The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Can someone share a save file
You'll need to be a little more specific here - from a modded or unmodded game? For which version of the game? At the beginning of a certain event?
Honestly, you will be better off if you just start your own playthrough. I recommend the 0.24.1 linked on the starting page, with the current mod added. All links you need are in the first post of this thread.

popoahoy

Oct 13, 2016
The change log implies "bring your daughter to work" event is in the game... is that so?
I think this is an event where an employee who has a child and is at least 36 years old might bring her daughter into work with her. What exactly happens then IDK.

Reactions: Heml0ck

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Lab Rats 2 [v0.24.1] [Vren] Compressed

Compression reduces image/animation/audio quality
This is not a perfect process and can break a game

Original size ~1.10GB
Download ~555MB

PC: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

Hank Miller

Mar 4, 2019
One of my complains in the game is that the only way to make money seems to be:
Rush basic medical drug.
Design a basic medical drug.
Get the drug from production.
Talk to stephany about advancing research.
After getting tier 2 research research advance drug creation and advance medical trait.
Create a potion with basic and advance medical trait.
You shoud now have a potion that is worth around 200 credits.
Go to production and set this potion on auto sale at 0.
Now hire someone for every job.
Check only if there stats is 30+ for the job you want them to do.

Once you have 1 person in every job you can do whatever you want as money slowly grows.
Depending on the route you go you might want to focus on increasing your staff so you have more production.
As a general rule: The more people working in production the more gets made the more get sold.
It is just a matter of keeping the supply people up with the production people.
The vast majority of your workers will be production workers.

You can also just limet yourself to just 5.
It is easier to keep track and corrupt 5 people then 31.
Tho money will be slower it is still possible to have several thousends within weeks.

Eventualy you want to create a drug that has around 800+ money value but by that time you already "won" the game.
I've found 10 employees to be my sweet spot: 1x human ressources (some cheap 20 bucks girl), Alexia for the marketing department, Stephanie as head researcher makes either three supply ladies with me plus four production girls, or four supply ladies with three production girls and me. Focussing on supply means you can buy during weekend and build some stock to have more free time during the week.

Michael121

May 14, 2017
Hi,

I started a new game but after i run out of stamina with sis or mom, they take charge of me and this error is shown. Already happen a few times in minutes.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8725, in script call
    call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8854, in script call
    call talk_person(the_person) from _call_talk_person_1 #If we're in the same place and time hasn't advanced keep talking to them until we stop talking on purpose.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8851, in script call
    $ _return.call_action()
  File "game/chat_actions.rpy", line 1363, in script call
    call fuck_person(the_person,private = in_private) from _call_fuck_person
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 83, in script
    "[the_person.possessive_title] is in control, and keeps on [position_choice.verbing] you."
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'verbing'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8725, in script call
    call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8854, in script call
    call talk_person(the_person) from _call_talk_person_1 #If we're in the same place and time hasn't advanced keep talking to them until we stop talking on purpose.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8851, in script call
    $ _return.call_action()
  File "game/chat_actions.rpy", line 1363, in script call
    call fuck_person(the_person,private = in_private) from _call_fuck_person
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 83, in script
    "[the_person.possessive_title] is in control, and keeps on [position_choice.verbing] you."
  File "G:\gamesx\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "G:\gamesx\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1199, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "G:\gamesx\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1003, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "G:\gamesx\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 985, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "G:\gamesx\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 652, in get_field
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'verbing'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.24.1
Fri Jan 10 16:57:03 2020

MarikaTachibana

Apr 26, 2019
You'll need to be a little more specific here - from a modded or unmodded game? For which version of the game? At the beginning of a certain event?
Honestly, you will be better off if you just start your own playthrough. I recommend the 0.24.1 linked on the starting page, with the current mod added. All links you need are in the first post of this thread.
Saves for the latest unmodded 0.24.1 please. Not any particular event just a recent saved file.

Mar 22, 2017
Lab Rats 2 [v0.24.1] [Vren] Compressed

Compression reduces image/animation/audio quality
This is not a perfect process and can break a game

Original size ~1.10GB
Download ~555MB

PC: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Does this affect the loading time much? I'm kinda enjoying the game more after modding it, but it slows down a lot sometimes and I've given up on the outfit manager completely.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Does this affect the loading time much? I'm kinda enjoying the game more after modding it, but it slows down a lot sometimes and I've given up on the outfit manager completely.
Sorry I wouldn't know I haven't played the game myself I've only quickly tested the compressed version to make sure it loaded without any errors best bet would be to download it and test it for yourself both the uncompressed and compressed version load fine for me on my laptop (GT73 VR).

Quriosity

Sep 5, 2019
Saved games are crashing for me. This is the error I get for an early save. I played on from this point last night for 30 minutes. Today I get this. If I 'Ignore', the game plays on with no characters in it.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8728, in script call
    $ picked_option.call_action()
  File "game/downtown_events.rpy", line 50, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_26
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9552, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9554, in <module>
    people.run_move(place)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1855, in run_move
    self.apply_outfit(self.planned_outfit)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2189, in apply_outfit
    self.outfit = the_outfit.get_copy().merge_outfit(self.base_outfit)
AttributeError: 'Person' object has no attribute 'base_outfit'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8728, in script call
    $ picked_option.call_action()
  File "game/downtown_events.rpy", line 50, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_26
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9552, in script
    python:
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9554, in <module>
    people.run_move(place)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1855, in run_move
    self.apply_outfit(self.planned_outfit)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2189, in apply_outfit
    self.outfit = the_outfit.get_copy().merge_outfit(self.base_outfit)
AttributeError: 'Person' object has no attribute 'base_outfit'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.24.1
Fri Jan 10 10:21:09 2020

hashcheckin

Dec 22, 2017
If you get the aunt or cousin worked up then try to end a sexual encounter before they're done, you get a bunch of cascading exceptions that almost soft-lock the game.

Also, I think Vren in general needs to have a talk with himself about the amount of early-game grinding that's necessary to make these games worth playing. I shouldn't have to install a mod to get to the fun stuff in these.

Reactions: Jamsalad

Vicloco

Sep 11, 2018
View attachment 136199

Overview:
This set shortly after the events of the Lab Rats 1, but will not require any knowledge of it to enjoy. The game will focus on corrupting your female employees as you build your pharmaceutical empire. The game will feature procedurally generated girls, a detailed clothing and outfit system, and a complex sex system.​

Thread Updated: 2020-01-08
Release Date: 2020-01-09
Developer: Vren
Censored: No
Version: 0.24.1
Language: English
Prequel:
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Console Commands Etc:
HERE

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - -
Mac: - - -
Android: - - -

Others: UNOFFICIAL COMPRESSED*

Extras: Mod and Bugfix

* This unofficial version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.
Thanks partanen for the game and KEKBUR for the Console commands etc.

View attachment 49477 View attachment 49479 View attachment 49480 View attachment 49481 View attachment 49482 View attachment 49488
Bug->the game fullscren is getting of the game for me

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
If you get the aunt or cousin worked up then try to end a sexual encounter before they're done, you get a bunch of cascading exceptions that almost soft-lock the game.

Also, I think Vren in general needs to have a talk with himself about the amount of early-game grinding that's necessary to make these games worth playing. I shouldn't have to install a mod to get to the fun stuff in these.
For many of us... what you call the grind is the fun stuff. There is an overabundance of games on this site that put you into the sexy situations right away. What's nice about this is it feels more like a game than just a VN with quick but shallow choices to make, or a map system to make it seem less linear.

This game can actually have a fairly quick ramp up into the late-game harem territory without mods if you play it smart (hire the right people, pick business policies to unlock useful for hiring/production sooner rather than later, focusing on your research manager's stats early so you can get to the 3rd tier quickly)

It's completely understandable that this type of game may not appeal so much to some people... I just don't want to see people endeavoring to change this game into something this forum is already over-saturated with and leaving those of us who like this style of game with even fewer options.

Raren

Jan 12, 2018
Can we make requests here to the game's creator? If we can, that my request reach him somehow here goes; Please create a few more faces. There are only 6 with 3 different skin shades and that is not enough by a long shot. Some different faces to represent the differences in people would be a necessary addition to the game in my opinion. Keep up, both OC and modders, good job.

Reactions: Mubu5Reborn

hashcheckin

Dec 22, 2017
For many of us... what you call the grind is the fun stuff. There is an overabundance of games on this site that put you into the sexy situations right away. What's nice about this is it feels more like a game than just a VN with quick but shallow choices to make, or a map system to make it seem less linear.
I can respect that, but at the same time, there's a lot in the early game in LB2 that isn't particularly well labeled or established. It's the mid-'90s PC game of eroge VNs.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Can we make requests here to the game's creator? If we can, that my request reach him somehow here goes; Please create a few more faces. There are only 6 with 3 different skin shades and that is not enough by a long shot. Some different faces to represent the differences in people would be a necessary addition to the game in my opinion. Keep up, both OC and modders, good job.
Keep in mind that 'here' is basically a software piracy website. Contrary to other devs who accept f95zone as a way to promote their work to a broader audience Vren does not post here, at least not openly.
If you want to have your opinion heard by him you'll need to become a member of his patreon, accepting the monthly fee that comes with it.

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
My biggest request (other than revising the faces) is just to give the characters returning from Lab Rats 1 predefined stats, likes, and dislikes so going from 1 to 2 flows better. And that can be easily modded in pretty much whenever I feel like it.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes