hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
Am I the only one that can't download from the PC MEGA link?

Edit: Also, I am not really sure why I am even trying. The last versions could not keep my interest. I have started too often, and some stuff gets ridiculously grindy, whilst other parts are really of no interest to me at all. I mean, how much energy has gone in the outfits?! And I personally could not care less. So, maybe I should see this a sign to cut my losses, and set the game on the ignorelist.

Last edited:

Draconian_One

May 29, 2018
It seems none of my saves from the last version (0.19.1) will work. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Also noticed that I cannot roll back anymore either.

Last edited:

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Maybe I was just overthinking the game...
When the end of day report says that X's sluutinees is higher than her core sluttiness and she should therefore be given serum to increase her suggestibility, I would say that I should be corrupting X. With a maximum workforce of 38, I can 'corrupt' (increase the sluttiness of) at least 42 women (mom, sis, aunt and cousin included). If I want to try new serums on 'guinea-pigs' outside of this group, the number of women 'affected' can increase proportionally.
Also, If I want to improve my stats, I have to 'corrupt' some women occasionally.
Did I therefore miss a point?

My company is worth about $150,000 with a workforce of 21, so I think I've built a (fairly) profitable company. However, if I want to increase my staff, game goes into overload and crashes while saving.

Also, when I buy the fourth production line, I can access which serum to produce but (due to the lack of scrolling) the other factors (% production time and serums to be held in stock before marketing).

The game is addictive (otherwise I wouldn't have made so much money), but crashing when you want to save is more than annoying.
The game lets you know when you have the opportunity to use serum to raise someone's sluttiness - but that's by giving them a suggestibility serum. IF you also have the male-focus marketing thing, then sluttier marketing uniforms can boost the sales value of your serums too. Higher sluttiness staff are also easier to persuade to take sexual rewards rather than cash when they are thinking of leaving, or unhappy. So those would be examples of what I said before about how it may help you in pursuit of the main goal of making a profitable business.

But you can also play and make a profitable business without seducing anyone at all. Not that anyone is likely to, given the choice, and that this is an adult game, but the option to play that way is certainly there, and not just sort of, but fully viable as a way to progress.

By contrast, if you don't make profit and you merely seduce all the women, you go bankrupt and lose the game. To me that seems pretty clear and unequivocal about what the primary objective is.

The ONLY stats for which you get advancement for seducing women are the sex stats. All the business stats and personal stats depend on you doing things like hiring people, researching and producing serums, doing paperwork, etc. Being better at your job, having higher charisma, etc all have a direct effect on your chances of being profitable. Having higher sex stats only increase your chances (and efficiency) of making girls orgasm, which only indirectly affects their happiness and thus work.

You can have a successful game where all your sex stats stay at zero, and you can lose a game where you cap them all out. So yeah, the sexual stuff is there for player fun, but is pretty much irrelevant to the actual game objectives.

Am I the only one that can't download from the PC MEGA link?

Edit: Also, I am not really sure why I am even trying. The last versions could not keep my interest. I have started too often, and some stuff gets ridiculously grindy, whilst other parts are really of no interest to me at all. I mean, how much energy has gone in the outfits?! And I personally could not care less. So, maybe I should see this a sign to cut my losses, and set the game on the ignorelist.
If you didn't enjoy the last few versions, then you won't enjoy this one. Wren is developing the same game, and not massively changing direction suddenly. If the game he's building isn't to your tastes, it isn't likely to suddenly become so.

Lyger

Apr 17, 2017
is the save thing fixed yet? i got to a point where i had to save every week otherwise i run the risk of finding out i couldn't save anymore

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
If you didn't enjoy the last few versions, then you won't enjoy this one. Wren is developing the same game, and not massively changing direction suddenly. If the game he's building isn't to your tastes, it isn't likely to suddenly become so.
Yes, true. Thing is, I really liked the game. But now, as the mechanisms seem in place and content is filled in, I don't anymore. Dev may do as dev deems best, it's his or her game after all. Just giving my feedback.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
is the save thing fixed yet? i got to a point where i had to save every week otherwise i run the risk of finding out i couldn't save anymore
Vren indicated he fixed the bogging down issue that was causing slowdowns (creation of multiple unnecessary homes which the game kept track of each time you run the "hire new associates" piece). I never personally had an issue with saving causing a crash... but I did get the slow response issue (including a LONG wait for the save game function to finish). I suspect that the long save process issue was caused by the same thing that was making other's crash.

So assuming those 2 are the same, vren's latest version should have fixed the save game crash issue.

alex7sea

Jan 21, 2018
hyco2 it went quite slow ( 3-4 min ) but no other problems to download the file from Mega.

My 5 cents on the subject is:

As RogueKnightUK says, it is a business management game more then doing girls, but to have all your sex stats at zero? that just makes you behave like a puberty child again. I, at the start of the game use as many point on the sex attribute as I can, not that I'm going to use them... but when they call you to the plate, better bring your bat with you. :)

And I admit that even I give to much focus to the business administration and if it wasn't for Stefanie who comes drunk at night my virtual sex life will be none.

• Haha

Quiller

Jul 2, 2018
As RogueKnightUK says, it is a business management game more then doing girls, but to have all your sex stats at zero? that just makes you behave like a puberty child again. I, at the start of the game use as many point on the sex attribute as I can, not that I'm going to use them... but when they call you to the plate, better bring your bat with you. :)
Personally when I start a new game (which you pretty much have to do every version since keeping savefiles safe has not been a priority in the game so far) I focus on the base stats of charisma, focus and intelligence and max out foreplay. I don't put anything into business skills because those are usually the easiest quests to complete. Then obviously research a product you can sell before bringing in more staff and concentrate on supply and production first since you can generally sell products faster than you produce them and you just do HR work once a day yourself when you are starting out. Also I work every period on weekends when starting out, again mostly supply and production unless there is a quest related to a different job. Once you have a good self-sustaining income going you can start spending more time on improving relationships and sexy stuff. (Though doing the compliment job action is useful since it ups stats without costing you a time period.) I max out foreplay because once you start doing the sex stuff kissing is the easiest thing to initiate, and if you can make them orgasm from that you can gradually start inching up permanent sexuality even if your serums fail to convert temp to permanent sexuality.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Guys, does somebody have a pretty much full list of console commands for Lab Rats 2?

Since everything is scattered in this thread (search function is no big help, especially when commands were posted in spoilers), it takes ages to find the proper already posted command one is looking for. It would be great if some admin updated the first post and included all known console commands

I'd like to be able to change
  • age (found it out already)
  • body type (found it out already)
  • core sluttiness (found it out already)
  • hair style
  • hair color
  • happiness (found it out already)
  • height
  • pose
  • kids (found it out already)
  • obedience (found it out already)
  • opinions
  • sexy opinions
  • relationship status
I'd also like to advance the research by console, because I don't want to go through the insane amount of grind, especially concerning mastery levels
Can you, please, post those you found already. Especially age cheat, cuz in my latest run 2/3 of NPC were over 50yo.
ps I'm not against eldery, it's opposite: I care about their health (heart attack) :D

Reactions: jeopurry989

Jun 19, 2019
I cant sall my serums anymore,when i try to sall any serum “an uncaught exception occurred”
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7965, in script call
    $ picked_option.call_action()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8632, in script
    $ mc.business.player_market()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8632, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 619, in player_market
    amount_sold = self.sale_progress(mc.charisma,mc.focus,mc.market_skill)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 633, in sale_progress
    for multiplier_source in self.sales_multipliers:
AttributeError: 'Business' object has no attribute 'sales_multipliers'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7965, in script call
    $ picked_option.call_action()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8632, in script
  File "G:\MEGA\lr2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.20.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "G:\MEGA\lr2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.20.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8632, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 619, in player_market
    amount_sold = self.sale_progress(mc.charisma,mc.focus,mc.market_skill)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 633, in sale_progress
    for multiplier_source in self.sales_multipliers:
AttributeError: 'Business' object has no attribute 'sales_multipliers'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.20.0
Tue Sep 03 21:37:57 2019

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
Heres a collection of info/console commands gleaned from trial and error + other users here etc (i take no credit):

PASSWORD TO MOMS LAPTOP = YOUR INGAME NAME

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Taboo break walkthrough for mom & sister (By Dalzomo)

EDIT: Since its been linked to the front page i will try to keep this updated. If you think something is missing, drop me a PM.

Last edited:

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
Can you, please, post those you found already. Especially age cheat, cuz in my latest run 2/3 of NPC were over 50yo.
ps I'm not against eldery, it's opposite: I care about their health (heart attack) :D
Be talking to the person you want to change the age of, open console and use

the_person.age = xx

where xx is obviously the age you want them to be.

Destrosity

Jan 11, 2018
Maybe I'm imagining things but didn't we used to be able to change the way NPC's looked? Like make them thicker or skinnier, change their hair and face? Things like that?

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes