KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
I think the point is... Would you go buy a prototype TV to help the company fix it so others can get the same model TV for free 1 week later?

It literally makes no sense for the majority of us, its ass backwards and like was mentioned the real bugfixing starts when its released to the public.

EDIT: I even wonder if the goddamn "giving head" bug is still there.

Reactions: hhd12258

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
I wonder who those premium customers you're reffering to might be? I'm assuming you don't mean people who get the game here or from other sources besides Vren's patreon?
while I am sure every one of them are fine examples of upstanding citizens, that is not the kind of preminum I ment to suggest. My intent leaned toward the paying kind, as friend KEKBUR was able to discern.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
The Mod thread finds way more bugs than the patreons do. And they get fixed faster.

Vren should drop the early build there and save his players alot of fustration.
You got this exactly the wrong way around - mod creators should approach the creator if they seem to excel in certain things. This is no competition where one is better or worse than the other. It is always easier to mod something existing than keeping tabs on an overall project of this size and tests will always show better results the bigger the test group is.

Reactions: electricat

Playaza

Mar 30, 2018
Looks like my old save isn't compatible with the new version. Really don't want to start from scratch... but I keep getting rollback errors every time I interact with anyone. Seems to be related to the new animations... but even disabling them doesn't appear to help.

Younger54

Dec 13, 2016
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but when I play the little window with the characters I'm interacting with is way off center.
1581190419022.png

Any help?

shkemba

Jun 30, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but when I play the little window with the characters I'm interacting with is way off center.
View attachment 545397

Any help?
Mine are smaller. Around 60% of the original and in the top left corner of the character box. Only happens during conversation/interaction. When hovering over names the standing image is ok.

sadf

Jun 19, 2017
the render is tied to desktop resolution in a weird way, maximise the game window.
Mine are smaller. Around 60% of the original and in the top left corner of the character box. Only happens during conversation/interaction. When hovering over names the standing image is ok.

looks like the scale person function in scritp.rpy has been fucked around with.
View attachment 545397

Any help?

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
You got this exactly the wrong way around - mod creators should approach the creator if they seem to excel in certain things. This is no competition where one is better or worse than the other. It is always easier to mod something existing than keeping tabs on an overall project of this size and tests will always show better results the bigger the test group is.
After serious thought and contemplation, I need to say...
LOLWAT

I said nothing about mods. In the mod thread we ALSO fix basic game bugs. Also we fix mod bugs. But the VAST majority of the bug fixes are basic game bugs. And thats for, perhaps, the reason you sugest. Perhaps mods are easy and not mods are hard. Or, perhaps, mods are done by coders, who know code. And the game makers are creaters, who know, perhaps, code no more than they need to.

But I don't know.

I do know the mod thread will fix more basic game bugs in the next 72h than got reported by patreons. I mean, I don't know, but thats the way for the last few releases.

I mean, just look at the bugs reported so far. Did anyone play this before release?

shkemba

Jun 30, 2017
the render is tied to desktop resolution in a weird way, maximise the game window.

looks like the scale person function in scritp.rpy has been fucked around with.
Yeah, I just checked. When using 1920x1080 full screen the standing picture is fine with all animations, but I use 1366x768 and it bugs out. Didn't change any of the scripts (yet).

grobulos

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
Lab Rats 2 25.1 is out. BUT full of Bugs, not playable. Lags, Animation crash, Game crash, Window with animation only at half on monitor

mochamas23

Apr 5, 2019
Hmm... don't judge vran, him work hard for game,,you us understand , all people not Perfect in work....

Enfrize

May 9, 2018
Hmm... don't judge vran, him work hard for game,,you us understand , all people not Perfect in work....
I wouldnt judge him if he wasnt been getting $2142 per month from his patrons. I guess you can finally start taking this work seriously when you getting this much money from your project.

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Do I wish he was a better coder and had better playtesting procedures, so there wouldn't be need for bugfix mods and occasional DIY hacks to get past bugs? Sure. But... All the better coders out there aren't making a game about simulating a superslut serum-making business and he does. So, he's good enough.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes