Apr 21, 2018
how to hire these regular NPC like “nora”“Alexia”?
At some point, I assume after you've progressed with other non-random NPCs, or if your research hit pass a certain tier, you could meet Alexia downtown. I think you can only do that in the morning/early morning, not sure.

Nora is probably at the new university area? I haven't tried yet. Alexia was added in in the last 1 or 2 updates. Nora is fresh.

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
I accidentally skipped Nora's dialogue and can't quite figure out how to get the serum to tier 2, anyone know?

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
how to hire these regular NPC like “nora”“Alexia”?
In the weekend meet Alexia in downtown through special option in menu, after this there will be an option about job (can't say for sure when or if you need some points, but for sure it will be there).

Graen

Nov 21, 2017
Nora
To get Nora's help you'll need to talk to Stephanie about advancing your research a second time. She'll ask for $2,000 or suggest asking your old employer at the University. (Side bonus: This unlocks the University where you can meet your Sister during the day.) Talk to Nora at the University and she'll want you to gain a level 2 understanding of a specific trait, called "Nora's trait" or some such. Each step to advance this trait will require 1,000,000 research points.

Should you decide to take on this ridiculous task, make sure Stephanie is your head researcher and have her start researching the trait. (Don't bother trying to make a drug with it.) If you're lucky, Stephanie will get a random event where she can upgrade a trait by two levels for the low cost of $100. Do that.

Once Nora's trait is at least level 2, go back and talk to her at the University to unlock the next level of research. Effectively navigating Nora's route is RNG based and is some bullshit; But hey, at least you saved $2000 on your car insurance.

Reactions: Shaman Zuma

zzuraa

Apr 28, 2018
Slow Load Time, workaround, please give feedback if it does / doesn't improve load times for you.

If it takes a long time to load and you play the game regularly or you are modding it try using the RenPy SDK to launch it. For me load time goes from 3 minutes by launching normally and 3 seconds through the RenPy SDK.

Instructions in spoiler

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

followed your steps but lab rat doesnt show under Projectsand any other fix for load time, for me it doesnt load at all have tried multiple versions

jeopurry989

May 14, 2019
I need help I cant figure out how to keep the employees from just up and leaving every five days
Check and see their dislikes and hates. Some hate working certain jobs, some hate certain dayss, some hate employee uniforms, etc. These will slowly lower their happiness, which makes them leave. I micromanage my staff selection until I can make a happiness/Obedience serum, then I have that set as my daily serum for my company. After that, their likess and dislikes don't really matter. :)

ktazok

May 16, 2017
Nora
[...]

Should you decide to take on this ridiculous task, make sure Stephanie is your head researcher and have her start researching the trait. (Don't bother trying to make a drug with it.) If you're lucky, Stephanie will get a random event where she can upgrade a trait by two levels for the low cost of $100. Do that.
There is a much easier way to do it !

Create a serum with only nora's trait.
Make a batch of this serum ( easy name for it :"Nora's Poison").

Then give it to a character who will be you guinea pig : each time you talk to her ( or compliment, or flirt...), your knowledge of the trait will improve by 0.2.

So after talking five times to someone contaminated by Nora's Poison will allow you to reach the second level of the trait.

And it's done ! You still need to see Nora to talk about it, and then she allows to reach the new serum tier.

Reactions: brumpbo_tungus

Aqqh

Jul 12, 2017
He rly should introduce some serums that would let MC modify NPCs stats or behaviour, enable more activities (fetishes) etc.
There is nothing to do in this game once you reach a certain level. The highest tier of research is quite disappointing as theses next to nothing in there.
You got this event where you select 3 employees for experimental treatment and then there is no followup - quite disappointing again.

Sure simulation part may be interesting at first - but once you buy all business policies money becomes useless, got mine up to 12.5k/day of income and stopped seeing any kind of a point in improving it further.

BTW Alexia is bugged. When you recruit her to work for you she doesn't have all the dialogue options other employees have (I couldn't compliment/insult her work or start work assessment). Also, she can be in multiple places at the same time in the mornings... (haven't checked that in v19.1, but I can't see any Alexia related fixes in the changelog).

Last edited:

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
I need help I cant figure out how to keep the employees from just up and leaving every five days
You can do as jeopurry989 suggested, and, if people still want to leave, I suggest to raise their pay (if you have 3-15 spare $ daily).
How??
Go find worker -> start job review -> reward -> increase salary (or something else, but I think you got it)

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Anyone knows how to trigger a fetish event via console command? Like in Trollden's post about the morning events here?

kin1146

Apr 19, 2017
Check and see their dislikes and hates. Some hate working certain jobs, some hate certain dayss, some hate employee uniforms, etc. These will slowly lower their happiness, which makes them leave. I micromanage my staff selection until I can make a happiness/Obedience serum, then I have that set as my daily serum for my company. After that, their likess and dislikes don't really matter. :)
I did that but now there happiness goes up by 5 each day and their obedience should go up by 10 each day but instead of their obedience going up it fucking tanks. How does the obedience serum lead to them losing obedience????

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I did that but now there happiness goes up by 5 each day and their obedience should go up by 10 each day but instead of their obedience going up it fucking tanks. How does the obedience serum lead to them losing obedience????
Each day your obedience serum adds 10 points total obedience to their base obedience score for the duration of the serum. It isn't changing the base stat, and it isn't a permanent stat growth. You need to take actions that lead to a permanent increase in obedience (praise and admonishment actions do this).

Reactions: Legionsoul

Denis25

Dec 4, 2017
Got an Error when tried to make a photo shoot with Alexia (second)

Went for an outfit -> undress to underwear -> undress to naked -> end photoshoot (was not slutty to play with herself)
If not undressing to naked - works ok.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 7893, in script call
call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
File "game/script.rpy", line 7998, in script call
$ _return.call_action(the_person)
File "game/role_alexia.rpy", line 487, in script call
call photo_be_playful(the_person) from _call_photo_be_playful
File "game/role_alexia.rpy", line 591, in script call
call photo_be_sexy(the_person) from _call_photo_be_sexy_1
File "game/role_alexia.rpy", line 640, in script call
call photo_flash(the_person) from _call_photo_flash_1
File "game/role_alexia.rpy", line 710, in script call
call photo_naked(the_person) from _call_photo_naked_2
File "game/role_alexia.rpy", line 792, in script
return return the_person.outfit.slut_requirement
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/role_alexia.rpy, line 792)
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 7893, in script call
call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
File "game/script.rpy", line 7998, in script call
$ _return.call_action(the_person)
File "game/role_alexia.rpy", line 487, in script call
call photo_be_playful(the_person) from _call_photo_be_playful
File "game/role_alexia.rpy", line 591, in script call
call photo_be_sexy(the_person) from _call_photo_be_sexy_1
File "game/role_alexia.rpy", line 640, in script call
call photo_flash(the_person) from _call_photo_flash_1
File "game/role_alexia.rpy", line 710, in script call
call photo_naked(the_person) from _call_photo_naked_2
File "game/role_alexia.rpy", line 792, in script
return return the_person.outfit.slut_requirement
File "...\Lab_Rats_2-v0.19.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1434, in execute
renpy.store._return = renpy.python.py_eval(self.expression)
File "...\Lab_Rats_2-v0.19.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1941, in py_eval
code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
File "...\Lab_Rats_2-v0.19.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 674, in py_compile
raise e
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/role_alexia.rpy, line 792)
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.19.1
Fri Aug 09 13:17:20 2019

Last edited:

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
I accidentally skipped Nora's dialogue and can't quite figure out how to get the serum to tier 2, anyone know?
Nora should have given you a new serum trait to you can add to serums. You can't actually research the trait in the lab to get the side-effect chance down, all you can do is create a new serum formula with the trait. What she wants you to do is test the trait on people since her university backers are too strict to let her do any human trials.

So you have to make a serum with the trait she gave you (the trait is called something obvious like Nora's test trait... or something like that) it has something ridiculous like a 1000000% side-effect chance... so I personally didn't test the serum on any of my own employees, I just found some randoms at the mall that I thought didn't look interesting and gave them a serum I created with Nora's trait. Then you have to talk to them while under the influence of the serum and you'll get 0.2 research mastery on Nora's trait for each conversation you have with them (small talk, flirt, and complement all work for this I believe).

Once you have Nora's trait's research mastery level to at least 2, you can go back and talk to Nora and she'll give you her research notes that will unlock research tier 2 for you.

Aqqh

Jul 12, 2017
there is no serum that increases obedience permanently, their effect is only temporary. And if you force them to take it against their will they can lose some of their base obedience - and that's how they end up having less after temporary effect fades.
the easiest way to increase obedience is to
1) insult their work (obviously it works only for your employees) - the more charisma you got the more obedient they become
2) be rough with them when they cum while giving head
both cause the girl to lose some happiness (unless she has a "submissive" trait)

the easiest ways to build happiness:
1) compliment their work (obviously it works only for your employees)
2) make them cum
3) give them serum that increases happiness/turn - together with daily serum dosage business policy it permanently solves any problems with happiness.

I don't think I ever had an employee quit or even demand a raise...

Last edited:
Reactions: Legionsoul

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
You can do as jeopurry989 suggested, and, if people still want to leave, I suggest to raise their pay (if you have 3-15 spare $ daily).
How??
Go find worker -> start job review -> reward -> increase salary (or something else, but I think you got it)
Also, be selective about who you hire. You want to unlock those business policies that show you the traits of each employees sooner rather than later so you'll know if you're about to hire someone who hates working... or who hates the particular type of work you meant to hire them for.

Ideally you'll want to hire people who either like/love working, or like/love the type of work you want them to do, that will keep their happiness above 100. conservative, skimpy, pants... if they hate those things, that can be a problem too... their wardrobe is randomly generated and someone who hates pants could literally have only outfits with pants and their happiness will always be getting dinged every time jump because they wear pants every day and hate pants.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes