menu.

Reactions: dirtyotaku13
4.60 star(s) 56 Votes