ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Is it possible to remove items from your inventory? Not just move them back to the production inventory, but destroy them?

I have a couple that generated too many side effects, so I want to ditch the prototype.

Tried mc.inventory.serums_held[0][1] = 0, but that sets the count while not removing the name from the list...

Last edited:

User #1751331

Oct 30, 2019
Going to try a different approach here. Usually I say what I find wrong when I find some an issue. Maybe that's the wrong way of going about it or not when it comes to letting people know there is an issue.

The game is good and does what it is meant to do. Clearly quite a bit of work has gone into it. That said this isn't a review of the game. So I'll stop with that.

There seems to be two issues I noticed.
1. When you get into the section where you are trying to seduce the female it starts to lagg. It's clearly not a graphics issue there doesn't appear to be any animation in the game other than some transitions when clothing changes.

2. The percentiles that are given when it comes to the various chances by no means reflect any actual chance.
I'm not sure at what point he is effectively rolling the die but where ever it is it's not a good point. I would venture to guess it's this die cast code that may very well be causing the lagg issue as well.
I would almost guess that he is continually recalculating the percentile chance for any time you have entered into the female characters menu. It would be better to only make those calculations when a change happens such as an increase in happiness or a decrease.
While medication seems to go from one day turn to the next giving a dose at night seems to be cleared by the next morning. That means to get the most out of them you pretty much have to does everyone in the morning.

To be clear when the females % says 75% success rate and it failes every single time and even after you dump 200 energy into raising her happiness up from 120 to 146 and she has 100 love and sitting 3 hearts of sluttiness there is a problem. Yes I check each time in between raising her on all 3 options.

Also similar issues exist with dosing them as well.

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
Is it possible to remove items from your inventory? Not just move them back to the production inventory, but destroy them?

What I've been doing is moving them back to the production stockpile, and then going to the office and manually marking them for sale. This gets them sold, and thereby out of your hair.

It's not an ideal solution; if the serum has negative vale (as some of Nora's test traits do) then you're going to take a hit when they're sold - you may need to do it in small stages. I tend to look at this as the price of disposing of toxic waste.

Erumis

Dec 26, 2016
found a bug

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8725, in script call
    call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8854, in script call
    call talk_person(the_person) from _call_talk_person_1 #If we're in the same place and time hasn't advanced keep talking to them until we stop talking on purpose.
    call talk_person(the_person) from _call_talk_person_1 #If we're in the same place and time hasn't advanced keep talking to them until we stop talking on purpose.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8851, in script call
    $ _return.call_action()
  File "game/chat_actions.rpy", line 1363, in script call
    call fuck_person(the_person,private = in_private) from _call_fuck_person
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 83, in script
    "[the_person.possessive_title] is in control, and keeps on [position_choice.verbing] you."
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'verbing'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8725, in script call
    call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8851, in script call
    $ _return.call_action()
  File "game/chat_actions.rpy", line 1363, in script call
    call fuck_person(the_person,private = in_private) from _call_fuck_person
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 83, in script
    "[the_person.possessive_title] is in control, and keeps on [position_choice.verbing] you."
  File "C:\Users\joaomatos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\joaomatos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1199, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\joaomatos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1003, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "C:\Users\joaomatos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 985, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "C:\Users\joaomatos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 652, in get_field
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'verbing'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.24.1
Mon Jan 20 16:05:27 2020

Uptime Lurker

Jul 29, 2018
The game is good and does what it is meant to do. Clearly quite a bit of work has gone into it. That said this isn't a review of the game. So I'll stop with that.
I would rather disagree. Interface, graphics, everything is horrible in this game. Only reason I still check updates is you can run a company, hire and subdue non-predefined procedurely generated girls. Which are still horrible thoght, like everything is. Every time I think about what could be suggested for this game I come to conclusion that it's better make another one from a scratch.

Last edited:

User #1751331

Oct 30, 2019
I would rather disagree. Interface, graphics, everything is horrible in this game. Only reason I still check updates is you can run a company, hire and subdue non-predefined procedurely generated girls. Which are still horrible thoght, like everything is. Every time I think about what could be suggested for this game I come to conclusion that it's better make another one from a scratch.
I'm not saying the game isn't without issues.
I just was trying to keep it to one specific thing and not be so negative the person simply shuts me out because they get upset.

If you want the truth. The first and biggest issue this game suffers from is that they aren't using a game engine that better suited for the type of game they are wanting to develop. In this case Renpy has far to many features they don't need and the structure of how Renpy is written is a bad choice for this type of game. If you wanted to use Renpy the best way you could for this game you would have to mod the actual Renpy engine.

You are correct the girls seem generated to whatever extent they are. Also there is no animation.
The characters never really look like they are doing what they are doing. Take if you do it against the wall the girl looks like she is weirdly floating in air rather than there being a wall and you seeing her being pegged up against it.

The one place he could have used random results a lot more effectively would be with side effects. He could have created a hole list of sexual and non-sexual side effects and then instead of simply reducing those you could choose if you want to increase it or find a way to reduce it by combining it with other stuff you worked out. And for the number of items you can combine into a single formula it would have been better to simply use your skill or knowledge level.

I think he created stuff like the company policies regarding how many employees you can have as a monetary sink. In reality they are just a nu-sense. There are plenty of real business things people could sink money to for a lab power & utilities, internet, building a web presence.

More time could be focused on the type of buyers you want to target good guys and bad. Control drugs and slutty drugs would be great for under world, brothels, slavers.... Mood drugs for psychiatrist, Other drugs would have other legit medical uses.

Not just that right now the game just has oral, medications, but it could be branched to contact types, inhalers...

Also owning a lab companies often contract others to produce their product after requiring and NDA and non competitive agreement. While you can't compete against that drug doesn't mean you can't pick up and learn something from it that might benefit another drug of yours.

But as I said it does what its author intended. It simulates a company that offers some means of control via drugs over females.

That's another thing it could have been done over a populace and more. But those are ideas some may already be stuff he planned for down the road. I don't know. He's free to use the ideas I posted here. I would suggest looking into something other than Renpy for this type of game.

bizzydizzy

Sep 30, 2018
What I've been doing is moving them back to the production stockpile, and then going to the office and manually marking them for sale. This gets them sold, and thereby out of your hair.

It's not an ideal solution; if the serum has negative vale (as some of Nora's test traits do) then you're going to take a hit when they're sold - you may need to do it in small stages. I tend to look at this as the price of disposing of toxic waste.
I'm a terrible person and have a garbage dump character that I feed dozens of horrendous concoctions to to get rid of them. With high enough charisma, there's not a chance they'll say no, but I do feel kinda bad forcefeeding 25 serums named 'Nora's Gamer Girl Bathwater' that causes horrendous nightmares to a random woman.

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018

I have a couple that generated too many side effects, so I want to ditch the prototype.

Tried mc.inventory.serums_held[0][1] = 0, but that sets the count while not removing the name from the list...
Edit the serum to something useful?

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
I had to remove Stephanie from head researcher due to code error. Now i cant Advance my research because i cant limit current head researcher's (Alice) slutness to 2.5. help

Apr 23, 2018
I don't seem to be able to get the fuck date option even if the subject is my girlfriend. Also I never seen the bring your daughter to work event. Anyone else having this issue?

Jaycee

Nov 26, 2017
I've been following this game for some time now and thoroughly enjoy it. There are a few typos here and there, but nothing dramatic, and the updates always seem to improve the game's overall enjoyment. However, I'm surprised that nobody seems to havve mentioned a minor bug that occurs when asking a girl on a date. The girl always seems to talk to herself rather than the MC ("That seems like a good idea, X"). It gets weird when you aren't on first name basis with the girl, so she refers to herself as 'Mrs. X'...
Also, if you insist on final testing of a researched serum, you tell your head reasearcher that you'll be there right away. When you arrive, she seems surprised to see you ("How can I help you?"), and then you tell her that you're set up over there...
Like I said, only minor bugs but it does seem strange that they haven't been mentioned before

Reactions: Jackbite

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I don't seem to be able to get the fuck date option even if the subject is my girlfriend. Also I never seen the bring your daughter to work event. Anyone else having this issue?
Yeah, chances are really low. But it happened to me, once. But fuck date should work. It's a pain in the ass you can only have one date a week, Friday's.

Apr 23, 2018
Yeah, chances are really low. But it happened to me, once. But fuck date should work. It's a pain in the ass you can only have one date a week, Friday's.
I can do lunch, movies and romance date, but I don't have the fuck date option. I remember being able to do that in a previous build. Not sure what the requirements are but she is at max slut, high happiness, high obedience, but no fuck date option even as a girlfriend.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes