4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

xbeo

May 10, 2017
This answer could seem Off Topic but the programmers developing the game will understand it (I hope).
In the early 1995, more than 25 years ago, I was developing a program for an insurance company.
It was always growing with customer requests, so I was using relational databases, just not to stop the customer using the program and giving the possibility to add more records/databases to the new requests that the new model of insurance policy was requiring. My customer is still using the same program I did that time because it's better managing the payment form I personalized for the customer's situation.
The point is this: you can't "grow" the database otherwise you've to restart programming again stopping the customer using it? Easy. Just add more database "related" with one record (son) to the database (father) and you'll get the relationship you need without going to change, anytime, your program disappointing your "customers" they'll have to reinitialize their "work" over and over again.
That was happening 25 years ago... and my program doesn't need any update from me, even if the customer add 50.000 new records. This is why "cannot use old saves with a new version" get me (and not only me) sad.
25 years ago, it was impossible to compilate sorgents who was ending in executable more larger than the dimension of a floppy disk (1,4Mb) so we was solving the problem with the overlays... today, it's not a problem anymore (thank God).
Have a good time for the modders and the beta-testers, anyway.

*Sorry for my bad english. I'm trying to improve it anyway.
Yes, this is totally off-topic. And its wrong, imho:

There is data (relational database, save games, game assets).
And there is behavior (database client app, game engine and game logic)

If your behavior changes, there is a chance that your data is now obsolete, or being used in a different way and must be restructured or altered in some way or another.
If you worked with relational databases in the past: this is why people use database schema migration tools.

A game developer could spend time and energy on making save games forward compatible by migrating old save games to the newest format. But that would be a huge liability that would slow down the development, and it could introduce its own bugs. So it is a tradeoff, and as long as a game is not released I can totally understand why the developer choses NOT to spend time on forward compatibility of save games.

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
I'm impressed!
After 2 days with waiting for new bugfixes after the first bugfix for the vanilla-0.33.x just tried the 0.33.3 with latest bugfix and mod - ZERO errors until now (10 days ingame)! Did my job, fucked Cara, did...something...with Lily.
All fine, mod works as intended.
So - a great THANK YOU to all modders for making this game so much more interesting, funny, comfortable and enjoyable!
PS: the version-number is still at 0.33.2...what a bug!
btw: Cara isnt at work Sunday, shop is open. Ophelia never worked on Sunday (correct), but salon is open too? in both cases employees do the job?? better close?

Last edited:
Reactions: xbeo

xbeo

May 10, 2017
I'm impressed!
After 2 days with waiting for new bugfixes after the first bugfix for the vanilla-0.33.x just tried the 0.33.3 with latest bugfix and mod - ZERO errors until now (10 days ingame)! Did my job, fucked Cara, did...something...with Lily.
All fine, mod works as intended.
So - a great THANK YOU to all modders for making this game so much more interesting, funny, comfortable and enjoyable!
PS: the version-number is still at 0.33.2...what a bug!
btw: Cara isnt at work Sunday, shop is open. Ophelia never worked on Sunday (correct), but salon is open too? in both cases employees do the job?? better close?
I ran into first error after 2 minutes. Nothing serious, but i would not recommend using develop branch right now if you don't know python basics.

xbeo

May 10, 2017
what kind of error? reported at discord?
I believe when you update 0.33.2 to 0.33.3, there are some changes missing.
The error was a misspelled function "get_desination()" which was even used 6 times.
Downloaded full zip of 0.33.3 again and there it was fixed.
I'm not on discord.

edit: if you get en error about a missing function Player.get_destination() just change that call to get_desination, or change all occurences of get_desination to get_destination.

Last edited:

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
I believe when you update 0.33.2 to 0.33.3, there are some changes missing.
The error was a misspelled function "get_desination()" which was even used 6 times.
Downloaded full zip of 0.33.3 again and there it was fixed.
I'm not on discord.

edit: if you get en error about a missing function Player.get_destination() just change that call to get_desination, or change all occurences of get_desination to get_destination.
installed clean 0.33.3, then mod/bf...
only one error in a graphic (cara while fucking her opend her mouth, the open mouth must be a separat picture, wrong size (and skintone??), all other worked flawless. where to get a call you discribed?
EDIT: the Cara-mouth-problem is just an offset of the lipstick (maingame?)

Last edited:

xbeo

May 10, 2017
installed clean 0.33.3, then mod/bf...
only one error in a graphic (cara while fucking her opend her mouth, the open mouth must be a separat picture, wrong size (and skintone??), all other worked flawless. where to get a call you discribed?
Got that error when leaving sisters room.

Now I have the problem that in the university the business vest is missing on the girls. Okay problem might be the wrong word but i think its not intended.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
my fault!
i guessed 0.33.2 (game, see lowest part of traceback.txt) and 0.33.2 (bugfix, ) would match...
That would normally be the case, but you only specified that you were using game version 0.33.2 (which is the version reported in the traceback). The bugfix 0.33.2 isn't yet available via the OP and is, currently, only available via the github where it is constantly being updated with fixes etc. Unfortunately the traceback doesn't contain any version info about either the bugfix or the mod, so nobody will know which version of bugfix or mod is being used if it's not included in the users bug report post! ;)

No worries though, you're not the first to assume everyone will automatically know exactly which version of bugfix and/or mod you're using! ;) But at least you gave the game version, sometimes even that little bit of info is missing in bug reports! :unsure:

Reactions: Andy_W

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
which game version + bugfix version should i use with this mod. im confuse
Always look at the OP here: Game Version: 0.32.2 this tells you what version the mod and or the bug fixes is for.

V0.32.2

rtcD

Oct 5, 2020
Always look at the OP here: Game Version: 0.32.2 this tells you what version the mod and or the bug fixes is for.

V0.32.2
Okey thanks, or I can use the full game download link which already has the mod and bugfix?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Okey thanks, or I can use the full game download link which already has the mod and bugfix?
Yes, for now even best since latest beta build of bugfixes on Github might already contain some fixes for 33.2 so could give problems with the 32.2 version of game.

rtcD

Oct 5, 2020
Anyone know what the problem is, got this at the introduction with mom in kitchen

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

getting a lot more errors with the full game download, now error again when first time encountering sister

Am I missing some files or whats going on? Also what do these animations exactly do since its recommended to disable them?

Last edited:

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
Anyone know what the problem is, got this at the introduction with mom in kitchen

getting a lot more errors with the full game download, now error again when first time encountering sister

Am I missing some files or whats going on? Also what do these animations exactly do since its recommended to disable them?
did you a clean install? looks like there is some trouble in your graphics. which game-version is it? the newest (0.33.3) should have most graphics in *.rpa-files in the **/game-folder...

rtcD

Oct 5, 2020
did you a clean install? looks like there is some trouble in your graphics. which game-version is it? the newest (0.33.3) should have most graphics in *.rpa-files in the **/game-folder...
Its the one from the frontpage

PC-Linux-Mac: (v0.32.2)
contains the full game including bugfix and MOD

this one

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
Yes the full game has both the mod and bug fixes in it already.
hmmm...but in a pure 0.32.2 with mod and bugfix was no problem with graphics like he described, its a new feature of 0.33 ;-)
wait...LINUX/MAC? there was something with the path...or is it a simple win-system?
or do i mixx it with another game...cant remember...need a new serum...

Last edited:

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
Im not sure but getting a lot of errors :(
do you still have the downloaded file? delete the complete game and do a fresh install! (0.32.2 works fine...)
in your version you DONT need the mod or the bugfix, already inside!

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes