RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
there is no serum that increases obedience permanently, their effect is only temporary. And if you force them to take it against their will they can lose some of their base obedience - and that's how they end up having less after temporary effect fades.
the easiest way to increase obedience is to
1) insult their work (obviously it works only for your employees) - the more charisma you got the more obedient they become
2) be rough with them when they cum while giving head
both cause the girl to lose some happiness (unless she has a "submissive" trait)

the easiest ways to build happiness:
1) compliment their work (obviously it works only for your employees)
2) make them cum
3) give them serum that increases happiness/turn - together with daily serum dosage business policy it permanently solves any problems with happiness.

I don't think I ever had an employee quit or even demand a raise...
I believe that giving a raise also gives a bump to both happiness and loyalty - just to be complete about listing options.

Oh, another thing that seems to give a loyalty bump is if you get researchers to test the serum effects whenever a new design is ready to sign off. I think it is +5 loyalty per 'test' , so you can always rotate some low-loyalty staff into research jobs just before a design is finished researching, and have them test it's effects.

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
It's been a couple versions since I played it last, I remember it being easier to slutify someone? I'm issuing obedience+suggestibility+sluttiness serums daily and it the FAQ it says that suggestibility may raise core slutiness... it's been weeks and my employees are saints

EDIT:
How do I fire employees?!?!?

Sep 17, 2017
How do I fire employees?!?!?
In the special interactions section for your employee, you should have a "performance review" option - choose that, then go with the negative review option and you can threaten to fire, where they will either offer to take a paycut or offer sex, with the option to decline and simply fire them instead. Doing so does consume time.

Satanas6669

Jul 4, 2019
well, it started off as a fun/decent game lol... but somewhere around week 2/3 i get a major bug that kills it for me lol

I spec'd focus/supply at the start, so once i got my basic research finished and got my first serum formula ready for production, i just hired a marketer and production employee, then i spent the days stocking supplies (and once you do the daily challenges and add extra points into both stats, it's hard to run out) my max stock was 250 supplies, but one day it bugs and drops to 2, and no matter what there is no way for me to raise it back up, so instead of making a profit i automatically hemmorage money and the game ends a few days later, i have tried replaying 5 times, and it always does the same thing... max supply becomes 2, days later i am forclosed and game over

Has anyone had a similar game ending bug?

Denis25

Dec 4, 2017
Has anyone had a similar game ending bug?
Nope. I choose Marketing/Research/HR & as soon as 1st serum is made - hire 4 ppl - 2 to buy supply & 2 to build (so that procurement & spending on manufacture are kinda equal). Then all I need is sometimes increase the efficiency and sometimes sell - (but only sometimes as high Marketing sells faster then serum is built). Rest of the time I spend to get a new serum that is advanced production + 2 extra slots and all 3 slots are the most earning ones. Getting that serum to production/sales - removes the problem with money and next 2 and then 3 rmployees are going same production/sales and production/sales again + Alexia

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
It's been a couple versions since I played it last, I remember it being easier to slutify someone? I'm issuing obedience+suggestibility+sluttiness serums daily and it the FAQ it says that suggestibility may raise core slutiness... it's been weeks and my employees are saints
Suggestibility has that % chance of turning any temp sluttiness above core (red hearts) into core sluttiness. But you still need to raise temp sluttiness through actions. The serum that raises sluttiness affects core sluttiness, and is temporary, meaning there's no excess for suggestibility to convert - they are simply slutty enough to persuade to do more actions.

Yes, it used to be easier, and could be done with serums alone, and got fixed several updates ago.

Compliments and flirting can work on women with almost no sluttiness to start with, but for ones with more than about a half gold-heart worth, you need to do a lot more than just talk.

well, it started off as a fun/decent game lol... but somewhere around week 2/3 i get a major bug that kills it for me lol

I spec'd focus/supply at the start, so once i got my basic research finished and got my first serum formula ready for production, i just hired a marketer and production employee, then i spent the days stocking supplies (and once you do the daily challenges and add extra points into both stats, it's hard to run out) my max stock was 250 supplies, but one day it bugs and drops to 2, and no matter what there is no way for me to raise it back up, so instead of making a profit i automatically hemmorage money and the game ends a few days later, i have tried replaying 5 times, and it always does the same thing... max supply becomes 2, days later i am forclosed and game over
A max stock of only 250 is the basic starting level, for when you have only Stephanie and she's doing research. If you try to gear up production on that you'll run out DURING each time tick, quite obviously. By the time I have just 2 employees on production I've turned that up to at least 2,000 supplies to keep in stock. Then make sure you have enough Supply Procurement staff to keep the supply levels coming in as fast as the production lines use them.

The game isn't bugged, your thinking is. Go to the office, choose Set Supplies and put in a decent amount that is considerably more than your production costs uses per time segment.

You also need to keep an eye on company efficiency. That's what the HR job does - does all the paperwork and admin so that everything can keep running at max efficiency. If you spend all your time buying, another worker is producing, and Stephanie is researching, your efficiency can quite quickly drop, and can mean everything runs as 50% efficiency until you either hire a HR employee, or do the paperwork yourself with enough skill to keep up.

Last edited:

grbt420

Dec 17, 2017
Man there needs to be an option to seriously punish Gabrielle for stealing from Lily. I'm pretty salty that all the options are pretty trash.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
has anyone experienced a bug in which a girls sluttiness randomly skyrockets or keeps growing?

ive noticed a few. I keep fixing it via cheets. I noticed the bad influence goal was basically a freebe, only had to wait but now im thinking thats to blame.

(note, I am using mods, which likely havent been fully updated. However this was happening before the update.)

ktazok

May 16, 2017
has anyone experienced a bug in which a girls sluttiness randomly skyrockets or keeps growing?
[...]
I am also using the mods and constated the same thing. Last time I paid attention to it, it was from someone in the production department.

I don't know either why.

Yukino

Donor
Jun 22, 2017
At the moment the game starts to crash after a few weeks in a lot of events, always with the same log message
I'm using the newest bug fix and mod release, so i don't really know if the error is in the main game or not.
But since the python.py is part of the main game, i assume it is.
The game is also incredibly slow and laggy after a while.

File "E:\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.19.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 799, in __init__
list.__init__(self, *args)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

Apr 21, 2018
At the moment the game starts to crash after a few weeks in a lot of events, always with the same log message
I'm using the newest bug fix and mod release, so i don't really know if the error is in the main game or not.
But since the python.py is part of the main game, i assume it is.
The game is also incredibly slow and laggy after a while.

File "E:\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.19.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 799, in __init__
list.__init__(self, *args)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object
I've not seen that error yet, though I can say that the game also gets really slow after certain amount of playtime.
No idea why either. Apart from the fact that a lot of things in the game code that look like they can be done as functions are being done with class objects (which may cause memory issues if there are too many objects, but that doesn't seem to be the case). I assumed it was due to hiring too many employees, as the code does manage every person to move from place to place on time-pass and I've not seem removing character permanently from the game in the code.
Also I looked into the error in the script files, it seems like it'd be an infinite recursion which is why that'd happen. But python.py is a default file so I've no idea that's even possible. Again, like I said, I've not encountered the error myself. I can only assume it's a mod issue as I am not using the mod. But I should stress a part from enabling the console I am not using any mods for this game and I am still getting lags.

Last edited:

vitamin433

May 11, 2018

ive noticed a few. I keep fixing it via cheets. I noticed the bad influence goal was basically a freebe, only had to wait but now im thinking thats to blame.

(note, I am using mods, which likely havent been fully updated. However this was happening before the update.)
It's not really a bug, it's just Vren removed max sluttiness cap. It was in... 17.1?? Cheking... yeap.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In my game Gabriele become a complete slut before we even met. Noice.

Tyrfing

May 11, 2018
Did i miss something? I seems the console command reference "person_choice" is not working any longer, does anyone have a hint for me?

Yukino

Donor
Jun 22, 2017
I've not seen that error yet, though I can say that the game also gets really slow after certain amount of playtime.
No idea why either. Apart from the fact that a lot of things in the game code that look like they can be done as functions are being done with class objects (which may cause memory issues if there are too many objects, but that doesn't seem to be the case). I assumed it was due to hiring too many employees, as the code does manage every person to move from place to place on time-pass and I've not seem removing character permanently from the game in the code.
Also I looked into the error in the script files, it seems like it'd be an infinite recursion which is why that'd happen. But python.py is a default file so I've no idea that's even possible. Again, like I said, I've not encountered the error myself. I can only assume it's a mod issue as I am not using the mod. But I should stress a part from enabling the console I am not using any mods for this game and I am still getting lags.
I played the game for a few hours now without bugfixes and mod and i haven't got that error, so the mod is most likely not fully compatible to the 19.1 version and the reason for the error.
So i think i wait for a newer release of the mod because the game is somewhat boring after a while without the additions from the mod.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Is there any plan for pregnancy in this game?
There are various signs that the variables allowing for it are being added and incorporated, not least that random characters can have random number of kids, and that all of the sexual related choices were in there from the start.

My pure guess, from a complete outsiders perspective, would be that Wren is still playing around with ideas on how he wants to incorporate it, and when, rather than if.

In Lab Rats (the first game) there was a fixed duration to the game shorter than the term of a pregnancy, so the pregnancies only really had an effect on the end-game summary. So far, LR2 doesn't have a fixed duration. I think if one gets added, it will come out of looking at what is a realistic timespan for a player to unlock everything, see all the content, and while so much is still being developed and added, none of us know what kind of duration that may be.

It would certainly be more than possible to add pregnancy mechanics, to create a system for maternity leave and financial support. Even to dealing with the fallout over a girl who is either married or in a relationship with another guy getting pregnant with your kid(s). You could mod in a fully fledged pregnancy and paternity system right now. I think it is ultimately going to come down to what Wren feels makes for a good game experience and enjoyable gameplay.

I would imagine though that if Wren were planning to add pregnant bodies to the renders, he'd leave it til close to the end of development. That's certainly what I would do in his position, as near the end is when a dev would decide whether or not to upgrade all the sprites to the latest graphical expectations of that time.

mncub31

Nov 1, 2017
Anybody else experiencing a ridiculous number of bugs? After a few days I'm getting exception errors on almost all scroll-overs.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes